Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Have you read a good book lately ?

Re: Have you read a good book lately ?

I haven't read a book for a very long time but way back there are a couple I can recommend about the British SAS in the Gulf War.
    Bravo Two Zero and The One that Got Away, The first one is about the operation itself his capture and the rest. The second one describes the combat and his very long walk to Syria.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    I haven't read a book for a very long time but way back there are a couple I can recommend about the British SAS in the Gulf War.
    Bravo Two Zero and The One that Got Away, The first one is about the operation itself his capture and the rest. The second one describes the combat and his very long walk to Syria.
    i read Bravo Two Zero... awesome book..

Will try to find The One that got away... sounds very interesting.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

the one that got away - Chris Ryan.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    Every now and then I grab one of the books I have to reread and always enjoy doing that. Last one was a nice series of sci-fi books , by Issac Asimov, the Foundation Series
    I have the Foundation Series books for long time ago, big fan. Also all from Terry Pratchett is worth to read a lot of fine humor here. From modern thriller authors I read everything from Michael Connelly books.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    My stepfather a Korean war veteran with macular degeneration just had catarac surgery at the VA last week. glad to say according to him his vision has improved massively. he is a major fisherman and had lost the vision to tie the knots in the fishing lines and had sold his boat because he lost his gift of site till last week. true account of life. good things happening if you look.

Don't like doctors or surgeons for that matter, but this is one procedure that really change peoples lives.
    My uncle was in tears after trying to do a weld job, as a boiler maker welding was his trait.
    After many years of that he lost a lot of his sight. That catarac removal worked a wonder.

Need to get back into reading. Short stories is all have patience for.
    Really like the motivational and light reading of Og Mandino.
    Whatever

Post Re: Have you read a good book lately ?

Check out books by C.J. Box, he has a series of stories about a Wyoming game warden/Joe Pickett who gets into all sorts of wild and sometimes life threatening confrontations.