certified scrub 500+ Posts
    how to dry paper fast

how to dry paper fast

I have looked up the "humidity" thread and found the idea of a metal incubator very neat....

Trouble is this is a portable site by a grain terminal very close to the water so that may not be a idea that would last, since they move every few months... staff change from time to time...

I have looked into "moisture grabber" and dessicant type of solution, but that wont work right away...

any "nuke" method where I can keep the macho guys happy before the slow dehumidifier method kicks in?
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    how to dry paper fast

Re: how to dry paper fast

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    I have looked up the "humidity" thread and found the idea of a metal incubator very neat....

Trouble is this is a portable site by a grain terminal very close to the water so that may not be a idea that would last, since they move every few months... staff change from time to time...

I have looked into "moisture grabber" and dessicant type of solution, but that wont work right away...

any "nuke" method where I can keep the macho guys happy before the slow dehumidifier method kicks in?
    do they have a toaster oven? set as low as possible.. some have defrost setting also.

ULine sells all sorts of desiccant pack sizes.

do they leave their boxes out in the open with lid up? suggest a conditioned office to store bulk paper, taking only what they need for the day.

store any open reams in large zip lock baggies ( ULine.com )

ULINE - Shipping Boxes, Shipping Supplies, Packaging Materials, Packing Supplies

Edit. If needed fast, have them take a few reams home at a time , bake the in ream wrapper about 150 for an hour or so. Package as suggested above.
    Last edited by Phil B.; 11-24-2020 at 06:14 AM.

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    how to dry paper fast

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    do they have a toaster oven? set as low as possible.. some have defrost setting also.

ULine sells all sorts of desiccant pack sizes.

do they leave their boxes out in the open with lid up? suggest a conditioned office to store bulk paper, taking only what they need for the day.

store any open reams in large zip lock baggies ( ULine.com )

ULINE - Shipping Boxes, Shipping Supplies, Packaging Materials, Packing Supplies

Edit. If needed fast, have them take a few reams home at a time , bake the in ream wrapper about 150 for an hour or so. Package as suggested above.
    the kicker is...

they run 11x17... I guess.. have them get a electric oil radiator and put a grill rack on top? *************DONT DO THIS AT HOME!***************

they may have convection heater on site, I'll check tomorrow. thx.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    how to dry paper fast

the kicker is...

they run 11x17... I guess.. have them get a electric oil radiator and put a grill rack on top? *************DONT DO THIS AT HOME!***************

Yes the heater would work.
    This is old school .
    If they have the tube style monitor.. have them keep a ream on the top of PC monitor.. obviously flat screens won't fit the need.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    how to dry paper fast

the kicker is...

Many storage bag company make bag that would be able to handle that. Ziploc Space Bags as an example. Ziploc(R) | Space Bag(R) Medium Flat | Ziploc(R) brand | SC Johnson

The wrappers of most good quality paper provide ample moisture protection until opened. Store opened paper in sealed containers.

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

I always wanted to create a cabinet with a light bulb inside to store paper. I recommend a dehumidifier to damp locations.
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications