Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    The future of work

Re: The future of work

[QUOTE=D_L_P;

I wonder how the seg 1 copiers will fare? I'm sure all this is good news for companies like HP, Lexmark, or Brother. But will the throwaway SOHO equipment win out or the low end dealer equipment win?[/QUOTE]

IT Managers could demand that home office workers must use MFP devices that comply with the corporate needs for device security and ease of cloud connectivity.

In the first wave of workers suddenly forced to work from home a lot of non coordinated purchases were made of low cost yet costly to operate inkjet MFP print devices.

As business processes and standards become more clearly defined, a second wave of purchases/ leases could occur from the major print providers. This poses new challenges for install technicians to go onsite into employee's homes to connect and repair devices while respecting COVID-19 health precautions. Home offices often have sub standard wireless networks and convoluted personal entertainment systems intermingled.

The future of work

RJ Young an office equipment reseller in the USA has already begun to market these temperature monitors to their customers.

Approx $100.00 month x60.

YouTube

The office equipment industry is well suited to offer and support similar devices.

Although this is a new expense and may sound like a lot, it is far less expensive than bringing in a nurse or attendant a few hours per day.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    RJ Young an office equipment reseller in the USA has already begun to market these temperature monitors to their customers.

Approx $100.00 month x60.

YouTube

The office equipment industry is well suited to offer and support similar devices.

Although this is a new expense and may sound like a lot, it is far less expensive than bringing in a nurse or attendant a few hours per day.
    My company selling them as well as several other dealers in the NYC area.

The future of work

In many offices, the copiers and printers are clustered in a small "copier room" designed to keep noise and distractions away from employees.

This room forces many people to frequently enter a small space daily though a single door where the air often does not circulate well and employees collectively touch common surfaces often.

In most cases, office floor plans were designed years ago, with no thought given to infectious diseases let alone protecting employees from returning to work with the common cold.

In the future of work, these copier/printer devices have to be relocated into open spaces with good air circulation as floor plans are redrawn to help employees maintain social distancing. Operating noise and air filtration will become a much more important specification.

Office managers are desperate these days as revenues have fallen due to COVID-19 to reduce operating expenses and may turn to used copiers to fit their reduced budgets.

I am seeing a big demand right now for quality used colour copiers. They rarely are in inventory for more than a week before they are sold. These copiers are often dusty when they first arrive at the dealer with only a second thought given to cleaning out the air filters before the copier is delivered. Air filters are rarely replaced and sometimes only blown out.

We have all seen copiers where the air inlets are clogged with dust on the back of the copier.

Copier basically suck in a lot of air to help cool the inside. Therefore, they have to exhaust a lot of heated air ... but what else is in that air ... could there be coronavirus spores?

Unfortunately, like the office floor plans designed a decade ago, copiers that were designed 5+ years ago were focussed on Energy Star ratings and not so much on air quality.

Buried deep in the MSDS sheets that every manufacturer must provide will their products, is little mention of air quality. I have just reviewed one of my MSDS sheets and the information is much more concerned about a person coming in unlikely contact with toner or developer materials. It was hard to identify air quality on my MSDS sheets.

Air quality has never been a subject of copier sales conversations separating one vendor from another.

I believe the actual measurement is called Total Volatile Organic compounds (TVOCs).

Volatile Organic compounds are a combination of gases and odors emitted from many different toxins and chemicals found in everyday products.

Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 6 Days Ago at 02:59 AM.