Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,968
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: anyone here know how to make FAST ALCOHOL "not for drinking"??

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Same here as Phil told, firewood will produce some smoke so we can use torch fueled by bottles of LPG.
    Can always go all out and make wood gas.
    Probably takes lots of experience running on coal.
    Whatever

  2. #42
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    11,311
    Rep Power
    269

    Re: anyone here know how to make FAST ALCOHOL "not for drinking"??

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I was responding to the comment slim made. But if you want the recipe I'll be glad to send it over.
    With the cabbage fermented you could distill the vapors to alcohol. js

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    ANd I was responding to a comment by Neo. It all ties in to fermentation.

  3. #43
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    92

    Re: anyone here know how to make FAST ALCOHOL "not for drinking"??

    Guys no criticism intended at all. Just we moved a bit away from fshead original topic. Still entertaining thread though.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  4. #44
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    3,477
    Rep Power
    93

    Re: anyone here know how to make FAST ALCOHOL "not for drinking"??

    Fire and gas driven distilling is an accident waiting to happen.
    The thumper Still is causing a small explosion inside the still as it thumps from over heating the wash. It happens inside the wash water not the air, so no huge explosion happens. If the wash water goes low all bets are off.

    It really is simple to make a safer still.
    Go and spent a whopping $38 at K-Mart and buy an office size 10ltr stainless electric hot water urn.
    Drill a centre hole in the top of the urn lid. Place a plastic or copper pipe fitting into the hole.
    Run a coil of copper or plastic hose from the fitting. Run the hose coil vertical up through some ice cubes.
    Lean the output end of hose coil downward into a bottle to collect the alcohol.


    Disclaimer:
    Use the above information at your own risk...
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:54 PM.
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

  5. #45
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,968
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: anyone here know how to make FAST ALCOHOL "not for drinking"??

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Fire and gas driven distilling is an accident waiting to happen.
    The thumper Still is causing a small explosion inside the still as it thumps from over heating the wash. It happens inside the wash water not the air, so no huge explosion happens. If the wash water goes low all bets are off.

    It really is simple to make a safer still.
    Go and spent a whopping $38 at K-Mart and buy an office size 10ltr stainless electric hot water urn.
    Drill a centre hole in the top of the urn lid. Place a plastic or copper pipe fitting into the hole.
    Run a coil of copper or plastic hose from the fitting. Run the hose coil vertical up through some ice cubes.
    Lean the output end of hose coil downward into a bottle to collect the alcohol.


    Disclaimer:
    Use the above information at your own risk...
    Was thinking of getting a counter top water distiller driven by a variac bringing to line voltage down just a bit to make it more suitable for the task.
    How is the legality of this down under? Here if you don't sell it you can make it.
    Whatever

  6. #46
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    11,311
    Rep Power
    269

    Re: anyone here know how to make FAST ALCOHOL "not for drinking"??

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Was thinking of getting a counter top water distiller driven by a variac bringing to line voltage down just a bit to make it more suitable for the task.
    How is the legality of this down under? Here if you don't sell it you can make it.
    Here in the US beer and wine are ok. Distilled spirits not so much. https://www.ttb.gov/distilled-spirit...gal-distilling

  7. #47
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    3,477
    Rep Power
    93

    Re: anyone here know how to make FAST ALCOHOL "not for drinking"??

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Here in the US beer and wine are ok. Distilled spirits not so much. https://www.ttb.gov/distilled-spirit...gal-distilling
    Commercial bought 100% alcohol is in short supply due to the corna virus world wide lock down.

    Re distilled alcohol:
    Absolutely definitely use it as Covid virus disinfectant. Topical and Oral....

    Why would any one use it for any thing else...
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

  8. #48
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    92

    Re: anyone here know how to make FAST ALCOHOL "not for drinking"??

    Making eco(green) booze
    20200510_144851.pdf
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here