Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Anyone into Cryto currency?

Re: Anyone into Cryto currency?

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... the US Federal Reserve is floating the idea of a FedCoin backed by the US gov't.

At some distant point in time, the US$, which is the current long standing reserve currency of the world, could be replaced by a cryptocurrency.

Gold is the other global currency reserve standard upon which paper currencies like the US$ is based.

The problem with negative interest rates, is that it can be very appealing to current gov'ts but it is very hard to reverse course once negative interest rates become commonly accepted.

There is such a thing as "zombie corporations" . These are business enterprises that never make a profit yet employ many high paying jobs. They can only stay in business by constantly borrowing new money via bonds or equities at very low interest rates.

There are many people now living in very expensive homes that they cannot afford except for very low interest rates.

zombie companies...???

interesting... checkout the video below

Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n25an View Post
    zombie companies...???

interesting... checkout the video below

... if true, amazing to hear from this video that both Tesla and Netflix are Zombie corporations. They both loose money every year and only pay the interest on the money that they owe. Neither corporation attempts to pay down their debt.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I’m not a crypto currency guy. It’s bad enough I purchase downloads of movies and music I can’t physically touch, sell or trade and technically don’t own. I need to touch my money if I so desire.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Yes, bitcoin, crypto currencies, etc. are not hack proof either, just google how to hack crypto currency. The problem with most crypto and the reason for its appeal is its block chain technology but if you think it's 100% secure...think again. Here is just one article.

US: We've just seized $1bn in bitcoin stolen from Silk Road by 'Individual X' hacker | ZDNet
    I think the technology is fairly secure, most of these seizures are due to human error, the creator of silk road, Ross Ulbricht was identified by an email address that he used to register on marketplace forums and post messages trying to get attention to his new website.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

In the event of a total cyber shutdown, you will have no access to your cryto or cash for that matter. Here is an interesting video by the Ice Age Farmer concerning such an attack.

"Next Crisis Bigger than COVID" - Power Grid/Finance Down - WEF Cyber Polygon - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    In the event of a total cyber shutdown, you will have no access to your cryto or cash for that matter. Here is an interesting video by the Ice Age Farmer concerning such an attack.

"Next Crisis Bigger than COVID" - Power Grid/Finance Down - WEF Cyber Polygon - YouTube

Very true. One of the steps heading into this new world we are following into like sheep could be to control our ability to connect to the internet without a hardware devise to authentic you.

Anyone got a hardware wallet?
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Very true. One of the steps heading into this new world we are following into like sheep could be to control our ability to connect to the internet without a hardware devise to authentic you.

Anyone got a hardware wallet?
    One should not consider buying even $100 worth of Bitcoin if you cannot explain to someone what a blockchain is.

One should not consider buying even $100 worth of Bitcoin if you cannot explain to someone what a blockchain is.
    talking about possibilities...

not being argumentative but I think thats unrealistic... my opinion... is this... don't buy bitcoin or cryptocurrency unless you can find a legitimate use case for it...

trying to understand cryptocurrency is like trying to understand money... it took me a good chunk of my lifetime to understand money but during that time I still made use of it in its most basic sense... I bought with it and I spent it...

back to the possibilities..

if you aren't sure then go and find examples in the world of how others use crypto and money and from that derive your own uses... there are primary thinkers and there are secondary thinkers...

I am not a primary thinker when it comes to things... not proud of the fact but it is what it is... sometimes one has to be humble enough to admit they don't know it all... and expand the consciousness by seeking the knowledge others have gained by their experience...
    Last edited by n25an; 11-29-2020 at 05:07 AM.
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Quote Originally Posted by n25an View Post
    talking about possibilities...

not being argumentative but I think thats unrealistic... my opinion... is this... don't buy bitcoin or cryptocurrency unless you can find a legitimate use for it...

trying to understand cryptocurrency is trying to understand money... it took me a good chunk of my lifetime to understand money but during that time I still made use of it in its most basic sense... I bought and I spent it...

back to the possibilites..

if you aren't sure then go and find examples in the world of how others use crypto and money and from that derive your own uses... there are primary thinkers and there are secondary thinkers...

I am not a primary thinker when it comes to things... not proud of the fact but if it is it is... sometimes one has to be humble enough to admit they don't know it all... and expand the consciousness...
    ... if you do not understand what you are buying, you should not buy it.

,,, another new concept to think about is the "velocity of money". A measurement of the rate at which money is exchanged within an economy.

One of the primary reasons that gov'ts around the world give seemingly free stimulus money to its citizens is to get printed money out of the treasury and circulating within the economy. If people are buying goods & services, the economy functions properly.

If money sits in savings accounts it is not circulating ... this gives rise to the concept of negative interest rates. If you let that money sit, hoping to gain a very low interest rate, negative interest rates will motivate you to either pay down your bills or spend it in the economy. If you let your money sit in a bank account, negative interest rates makes your balance gets smaller each month.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

One of the primary reasons that gov'ts around the world give seemingly free stimulus money to its citizens is to get printed money out of the treasury and circulating within the economy. If people are buying goods & services, the economy functions properly.
    I'm not even gonna go there. Child, please.