Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Have you read a good book lately ?

Re: Have you read a good book lately ?

the one that got away - Chris Ryan.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    Every now and then I grab one of the books I have to reread and always enjoy doing that. Last one was a nice series of sci-fi books , by Issac Asimov, the Foundation Series
    I have the Foundation Series books for long time ago, big fan. Also all from Terry Pratchett is worth to read a lot of fine humor here. From modern thriller authors I read everything from Michael Connelly books.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    My stepfather a Korean war veteran with macular degeneration just had catarac surgery at the VA last week. glad to say according to him his vision has improved massively. he is a major fisherman and had lost the vision to tie the knots in the fishing lines and had sold his boat because he lost his gift of site till last week. true account of life. good things happening if you look.

Don't like doctors or surgeons for that matter, but this is one procedure that really change peoples lives.
    My uncle was in tears after trying to do a weld job, as a boiler maker welding was his trait.
    After many years of that he lost a lot of his sight. That catarac removal worked a wonder.

Need to get back into reading. Short stories is all have patience for.
    Really like the motivational and light reading of Og Mandino.
    Whatever

Post Re: Have you read a good book lately ?

Check out books by C.J. Box, he has a series of stories about a Wyoming game warden/Joe Pickett who gets into all sorts of wild and sometimes life threatening confrontations.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Check out books by C.J. Box, he has a series of stories about a Wyoming game warden/Joe Pickett who gets into all sorts of wild and sometimes life threatening confrontations.

Thanks for the CJ Box recommendation. didn't get one of the Joe Pickett series books but one called Back of Beyond about a alcoholic cop named Cody Hoyt made nuts by a threat to his son on a pack horse trip thru Yellowstone. Looking forward to reading more from him.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Try "NSA" from Andreas Eschbach, itīs scary....
    Greetings...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Saw a reboot of an earlier PBS series this weekend. And I just may have to find that series of books it is based on. It is the story of a country vet in Yorkshire England. The name of the series of books is "All Creatures Great and Small" Gonna go see if those books are buried in the boxes in the back bedroom closet. I know I have them somewhere. One of those book hoarders lives here, me. It didn't seem to be that great a book when It was given to me way back when as a secret santa gift. But one day nothing on tv and no other new books so I picked it up and got hooked after a two or three chapters.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    i read Bravo Two Zero... awesome book..

Will try to find The One that got away... sounds very interesting.
    Here is the author Chris Ryan
    Bravo Two Zero: SAS Veteran On Being Part Of The Failed Gulf War Mission - YouTube
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    thanks brother I found it at my local library ..... a GREAT READ... might even purchase a copy for the house... I had to turn it in... but my son got it back the next day...

22yr old and he is enthralled by it! ( he doesn't really like reading.. he's a "wait till it come out on video " type

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I just finished "The artists way"

It's good at motivating yourself to find your artist creative side and exploring it. I painted a few pictures I thought were decent and now am looking for a piano. Also looking into tinkering with some video editing to see what I can do.