Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Driving in the time of Covid 19

Couldn't find a thread that this would fit in so here's my rant.

Just got back from my 8 mile round trip to the food store. On the way there some jack ass thought my going 35 in a 25 mph zone wasn't fast enough and went by me at around 70.
    Then as I got closer to the store some idiot completely ignored a stop sign, I missed him by about 10 yards.
    On the ride home there was a car in front of me doing about 20 mph, no big deal I was going back home where there is not much to do anyway, he decides hes going to take a left with no signal and completely missed being hit by the guy in the oncoming lane by about the same distance as the dip shit that ran out on me.
    Then about a Half mile from my house there is a large bend and some punk ass kid cuts in my lane, I swerved but he was close enough I could have touched his car.

I just needed some milk, eggs and some staples and had 4 near misses in an 8 mile round trip WTF !

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: Driving in the time of Covid 19

i am with you on the increase asshole factor in these new times........
    I dont know if it is wearing a mask while driving or thinking of all the shit people are dealing with..I try not to get caught up in the
    moment although some days i am ready to brick someones windshield..............

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Idiots, drunk and 💉 seems to goes off exponentially. Be careful guys. Same here.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

certified scrub 500+ Posts

oh yah, lots of speeders. Makes you wonder why and what were they in a hurry to get done?
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Lately I seem to have a lot of drivers trying to use my lane AND theirs as of lot by putting their wheels directly on the line dividing the lanes. Never used to be an issue. I'm figuring there is daytime drinking (and driving) involved. And I thought I was the only one dealing with extra crappy drivers over the last few months. Guess I'm not crazy. Yet. You guys be safe out there.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I have noticed the same problem where I live,but in my case it is because I live in a sanctuary state and city and we are loaded with them. They must have different rules where they come from. You can tell when they are illegals because when they cause a crash,if their car still drives they keep going. If their car is totalled they get out and run. Anything to avoid the police. Huge problem here.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I've come to the conclusion that most drivers think that the traffic laws have been repealed. I must admit that driving in Flint, Michigan has been like this for the last 5 years. You have to treat every vehicle on the road as if they're going to cut in front of you against the signal. About half the time you're right. The continuity seems to be a little better on the highway.

Perhaps it's been so long that the local drivers have forgotten how to drive?

I followed a Detroit cop the other day that ran every Stop Light and every Stop Sign like they weren't there, at a very leisurely rate, no hurry. Maybe the cops are exempt too? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that most drivers think that the traffic laws have been repealed. I must admit that driving in Flint, Michigan has been like this for the last 5 years. You have to treat every vehicle on the road as if they're going to cut in front of you against the signal. About half the time you're right. The continuity seems to be a little better on the highway.

Perhaps it's been so long that the local drivers have forgotten how to drive?

I followed a Detroit cop the other day that ran every Stop Light and every Stop Sign like they weren't there, at a very leisurely rate, no hurry. Maybe the cops are exempt too? =^..^=
    Dash camera not working?
    Should have taken a cell phone video of their antics and post it online or to the media....
    Big an little Brother better have eyes in the back of their heads, video recording can work both ways.

Some citys in Australia allow turn left through a Red stop light at any time if safe to do so.
    Do you have turn right at Red light in the USA?
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Some citys in Australia allow turn left through a Red stop light at any time if safe to do so.
    Do you have turn right at Red light in the USA?
    Most US places, yes, right turn on red (unless marked otherwise). Some cities/states do not allow it. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Where do I even start with this topic. With the amount of driving that we all do, you would think we have seen it all. The reduced traffic during this crisis makes rush hour commuting appear as if I am travelling in the middle of the night. One of the longer commutes I would normally do would be 100 minutes but only take me 65. Yet, as others mentioned, that still is not fast enough. Sometimes I feel as if I am standing still as people zip past. The highway patrol has a lot of free time on their hands and the other day I saw 3 different cars pulled over by 3 different cops within 1 km of each other. I'm not sure how wide the news travelled but someone got caught doing 308 kph (193 mph) in a 100 kph (63 mph) zone near where I live. That is messed up. Man, I could go on for hours but I rest for now.