Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Direct CHALLENGE to all those who just want to "diatribe"......

Cool Direct CHALLENGE to all those who just want to "diatribe"......

One thing we wouldn't tolerate, is people coming to a technical forum and spreading false information about how to repair a machine, or what the specifications, standards, operating procedures, etc are on the products you're an expert on... I ask that you keep those SAME type of closely disciplined parameters in mind when you come to this Rant, Raves etc forum group.... I don't mind reading about things which the person clearly knows the subject matter on, but when you spew media garbage, or show your emotional noise, you just look trashy to everyone else....

If you have an opinion, call it what it is... Say "this is my opinion".. We're all highly professional techs and we know that even in our own world of office technology there can be a dozen ways to get to the same result on a machine. But when people come here and start spewing lines that clearly are echoed from news media and yet they have no depth in their further rant, it's just trash! Why waste our time with nonsense!

It's okay to be "passionate" about a subject matter, but at least let the rest of us know you have some "depth" of facts and its not all just "triggered" emotional garbage that you've allowed some elite, media or hollywood nutjob to fill your head with... To quote ESPN's NFL announcers - "C'MON MAN"!!!

You either love President Trump or you don't! Fine, give your side and then give some plausible explanation along with some actual FACTS that aren't just talking points! Prove you KNOW what you're talking about because you INVESTED TIME into researching it and making sure those points are accurate! And NO, taking an excerpt from CNN or FOX News is NOT reference material! It's NOISE of BIAS... Look Up Your Facts!! That's EXACTLY what we would demand of each other when we're quoting repair/trouble-shooting procedures to each other! So why would we allow false information in the most important areas of our lives?

Let's Get Real......

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Direct CHALLENGE to all those who just want to "diatribe"......

Quote Originally Posted by chrisban35 View Post
    One thing we wouldn't tolerate, is people coming to a technical forum and spreading false information about how to repair a machine, or what the specifications, standards, operating procedures, etc are on the products you're an expert on... I ask that you keep those SAME type of closely disciplined parameters in mind when you come to this Rant, Raves etc forum group.... I don't mind reading about things which the person clearly knows the subject matter on, but when you spew media garbage, or show your emotional noise, you just look trashy to everyone else....

If you have an opinion, call it what it is... Say "this is my opinion".. We're all highly professional techs and we know that even in our own world of office technology there can be a dozen ways to get to the same result on a machine. But when people come here and start spewing lines that clearly are echoed from news media and yet they have no depth in their further rant, it's just trash! Why waste our time with nonsense!

It's okay to be "passionate" about a subject matter, but at least let the rest of us know you have some "depth" of facts and its not all just "triggered" emotional garbage that you've allowed some elite, media or hollywood nutjob to fill your head with... To quote ESPN's NFL announcers - "C'MON MAN"!!!

You either love President Trump or you don't! Fine, give your side and then give some plausible explanation along with some actual FACTS that aren't just talking points! Prove you KNOW what you're talking about because you INVESTED TIME into researching it and making sure those points are accurate! And NO, taking an excerpt from CNN or FOX News is NOT reference material! It's NOISE of BIAS... Look Up Your Facts!! That's EXACTLY what we would demand of each other when we're quoting repair/trouble-shooting procedures to each other! So why would we allow false information in the most important areas of our lives?

Let's Get Real......
    Good thoughts but you are wasting your time. Not going to get that here without Mods or Admin realizing this forum is going downhill. There are a few assholes that hate Trump and ruin this forum with their Dem politics. The only way to get rid of it is to ban all politics. Or have a separate forum that they can go to and spew their political rhetoric. These few dickheads chased away so many good techs.

In the meantime do what I did and blocked them and don't read anything they post. It's worked out great for me. Been over a year and makes coming to this forum a lot easier. I stop by this forum on a daily basis to see if I can help anyone or even learn something new. I don't come to a "copier tech" forum to fight about politics!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisban35 View Post

Let's Get Real......
    You obviously do not the purpose of RANTS, RAVES, and EVERYTHING ELSE. This forum was added expressly for the purpose of allowing members to vent. The concept is that Everything and Anything goes. by the way, what news sources do you not consider NOISE of BIAS?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

For all those who don't want to read all political threads just skip this forum and go only to direct technical forums. I tend to read almost everything including rant and raves but it's not really necessary. Just mark forum as read. It would be better if we can mask some threads but there are no such options right now.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

1) if you don't like what's on TV turn the channel.. same with ANYTHING here.
    2) Rants n Raves specifically states " anything goes " but a few take that to extremes.. I don't think we need to mention names.
    3) doesn't that go under the 1st Amendment?

I (and other conservatives ) have basically have gotten used to the the 'babble' from certain others.. we can point out the flaws in their thinking but as the old adage goes:

" You can lead a jackass to water.. but you can't make him drink.

Thick skin is a definite MUST when dealing with liberals.