Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Political Compass

Re: Political Compass

I did it again answering the questions as I think a fascist dictator would answer and only got 3/10 on the fascist scale, slightly disappointing.

I lived under Margaret Thatcher's rule, fuck knows how they put her in that category.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Political Compass

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    I did it again answering the questions as I think a fascist dictator would answer and only got 3/10 on the fascist scale, slightly disappointing.

I lived under Margaret Thatcher's rule, fuck knows how they put her in that category.
    clearly it is a skewed survey .. I took it and was deemed liberal .. I am the FURTHEST thing from liberal.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Political Compass

I answered it honestly and received the expected results, then I answered it the way I thought a right winger would answer and got right winger results. It seems to be accurate.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

CONCERNING POLITICAL BIAS

If this were true, logically, the skew within the left and right spectrum would be more dramatic. Even "Republicans" are more to the center in various other surveys since "Freedom of speech" is now a conservative/libertarian ideal. To be frank, the point, and it is shown, how people support their parties because they are FANS of their party. People say they are Republican's or Democrats not because of particular policies, but because it's theirs. They made a choice to support a "team" and they will stick to them, regardless of policies. This can be proven, say a quote by Trump, and the left will find every excuse to disagree. Vice versa with Obama, though it's more prevalent in the left in today's age. Notice, how the left has gone FURTHER, and the "Republicans" are pretty much EVERYWHERE in the horizontal spectrum. Elections have become like a sporting event. "Vote blue no matter who" ect...

The truth is, not many people are authoritarian, Most people from left to right want's to be free, hence it's important to show the vertical axis. And most of you, want to be free from government, which yes, it's a conservative/libertarian ideal.

Lastly, I answered the questions exact opposite of what I posted earlier, and I literally got Hitler.

So, you can in fact get further right, you're just not Hitler.
    Last edited by JLSam; 07-24-2020 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Avoided ad hominems

Political Compass

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The survey has a built in bias to it as a respondent needs to spend at least five minutes to complete it answering many questions.
    Clever trolling as always, please remember this is not the thread for slander.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Political Compass

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    clearly it is a skewed survey .. I took it and was deemed liberal .. I am the FURTHEST thing from liberal.
    You, like me have some liberal value's which will make no difference even after seeing the result from a website on the way we may vote in English/US elections

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The survey has a built in bias to it as a respondent needs to spend at least five minutes to complete it answering many questions.

For those who are use to responding with knee jerk political viewpoints, their bias gets drown out if they answer honestly.
    It's good thread and please guys stay away from casual raves in other hot topics here.
    We all can behave better, right.
    Last edited by tsbservice; 07-24-2020 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Wrong quote
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Political Compass

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Political Compass

I gave it a go, and you guys might be shocked to find out that a "Right winger" like me falls where I do.
    Maybe you won't be shocked though, because even "righties" value life, and freedoms, and most of us are completely fine with certain things like homosexuals being happy, legal immigrants pursuing their dreams of living in a Free country, and other such things.
    Having that Republican or Democrat tag on you is completely irrelevant most times because of how broad a spectrum each of those titles covers, and how far they overlap. I know plenty of democrats that fall a little to the right and vice versa with republicans falling slightly to the left (myself included).
    It's the Extremes of either side (left or right) that people tend to associate someone with who says they are Republican (Extreme right) or Democrat (Extreme left), when in reality, we are all more than likely in Juuuust about the same place on the chart, with some expected exceptions (especially, it seems, between us copier techs).

Economic Left/Right: -1.13
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.1

The image of the graph didn't copy over with the text......then i closed out of the window before i could get it.
    Omertà

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Cool Re: Political Compass

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    I gave it a go, and you guys might be shocked to find out that a "Right winger" like me falls where I do.
    Maybe you won't be shocked though, because even "righties" value life, and freedoms, and most of us are completely fine with certain things like homosexuals being happy, legal immigrants pursuing their dreams of living in a Free country, and other such things.
    Having that Republican or Democrat tag on you is completely irrelevant most times because of how broad a spectrum each of those titles covers, and how far they overlap. I know plenty of democrats that fall a little to the right and vice versa with republicans falling slightly to the left (myself included).
    It's the Extremes of either side (left or right) that people tend to associate someone with who says they are Republican (Extreme right) or Democrat (Extreme left), when in reality, we are all more than likely in Juuuust about the same place on the chart, with some expected exceptions (especially, it seems, between us copier techs).

Economic Left/Right: -1.13
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.1

The image of the graph didn't copy over with the text......then i closed out of the window before i could get it.
    Not shocked. Congrats, you're not actually a Republican, but a Social Libertarian.

Personally, I was curious about the Economic viewpoints of individual people in this thread. For the most part, everyone agrees to a little spending, but with small government. Which is amazing actually. If we REMOVE the words DEMOCRAT and REPUBLICAN, most of us AGREE with each other. That, is AMAZING.

But some, WANT to be a part of a team, and be identified with a group. I hate group think, with an unfathomable passion.

It's fascinating to me that there really isn't many in the "extreme" right too. I haven't met anyone with "conservative" ideals who believes in "no government". I met many of the opposite though, with extreme "social justice" ideals, with "no government". Which is why I laugh when people say "alt right", because... they don't exist, and if they do, they are a miniscule movement. Hence, look at the 2016 political compass.

It's interesting, don't you think?