Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Do you know anyone who has gotten Covid 19 ?

Re: Do you know anyone who has gotten Covid 19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    Just found out dad has tested positive
    So sorry to hear that.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    So sorry to hear that.
    Thanks Tim
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Was visiting my sister and brother in law at there cabin next to Nandoni dam in Thohoyandou last Christmas. Had a good time with the rest family that i don't see to often. Back at her home the day before I was on my way back to the grind she complained about a heavy headache. 3 days later she phoned me to warn me about the fact that she tested positive for the virus. She got notified before she became ill that the photocopier technician who had visited the machine at the office was ill and they should go for test.
    Kept in touch over the phone everyday for the next 4 days and she got ill real bad. She had to be admitted after hypoxia set in. The hospital did there best to keep the loved ones updated on her condition but she could not be visited. Got moved to ICU after 3 days she was to weak to talk over the phone at the end.

Still don't know how to accept it. Been taking Ivermectin since then and been giving it to people close to me.
    Last edited by allan; 03-26-2021 at 05:51 AM.
    Whatever

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Was visiting my sister and brother in law at there cabin next to Nandoni dam in Thohoyandou last Christmas. Had a good time with the rest family that i don't see to often. Back at her home the day before I was on my way back to the grind she complained about a heavy headache. 3 days later she phoned me to warn me about the fact that she tested positive for the virus. She got notified before she became ill that the photocopier technician who had visited the machine at the office was ill and they should go for test.
    Kept in touch over the phone everyday for the next 4 days and she got ill real bad. She had to be admitted after Hypoxia set in. The hospital did there best to keep the loved ones updated on her condition but she could not be visited. Got moved to ICU after 3 days she was to weak to talk over the phone at the end.

Still don't know how to accept it. Been taking Ivermectin since then and been giving it to people close to me.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Allan. Heartbreaking. I wish you all the best.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Our service manager (my Uncle) was forced into "early" retirement due to Fluid on the Brain, which was exacerbated to a huge degree by contracting Covid while he was in the hospital getting treatment/ surgery for the Fluid. September of this year would have been his 50 YEAR mark at our Company! He's still going to be on the 'roster' until then, so we can give him his 50 year plaque, and so he can still help out here and there if he feels comfortable enough doing something.
    He has been out since the day before Thanksgiving last year (Nearly a Month and a half of that was in the hospital), and has still not fully recovered. He didn't have the breathing problems or coughing that many get with this virus, but he did develop really bad Brain Fog from the Covid, which compounded the memory/ balance/ gait/ pain issues he was already having from the Fluid on the Brain.
    Now, after 13 years with my Company, I have been thrust into his position (big shoes to fill), and that's one of the main reasons I haven't been on this site as often. Between getting my Business Administration degree, learning the EAuto software, staying up to date on the newest machines, keeping our three locations' service departments humming along, and still going out on calls.....I've got my hands full! Not to mention having a Wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, a cat, and some helpless family members!

Everyone else I know that has gotten it, has had very minor symptoms or no symptoms at all.
    Omertà

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Sorry to hear about you uncle. I hope he continues to improve. Fluid on the brain can often be a contributing factor to a stroke.

My step son and his wife had it a few months ago. We had one technician in out branch that had it. A few of my online friends have had it. That is about all. Not many and I no one that has died from it.

yes several

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CEBERUS View Post
    yes several
    So you registered to post this?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

The mother of one of my good buddies died from covid. She caught it after being around a bunch of people during his Dad's passing. Yes, he lost his Dad and his Mom within a few weeks of each other. Talk about a series of traumatic events.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING