Thread: Isaias

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Isaias

Who named this friggin storm. all kidding aside here in southern new england I am the only member of my family who still has power and a internet connection. my neighbors in NYC and long island can weigh in but having gone thru Irene and Sandy this one was mild.(during Irene my house at the time was 8 feet underwater)glad I dont own that house anymore.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Isaias

Re: Isaias

Answer: The World Meteorological Organization (WMO).

Isaias, pronounced ees-ah-EE-ahs, is the Spanish-Latin derivative of the Hebrew name Isaiah.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Answer: The World Meteorological Organization (WMO).

Isaias, pronounced ees-ah-EE-ahs, is the Spanish-Latin derivative of the Hebrew name Isaiah.
    Thanks Slim ... I kinda knew the answer to my question but have to admit my ignorance. about an hour after I posted this I lost power cable and internet for 3 days. a tribute to poor infrastructure. small storm big damage

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    Who named this friggin storm. all kidding aside here in southern new england I am the only member of my family who still has power and a internet connection. my neighbors in NYC and long island can weigh in but having gone thru Irene and Sandy this one was mild.(during Irene my house at the time was 8 feet underwater)glad I dont own that house anymore.

I have been thru SANDY,IRENE and this last one...
    I live maybe 2 miles from the water but luckily on higher part of town,which one finds out
    under the worse of situations..
    I walked my 2 dogs when this last one hit and it scared me to the point I watched the tall red oaks tremble and was ready to
    run if the were uprooted or branches broken off..
    IT left a lot of damage and people still have no power.
    To add more pain it caused a ton of fires out east...
    We were lucky it moved at light speed because if it stayed for hours we would really be in for it....
    I also feel with no real winter trees and plants took off this year just growing every where and
    both the utilities and most homeowners do not trim their trees near power lines...