Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    What is this Biden rule that you speak of? Biden himself said that Judge Garland should receive a vote in the Senate and that was in an election year. So, we're following the Biden rule.
    The Biden rule was created by the Republicans to justify not allowing President Obama to appoint his choice Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The Biden rule was created by the Republicans to justify not allowing President Obama to appoint his choice Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court.

Allow me to correct you if I may. The Biden rule wasn't "created" by republicans. They cited the rule that Biden set in 1992 as justification. Obviously, Biden didn't follow his own rule.

Let me sum all of this up in truthful manner:

-RBG’s (understandable) final wish will have no effect. B/c, politics.-McConnell etc will be hypocritical to hold a vote in an election year. But, politics.-Dems have no leg to stand on in objecting, since they gleefully supported H. Reid changing Sen rules on judges.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Let me put this in context for you.

RGB could have stepped down under Obama and you'd have a liberal on the high court. She thought that Hillary couldn't lose. She gambled and lost that one.

RGB is on record in how she thinks the country should move forward in an election year when it comes to filling her seat.

What do I want?

I want Trump to fill the seat tomorrow. No shame here.

Carry on.
    Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s granddaughter revealed the 87-year-old Supreme Court justice’s dying wish, which Ginsburg gave to her just days before passing.

NPR reported that Ginsburg “dictated” the following statement to her granddaughter Clara Spera: “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s granddaughter revealed the 87-year-old Supreme Court justice’s dying wish, which Ginsburg gave to her just days before passing.

NPR reported that Ginsburg “dictated” the following statement to her granddaughter Clara Spera: “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.”
    But she didn't feel that way when Obama nominated Garland for the SCOTUS. That's what I was referring to.

President Trump has already declared that Republicans have an immediate obligation to fill RBG's Supreme Court seat indifferent to her dying wish that no decision be made prior to the Nov election.

The game is set.

A big pre-election Supreme Court nomination battle that the Republicans might win, followed by a huge Republican election loss and probable rout in Nov followed by an expansion of the Supreme Court by President Biden to 15 members in 2021. Plus a possible rejection by the Supreme Court to move forward on any Republican nomination so close before an election.

There could also be several defections by approx three Republican Senators (Romney. Murkowski, Collins) who are motivated now more by country than party before they leave office.

A big pre-election Supreme Court nomination battle is very convenient cover for President Trump to use as a distraction from his many failings as a President during COVID-19 and throughout the last three years and 10 months.

Violence has become the norm for liberals

Blue Checks Vow Violence If McConnell Tries to Replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg: ‘Burn the Entire F**king Thing Down’

Read the threats right here: Blue Checks Vow Violence If Mitch McConnell Tries to Replace Ginsburg

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    If President Trump and the Republican Senate fill RGB's seat before the election with a judge of their choice and then loose the election in November, President Biden will simply add more judges to the Supreme Court to restore the proper balance of liberal vs conservative values in the country.
    That show your total lack of understanding of how the US government works. Yes the number of SCOTUS Justices can be changed but not by the President. Only Congress has that power.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    That show your total lack of understanding of how the US government works. Yes the number of SCOTUS Justices can be changed but not by the President. Only Congress has that power.
    Thank you. I no longer have the energy to explain this stuff. I don't understand how people don't know this.