Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    The future of work

Re: The future of work

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You really need to try to be more specific. Does CDL stand for California Drivers License, Connecticut, Colorado or what. Here in California it need to be a Class A drivers license as opposed to the Class C license that most drivers have.
    I do not know all of the classifications. Home | American Trucker defines a CDL as a "commercial drivers license".

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    The future of work

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I do not know all of the classifications. Home | American Trucker defines a CDL as a "commercial drivers license".
    True but EACH state has their own designated classification for it.
    Welcome to America..
    Nothing is clear/Simple to understand due to regulatory demands.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    The future of work

Thank you for answering.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    The future of work

.... myself, personally, I have been biking to nearby parts of my city all winter. I really enjoy it and plan to continue year round. I see a lot more people biking to work.
    Do you wear a face mask/covering while cycling?
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    The future of work

It's a fairly simple question.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

The future of work

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Do you wear a face mask/covering while cycling?
    No need to. Easy to maintain social distancing while being outside. I have never seen any other biker wear a mask.

I live in one of the lowest risk areas for COVID-19 in the world.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    The future of work

No need to. Easy to maintain social distancing while being outside. I have never seen any other biker wear a mask.

I live in one of the lowest risk areas for COVID-19 in the world.
    Don't let bsm2 hear you say that. He seems to be a wear a mask freak.

The future of work

Should employers mandate COVID-19 vaccinations?

Before companies return to work, they must develop a strategy involving rules related to vaccination.

... While many employees are accepting the vaccination, literally with open arms, others may opt-out due to fears about compromising their personal health or religious views.

...If employers choose not to mandate vaccinations, they can still encourage and incentivize employees to receive one.

Some companies are offering employees incentives to get vaccinated" that according to HRExecutive.com,

"One of the ways this will be executed is through financial incentives—companies like Instacart, Aldi, Trader Joe's and Chobani are offering measures such as two hours of pay for each dose they receive, as well as scheduling flexibility for salaried employees and paid time off."

Only time will tell if paid time off is enough of an incentive for employees to get vaccinated. Until then, employers need guidelines in place for tracking both vaccinated and non-vaccinated employees. A COVID-19 vaccination policy can include a section on this and other security precautions companies need to take before opening their doors to all employees.

The future of work

Toronto office, industrial vacancies tell two tales of the pandemic

The shift in the nature of work and consumer shopping habits brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is on full display in the downtown Toronto commercial real estate space.

New reports by commercial real estate services firm JLL said the office vacancy rate in the downtown core rose to 8.4 per cent in the first quarter – up from 5.1 per cent in the prior quarter.

With vaccination rates rising both in Ontario and the rest of the country, businesses are looking to soon have workers return to the office.

While companies that need to utilize offices have had no trouble finding space for rent, the opposite can be said for industrial-based businesses, which have been key in feeding the surge in demand for goods as Canadians endured more than a year of working, and shopping, from home.

Industrial vacancy rates have remained below the two per cent mark for ten straight quarters.

With space at a premium, buildings that are currently under construction but can be ready for immediate occupancy are being snapped up at lightning speed.

As more consumers shop online, businesses are increasingly needing warehouse storage and fulfillment space for their products.

JLL believes industrial vacancy rates will remain at these low levels and could even worsen this year.

“This will keep upward pressure on rental rates and is expected to ignite significant speculative construction starts later this spring and summer,” the report said.

The future of work

With the rapid re-opening of the US economy due to new guidance from the CDC, will employees return to the office workspace in large numbers?

A lot of employees made personal significant decisions about where and how they work and may not be willing to return to the five days per week commuter lifestyle.

Certainly a lot of business depend upon office towers filled with workers.

Will print page volumes increase with the return of office tower workers?