Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The 70's

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

The 70's

Gonna start a new thread because I love music. I was born in the late 60's so this music is what I was listening to on my mothers AM radio in the car in the seventies. Peter Friggin Frampton YouTube

Re: The 70's

The one band I wish I had seen .. the Allman Brothers in their prime

YouTube

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

[QUOTE=20 year tech;1474556]The one band I wish I had seen .. the Allman Brothers in their prime

I did not get to see the Allman Brothers , but , my daughter and I did get to a Gov't Mule concert a few years ago . ( Which was AWESOME , buy the way . ) We got to meet Warren after the show , and get his autograph , and souviner guitar picks .

For us ' OLDER techs ' that were born in the 50's and grew up in the 60's , 70's , & 80's era's of music - the list of great musicians is too long to print. I remember going to the " Shower of Stars " over in Birmingham Alabama when I was in high school , and getting to see some great bands. I grew up on Southern Blues and Rock , and still enjoy both .
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

[QUOTE=HenryT2;1474936]
    Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    The one band I wish I had seen .. the Allman Brothers in their prime

I did not get to see the Allman Brothers , but , my daughter and I did get to a Gov't Mule concert a few years ago . ( Which was AWESOME , buy the way . ) We got to meet Warren after the show , and get his autograph , and souviner guitar picks .

For us ' OLDER techs ' that were born in the 50's and grew up in the 60's , 70's , & 80's era's of music - the list of great musicians is too long to print. I remember going to the " Shower of Stars " over in Birmingham Alabama when I was in high school , and getting to see some great bands. I grew up on Southern Blues and Rock , and still enjoy both .
    I remember back in 1975 when Heart (Ann and Nancy Wilson) were "unheard ofs", and when they were in town, they had a meet and greet at a local record store..."Peaches", if anyone remembers that name...they were huge. I had to work that day, but my best friend did get to. Almost nobody showed up, as they were just another warm-up band at that time.

Heart has taken some time off over the years, but they are still touring. They were in Cleveland (Blossom Music Center) last August.

How many bands of today will still be going strong 45 years from now?

Check this out: Heart performing "Stairway to Heaven" back in 2012. You just may recognize some familiar faces in the crowd. YouTube
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    The 70's

[QUOTE=KenB;1474972]
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    I remember back in 1975 when Heart (Ann and Nancy Wilson) were "unheard ofs", and when they were in town, they had a meet and greet at a local record store..."Peaches", if anyone remembers that name...they were huge. I had to work that day, but my best friend did get to. Almost nobody showed up, as they were just another warm-up band at that time.

Heart has taken some time off over the years, but they are still touring. They were in Cleveland (Blossom Music Center) last August.

How many bands of today will still be going strong 45 years from now?

Check this out: Heart performing "Stairway to Heaven" back in 2012. You just may recognize some familiar faces in the crowd. YouTube

If you are a fan of Heart then you must see their KWSU TV performance from 1976 at Washington State University also on you tube

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Heart, tastefully done hard rock! They have tracks with guitars layered over sequences and then a subtle clean electric guitar lead quickly seguing to the next part.

I have a collection CD where they added a live cover of Led Zep's "Rock and Roll" and it is incredible. Granted they had a extra electric guitar over Zep, but it is amazing.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

[QUOTE=nathicana;1475062]
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post

If you are a fan of Heart then you must see their KWSU TV performance from 1976 at Washington State University also on you tube
    I will check it out.

Thanks!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

The Doobie Brothers Listen to the music

YouTube

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

[QUOTE=KenB;1475145]
    Quote Originally Posted by nathicana View Post
    I will check it out.

Thanks!
    Or maybe even this link with a nice long list of songs with the first being over an hour of hits from the 70's

YouTube