Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 197
  1. #11
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    849
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Not her wish Butt head it's YOURs
    Not even 24 hours and the FU Republicans are already to vote on a replacement

    Let me put this in context for you.

    RGB could have stepped down under Obama and you'd have a liberal on the high court. She thought that Hillary couldn't lose. She gambled and lost that one.

    RGB is on record in how she thinks the country should move forward in an election year when it comes to filling her seat.

    What do I want?

    I want Trump to fill the seat tomorrow. No shame here.

    Carry on.

  2. #12
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,471
    Rep Power
    84

    Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Let me put this in context for you.

    RGB could have stepped down under Obama and you'd have a liberal on the high court. She thought that Hillary couldn't lose. She gambled and lost that one.

    RGB is on record in how she thinks the country should move forward in an election year when it comes to filling her seat.

    What do I want?

    I want Trump to fill the seat tomorrow. No shame here.

    Carry on.

    Like I already said Not her wish Butt head it's YOURs

    That's for repeating itagain

  3. #13
    Aging Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    3,192
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Let me put this in context for you.

    RGB could have stepped down under Obama and you'd have a liberal on the high court. She thought that Hillary couldn't lose. She gambled and lost that one.

    RGB is on record in how she thinks the country should move forward in an election year when it comes to filling her seat.

    What do I want?

    I want Trump to fill the seat tomorrow. No shame here.

    Carry on.
    I find it difficult to understand why anyone would want their Supreme Court to be biased in either left or right. Judges are supposed to be impartial, this should be doubled down for Supreme Court judges

  4. #14
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    849
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I find it difficult to understand why anyone would want their Supreme Court to be biased in either left or right. Judges are supposed to be impartial, this should be doubled down for Supreme Court judges
    You have a fundamental misunderstanding for how The Court works. Some judges believe that The Constitution is a "living and breathing" document that can be bent to fit the times we live in. That would be liberal judges.

    Others believe The Constitution should be interpreted as it was written. That would be Conservative Justices.

    It's NOT about bias. It's about the way The Constitution is interpreted.

  5. #15
    Aging Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    3,192
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    You have a fundamental misunderstanding for how The Court works. Some judges believe that The Constitution is a "living and breathing" document that can be bent to fit the times we live in. That would be liberal judges.

    Others believe The Constitution should be interpreted as it was written. That would be Conservative Justices.

    It's NOT about bias. It's about the way The Constitution is interpreted.
    Like I said, judges should be impartial.

  6. #16
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,471
    Rep Power
    84

    Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    The voters should pick a President, and that President should select a successor to Justice Ginsburg. This was the position that the Republican Senate took in 2016 when there were nearly nine months before the election.

  7. #17
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,483
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    President Trump gets to pick a 3rd Justice !!! Thank you Lord!

    Ha-ha This is killing the Dems.
    As ruthless as the Dems have proven to be these last 4 yrs no one believes they wouldn't rush to pick a Justice if it was reversed, of couse they would. Obama didn't do it because he knew the Rep senate would vote against any nominee. Plus he thought Clinton was going to win. This is perhaps the most important thing a president does during his term. And one of the main reasons presidents are elected! Now maybe Sleepy Joe Hiden will show the people who his picks are? Trump showed his. Let's see who his radical handlers pick because you know he isn't picking them, he don't even know where he is! It is elder abuse on full display. This is how sick these people are. To use a shell of a man to push your socialist agenda through. Sad very sad....
    Last edited by copyman; 09-19-2020 at 01:37 PM.

  8. #18
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    849
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Like I said, judges should be impartial.
    That's a distinction without a meaning.

    Look, I'm not gonna pick on you but I would encourage you to read up how liberal and conservative judges rule on the cases before them by the way that they interpret The Constitution.

    For instance: The 2nd amendment guarantees the right to bear arms. Conservative judges interpret the 2nd amendment to mean that citizens have a right to bear arms at all times to protect themselves.

    Liberal judges believe it's within their scope to weaken the 2nd amendment to a point to where you can only have guns in the home.

    That's not bias. It's how they read The Constitution.

  9. #19
    Aging Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    3,192
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    That's a distinction without a meaning.

    Look, I'm not gonna pick on you but I would encourage you to read up how liberal and conservative judges rule on the cases before them by the way that they interpret The Constitution.

    For instance: The 2nd amendment guarantees the right to bear arms. Conservative judges interpret the 2nd amendment to mean that citizens have a right to bear arms at all times to protect themselves.

    Liberal judges believe it's within their scope to weaken the 2nd amendment to a point to where you can only have guns in the home.

    That's not bias. It's how they read The Constitution.
    If there are no biases left or right why are you so excited that donny boy gets to pick a new judge?

  10. #20
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    849
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    If there are no biases left or right why are you so excited that donny boy gets to pick a new judge?
    Simple. Because I believe THE CONTITUTION should be interpreted as it was written. I don't believe judges should be passing laws on the belief that it's a "LIVING AND BREATHING" document that can be rewritten because there's a surge in gun deaths or that freedom of speech can be curbed because someone finds it offensive.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here