Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xerox

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox

Re: Xerox

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I started working on the turds in 1993.. tech support was a BITCH you could follow the manual..get all the readings they say to in the manual .. call in... you had to start at RAP #1..get the readings.. print the pages..fax them off... wait an hour for them to call you back and start on the next RAP.. tech calls could take 4 hours. and they were AMERICANS not some foreign cat.

Like others have mentioned .. order parts from XEROX.. the come in and clearly were used. RMA's were a ROYAL PIA to get.

the only GOOD thing I could say is the warranty parts replacements came in fast... not so much for regular orders.

Now you're lucky if you get someone that speaks reasonable english.
    I wasn't feeling too good about the buyout before I started this thread, now I feel even worse. Coming from a KonMin background to these machines feels like stepping back in time to the early 2000s. Thanks for all the input

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I wasn't feeling too good about the buyout before I started this thread, now I feel even worse. Coming from a KonMin background to these machines feels like stepping back in time to the early 2000s. Thanks for all the input
    Glad to give my opine on this subject.. clearly you can see from my comments, I am NOT a Xerox fan.

Even since I went INDY I have turned down Xerox jobs.. even from my personal friends.

Good Luck with your situation brother.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Glad to give my opine on this subject.. clearly you can see from my comments, I am NOT a Xerox fan.

Even since I went INDY I have turned down Xerox jobs.. even from my personal friends.

Good Luck with your situation brother.

Thanks man.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Thanks man.
    Yeah I guess good luck is all there is to say, I knew Xerox had a bad rep around here but this thread paints a pretty bleak picture... Hope it works out for you.

After I was let go back in 2003, I got a job within a month with a local dealer. I was adjusting to it, and a year later I got a call from one of my former managers at Xerox. She offered me to come back, buuuuuuuuut they weren't going to hire me directly. They wanted me to come back as a contracted employee for an employment agency. Not sure of the pay, but another former employee took the job, and got a LOT less pay. No insurance coverage. No benefits, no time off, and I believe they actually fired him when he had the flu and couldn't come in. I am glad I didn't jump ship and go running back to the X. Sad to see an American titan going this route.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Xerox

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Phil took the words out of my mouth- check my most hated brands- XEROX! And, much hasn't changed to this day. I know sales people for Xerox love to push these turds and I don't know how someone could be a dealer for them. I have been twisting screw drivers on copiers since '94, the only other brand that came close was Okidata.
    Okidata has exited the America's market for all print devices.

OKI to Leave Americas Market Amid Declining Business & COVID-19 Pandemic - Keypoint Intelligence

Last week, OKI Data Americas announced it would be pulling out of the North, Central, and South American markets, discontinuing the sale of its printer hardware effective March 31. This move was not a big surprise given the company’s declining performance in the Americas, consolidation occurring within the office printer market, and the COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on office print demand.

Toshiba relabelled Okidata's for several years. The copiers were Ok but you never got the expected yields out of the consumables. The slit glass in the RADF was made of plastic and if it got scratched they were difficult to replace.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Xerox

I sold 2x 65 cpm Black copiers to a law firm last week knocking out the incumbent Xerox. They have had Xerox's forever.

The Decision maker was OK with Xerox but they did not really know who their new sales person was since the long time Xerox sales person retired.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Okidata has exited the America's market for all print devices.

OKI to Leave Americas Market Amid Declining Business & COVID-19 Pandemic - Keypoint Intelligence

Last week, OKI Data Americas announced it would be pulling out of the North, Central, and South American markets, discontinuing the sale of its printer hardware effective March 31. This move was not a big surprise given the company’s declining performance in the Americas, consolidation occurring within the office printer market, and the COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on office print demand.

Toshiba relabelled Okidata's for several years. The copiers were Ok but you never got the expected yields out of the consumables. The slit glass in the RADF was made of plastic and if it got scratched they were difficult to replace.
    Good riddance, OKI !!! Take your garbage elsewhere !! Similarly, I remember when Xerox relabeled Sharp copiers. Everything was the same but, Xerox made their modifications, so you could not use Sharp items which were much cheaper. Once we removed the modifications the Sharp toners and drums would work at a much cheaper price. These were the SF-2114 copier series, the analog days before rfid chips.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Good riddance, OKI !!! Take your garbage elsewhere !! Similarly, I remember when Xerox relabeled Sharp copiers. Everything was the same but, Xerox made their modifications, so you could not use Sharp items which were much cheaper. Once we removed the modifications the Sharp toners and drums would work at a much cheaper price. These were the SF-2114 copier series, the analog days before rfid chips.
    I agree good riddance to Oki. I remember some of the 90s fax machines total garbage