Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

Democrats made the following remarks in 2016 following the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia:
    Joe Biden: “The American people deserve a fully-staffed court of nine.”
    Hillary Clinton: “The president nominates and then the Senate advises and consents, or not, but they go forward with the process.”
    Nancy Pelosi: “What we’re seeing here, and I hope this is temporary, is a disrespect for the Constitution. … The American people expect the president’s nominee to be given a fair hearing and a timely vote in the Senate.”
    Bernie Sanders: “The Constitution is 100% clear. The President of the United States has the right to nominate someone to be a justice of the Supreme Court. Senate’s function is to hold hearings and to vote.”
    Tim Kaine: “The blockade on filling a naturally occurring vacancy, in my view, is harmful to the independence of the Article Three branch. Even in the three months since Justice Scalia’s death, the court rulings have shown the challenges of an eight member court. … Instead of just saying the blanket rule is no matter who you are, no matter what your qualifications, because you were sent by this president, we will create a unique rule for you and refuse to entertain you.”
    Patrick Leahy: “You cannot keep a seat on the Supreme Court, which represents all of us, you cannot keep it vacant against the Constitution.”
    Elizabeth Warren: “…do pretty much everything they can to avoid acknowledging the legitimacy of our democratically-elected president … I say to you, do your job, vote for a Supreme Court nominee. … If you want to stop extremism in your party, you can start by showing the American people that you respect the President of the United States and the Constitution.”
    Chuck Schumer: “Every day that goes by without a ninth justice is another day the American people’s business is not getting done.”
    Omertà

Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Democrats made the following remarks in 2016 following the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia:
    Joe Biden: “The American people deserve a fully-staffed court of nine.”
    Hillary Clinton: “The president nominates and then the Senate advises and consents, or not, but they go forward with the process.”
    Nancy Pelosi: “What we’re seeing here, and I hope this is temporary, is a disrespect for the Constitution. … The American people expect the president’s nominee to be given a fair hearing and a timely vote in the Senate.”
    Bernie Sanders: “The Constitution is 100% clear. The President of the United States has the right to nominate someone to be a justice of the Supreme Court. Senate’s function is to hold hearings and to vote.”
    Tim Kaine: “The blockade on filling a naturally occurring vacancy, in my view, is harmful to the independence of the Article Three branch. Even in the three months since Justice Scalia’s death, the court rulings have shown the challenges of an eight member court. … Instead of just saying the blanket rule is no matter who you are, no matter what your qualifications, because you were sent by this president, we will create a unique rule for you and refuse to entertain you.”
    Patrick Leahy: “You cannot keep a seat on the Supreme Court, which represents all of us, you cannot keep it vacant against the Constitution.”
    Elizabeth Warren: “…do pretty much everything they can to avoid acknowledging the legitimacy of our democratically-elected president … I say to you, do your job, vote for a Supreme Court nominee. … If you want to stop extremism in your party, you can start by showing the American people that you respect the President of the United States and the Constitution.”
    Chuck Schumer: “Every day that goes by without a ninth justice is another day the American people’s business is not getting done.”
    That was 10 months before Not 45Days til an election
    Try again
    What was the Republican position?
    Yep Block any appointment.
    Let the people Vote.
    Last edited by bsm2; 09-21-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    That was 10 months before Not 45Days til an election
    Try again
    What was the Republican position?
    Yep Block any appointment.
    Let the people Vote.
    Yeah, we should probably turn over the decision to appoint a judge to the people who are threatening to pack the court, burn down congress and riot. Not.

Breaking: Trump says he he nominate someone on Friday or Saturday.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    well we all knew it was just a short amount of time till she passed. I didn't care for her, but I feel heartbroken for any family she had left .

My Mom passed in 2017 --Dad in 2005, I think of them and miss them daily.

R.I.P. R.B.G.
    Mine passed on the same year
    dad 2005 sept
    mom june 2017
    im with you, missed them always.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    Mine passed on the same year
    dad 2005 sept
    mom june 2017
    im with you, missed them always.
    they were my rock for many years, thru all my fuckups they never lost faith in me. Dad was my source of wisdom and truth coming up. He was the 'glue' that held our family together, and it started to slowly crumble after his death that's when Mom started her decline into her dementia stages, He was 88 when he past mom was 96.

People say I should take down their portrait if it brings me down.... I refuse to do it. I wake every morning ... touch the picture, it gives me strength on that days I need it most, and fills me with warmth on the good days.

Sorry for your loss brother. It's hard but we will get by it in time.

BREAKING: @Lindsey Graham: "We've got the votes to confirm Justice Ginsburg's replacement before the election. That's what's coming."

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    BREAKING: @Lindsey Graham: "We've got the votes to confirm Justice Ginsburg's replacement before the election. That's what's coming."

Good Luck with thatOnly need two more Republicans to Cave That's what's coming

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Good Luck with thatOnly need two more Republicans to Cave That's what's coming
    If Senator Graham tells you a rooster can pull a wagon....hitch 'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    If Senator Graham tells you a rooster can pull a wagon....hitch 'em up.
    How soon YOU forget the power of the people