Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Let me make short work of destroying your argument that men should have no say in what a woman does with her body. Don't run. Don't hide. Don't deflect. Answer the question since you're so confident with your position that the woman has full say in what she does with her body.

A big issue in the USA is late term abortion. Many democrats support late term abortion. But some democrats oppose it. I think every republican oppose it.

3rd trimester = 7,8 and 9 months.

Late term abortion is generally defined as the 3rd trimester.

My question to you is this and it's very simple

Both dems (some) and republican oppose late term abortion. Are we infringing on what a woman does with her body? A simple yes or no will suffice.

2nd question:

What is your stance on late term abortion? What's is the limit in your mind? 7,8, 9 months? What? Answer the question.
    I just thought you might want to read this.

The phrase "late-term abortion" is medically inaccurate and has no clinical meaning. In science and medicine, it's essential to use language precisely. In pregnancy, to be "late term" means to be past 41 weeks gestation, or past a patient's due date. Abortions do not occur in this time period, so the phrase is contradictory.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Breaking: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I just thought you might want to read this.

The phrase "late-term abortion" is medically inaccurate and has no clinical meaning. In science and medicine, it's essential to use language precisely. In pregnancy, to be "late term" means to be past 41 weeks gestation, or past a patient's due date. Abortions do not occur in this time period, so the phrase is contradictory.

Whatever. It's not important to the point I'm attempting to make. You and I both agree that there IS a limit in terms of months when we can restrict an abortion.

In short, we have established that men can tell a woman what she can and can't do with her body. Unless you believe there should be no limit.

Stop dodging my question. What is the limit in your mind???

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Whatever. It's not important to the point I'm attempting to make. You and I both agree that there IS a limit in terms of months when we can restrict an abortion.

In short, we have established that men can tell a woman what she can and can't do with her body. Unless you believe there should be no limit.

Stop dodging my question. What is the limit in your mind???
    There you go with that all or nothing view of yours.
    I don't "tell" women anything they can or can't do with their own body. A person could suggest.
    Abortions later in pregnancy are very rare, and done if the mother's life is in danger or the fetus has a very limited chance of survival.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I always get sucked back in.

Before we go ANY FURTHER we need to address your fundamental misunderstanding of what a "RIGHT" is and isn't.

Abortion is not a constitutional right according to the strict text of the Constitution, but it has been justified as a constitutional right under the Fourth Amendment’s protection of privacy. In short, the constitutional right to abortion is found not in the Constitution itself, but in a loose reading of it.
    The actual rule had to do with being a private matter between a woman and her personal doctor. In my opinion a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic by their very existence violates that every day that are open. It becomes very to any person in the area that any woman who enters the clinic obviously pregnant and leaves no longer pregnant has had an abortion.

There you go with that all or nothing view of yours.
    I don't "tell" women anything they can or can't do with their own body. A person could suggest.
    Abortions later in pregnancy are very rare, and done if the mother's life is in danger or the fetus has a very limited chance of survival.
    You refuse to answer the question as to what the limit should be on abortion. You're scared to answer because it puts you in a pickle. If you admit that there should be a law that restricts an abortion after so many months, you're effectively TELLING a woman what she can do with her body. It's NOT a suggestion. EVERY state in the union imposes such restrictions.

If you say that there should be no limit, you'll sound like a fool.

I win. You lose.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

You refuse to answer the question as to what the limit should be on abortion. You're scared to answer because it puts you in a pickle. If you admit that there should be a law that restricts an abortion after so many months, you're effectively TELLING a woman what she can do with her body. It's NOT a suggestion. EVERY state in the union imposes such restrictions.

If you say that there should be no limit, you'll sound like a fool.

I win. You lose.
    If you say so. Lol
    I told you already, if I want to answer something, I will. If not, I won't. It doesn't mean you know what my answer is. You can go ahead and assume whatever you want. Your little jabs don't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The actual rule had to do with being a private matter between a woman and her personal doctor. In my opinion a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic by their very existence violates that every day that are open. It becomes very to any person in the area that any woman who enters the clinic obviously pregnant and leaves no longer pregnant has had an abortion.
    That's an angle I really haven't thought about. I disagree with the whole justification that was used under the Right to Privacy. What else can be justified using that rationale? Can we have legal suicide using that same understanding? Maybe I'm depressed and want to end it.

If you say so. Lol
    I told you already, if I want to answer something, I will. If not, I won't. It doesn't mean you know what my answer is. You can go ahead and assume whatever you want. Your little jabs don't bother me.
    Not answering a question disqualifies you and it makes you look weak and confused. You're getting good at not answering. I'll give you that.

By the way, do you read slim's post? They're intelligent and well thought out. They bring something to the table.

You, on the other hand, go on rants talking about men can't tell a woman what to do. It a zero burger that is designed to shut down debate. Epic fail.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Not answering a question disqualifies you and it makes you look weak and confused. You're getting good at not answering. I'll give you that.
    Where you see only black and white I see a lot of grey. Everyone has their own problems and reasons for doing things and it certainly isn't for me to tell them what they can or can't do.
    If you feel you are qualified to tell others how to live their lives, so be it.

Where you see only black and white I see a lot of grey. Everyone has their own problems and reasons for doing things and it certainly isn't for me to tell them what they can or can't do.
    If you feel you are qualified to tell others how to live their lives, so be it.
    You just don't bring much to the table, bro. You go on rants. You bring nothing substantive to the debate. You post democrat talking points about men not having the right to tell a woman what she can do with her body. It's designed to shut down honest debate because all men are disqualified. It's similar to the other BS from the democrats that white folk must shut up and listen to Black Lives Matter.