certified scrub 500+ Posts
    useless is useless, hot damn. /rant!

useless is useless, hot damn. /rant!

lady: we have lines on copy

me: do you have lines if you print from kom-pew-ter

Lady: no lines

me: the glass may be dirty then, could you take a look

lady: oh there's no glass, we use the top portion. (starting to hit my head on the desk)

me: there are two piece of glass, one on the right, one on the left/smaller could be dirty(ALWAYS IS).

lady: *lots of noise coming through the phone, pots and pans and things...wtf.

lady: oh we will call you when we need you, we have nothing to copy at the moment.

me: quietly exploding...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: useless is useless, hot damn. /rant!

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post

lady: oh there's no glass, we use the top portion. (starting to hit my head on the desk)

me: there are two piece of glass, one on the right, one on the left/smaller could be dirty(ALWAYS IS).

lady: oh we will call you when we need you, we have nothing to copy at the moment.

DAMN WITE-OUT!!!useless is useless, hot damn. /rant!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Well it's about time
    It's beginning to hurt
    Time you made up your mind
    Just what is it all worth
    All my useless advice
    All my hanging around
    All your cutting down to size
    All my bringing you down
    Watch the clock on the wall
    Feel the slowing of time
    Hear a voice in the hall
    Echoing in my mind
    All your stupid ideals
    Got your head in the clouds
    You should see how it feels
    With your feet on the ground
    Here I stand the accused
    With your fist in my face
    Feeling tired and bruised
    With the bitterest…
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post

Ugh had to be reminded of a weird older problem with some of the later analog and earlier digital copiers, the infamous corona cleaner rod. Had a customer that was over fifty miles away and insisted no matter what if there were lines we had to come and fix it. Problem was these particular models had the handy little rod, in the main charge corona assembly, that the operator pulled back and forth and cleaned the corona wire which sometimes got dusty and added a weird charge pattern. The best part was each operators manual actually had instructions on how to use the cleaning rod when there were lines on the copies right next to the pages where they were shown how to change the toner. And of course when we installed the machines we taught the users how to use the cleaner and when. Plus i actually made a small notice of what to try for lines on the copies before calling for service and put that on the front cover. It was a simple operation--- open front cover and pull the little black or red knob out and push it back in. And close the cover and make copies. The worst part was this particular customer was a per-call charge customer with mileage and travel time charges. Yes they always wanted a full hour service when i got there so I ended up using the vacuum and cleaned covers and feed rollers and handed them a bill for two hours. Finally they went with another brand when their machine went on the list of machines no longer supported because it was over five years since the machine models were made.

Of course we also had the same problems with ink and white out in the slit glass all over the place. Even got to the point where some customers would ask me why I didn't tell them to do that before I came out . Problem was that ones that asked that were not the ones that placed the service call and insisted we had tof fix the blasted copier