Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    No don't stop! Perhaps you made your point in this thread but I like your political views and want to hear more of them. Most of your political views are same as mine but you have a better way of expressing them

I appreciate the kind words, but there's no need for me to respond to everything that I disagree with. That's on me. I'll still give my opinion when I feel the need. Thanks.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

I keep them on my ignore list. Since I use a Windows laptop, when I see you or someone else reply to one of them I and I want to add my $0.02 worth I just have to click "View Post" and I can then "Reply With Quote" I am also able to click on "View Post" in technical threads because bsm2 and SSG both occasionally have some good technical suggestions. There are also some on my Ignore List whose posts I never view. They very seldom make any sense.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I keep them on my ignore list. Since I use a Windows laptop, when I see you or someone else reply to one of them I and I want to add my $0.02 worth I just have to click "View Post" and I can then "Reply With Quote" I am also able to click on "View Post" in technical threads because bsm2 and SSG both occasionally have some good technical suggestions. There are also some on my Ignore List whose posts I never view. They very seldom make any sense.
    Ignore list = closed mind

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I always wonder why Canadians are so keenly interested in American politics but Americans don't care about yours. Is it because we're #1 and your country is dependent on our military should there be a major war? Let's face it, nobody is depending on Canada for much of anything. No offense.
    It's only because when your idiot president decides on some ridiculous whim to start a trade war with us it affects us. No offense.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Slim,

There's a lot of knowledgeable people on here when it comes to politics. Unfortunately all of them seem to be conservative. The more liberal posters don't understand the constitution or how the 3 branches of government operate. I'm not picking on anyone. I had to learn this stuff. Some of it after I was out of school. There's no shame in not knowing and hopefully they learn something here even if I have disagreements with them. That's why debate is so important. But i think some have a closed mind and aren't willing to learn or they don't care.

I may end up putting some on ignore. I prefer not to do that if it can be avoided.

I'm about to blow your mind. It will shock your liberal senses.

Here in the USA, being a man doesn't preclude me from having a say in abortion.

Guess what else?

Being white doesn't preclude me from having a say in matters of race.

I bow to no man or woman on anything. Period.
    Your response confirms why Roe vs Wade was so important in the USA. It gave women the ultimate control over their reproductive rights regardless of male influence, political or religious interference. In the short term, this and many other key topics like Obamacare are at stake if a new Justice is appointed before Jan 20 2021.

This is why so many US citizens were willing to stand in long lines today to make sure their early votes were counted.

On any topic, like abortion, you are free to voice your opinion as long as it does not impair the rights of others. The life choices you make are personal to yourself why should it not be the same for others?

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    It's only because when your idiot president decides on some ridiculous whim to start a trade war with us it affects us. No offense.
    ... and then Trump wimped out and caved on the aluminum tariffs when he was told there was a shortage of beer cans in the USA and prices would rise just before the election because of the Canadian equal counter tariffs.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Your response confirms why Roe vs Wade was so important in the USA. It gave women the ultimate control over their reproductive rights regardless of male influence, political or religious interference. In the short term, this and many other key topics like Obamacare are at stake if a new Justice is appointed before Jan 20 2021.

This is why so many US citizens were willing to stand in long lines today to make sure their early votes were counted.

On any topic, like abortion, you are free to voice your opinion as long as it does not impair the rights of others. The life choices you make are personal to yourself why should it not be the same for others?

I always get sucked back in.

Before we go ANY FURTHER we need to address your fundamental misunderstanding of what a "RIGHT" is and isn't.

Abortion is not a constitutional right according to the strict text of the Constitution, but it has been justified as a constitutional right under the Fourth Amendment’s protection of privacy. In short, the constitutional right to abortion is found not in the Constitution itself, but in a loose reading of it.

I always get sucked back in.

Before we go ANY FURTHER we need to address your fundamental misunderstanding of what a "RIGHT" is and isn't.

Abortion is not a constitutional right according to the strict text of the Constitution, but it has been justified as a constitutional right under the Fourth Amendment’s protection of privacy. In short, the constitutional right to abortion is found not in the Constitution itself, but in a loose reading of it.

.... try convincing a woman that since Roe vs Wade, abortion is not her right.

The US gun lobby has infinitely expanded their rights through a loose reading of the imperfect document known as US constitution written in 1787.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    .... try convincing a woman that since Roe vs Wade, abortion is not her right.

The US gun lobby has infinitely expanded their rights through a loose reading of the imperfect document known as US constitution written in 1787.

Let me make short work of destroying your argument that men should have no say in what a woman does with her body. Don't run. Don't hide. Don't deflect. Answer the question since you're so confident with your position that the woman has full say in what she does with her body.

A big issue in the USA is late term abortion. Many democrats support late term abortion. But some democrats oppose it. I think every republican oppose it.

3rd trimester = 7,8 and 9 months.

Late term abortion is generally defined as the 3rd trimester.

My question to you is this and it's very simple

Both dems (some) and republican oppose late term abortion. Are we infringing on what a woman does with her body? A simple yes or no will suffice.

2nd question:

What is your stance on late term abortion? What's is the limit in your mind? 7,8, 9 months? What? Answer the question.