Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Anyone into Cryto currency?

Re: Anyone into Cryto currency?

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    the problem with devaluing is much much bigger tho no?

People don't have ideas. Ideas have people.”

When you have something so big, and only allow monetary "success" be the barometer, everything else start taking forms with heavy bias to satisfy the condition. The trend start taking its own form, and have its own momentum, we end up being the slave feeding it...

Technology and Consumerism IMHO are great example. We have long pushed for innovation.

But innovation has now become individual's branding, as long as its different, its innovation. As long as its not the same, its innovation. As long as the profit margin is large enough, the real Benefit of any innovation is not as important. Like 4k tv and HDR, do we actually see in 4k/8k/16k? Why push for that? What was once valuable, becomes less.

so back to the initial thought... The Economy is a flawed system, having a encrypted digitally traceable currency doesnt fix it.

Satoshi Nakamoto wanted to end the double spending, but the problem isnt the system, its the users. Users with flagrant habits.

punch line: 50in Tv is way cheaper tho, yay?

Interesting concept. While the free market economy isn't perfect (nothing is), do you have an idea any better?

certified scrub 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Interesting concept. While the free market economy isn't perfect (nothing is), do you have an idea any better?
    oh no sir, its functional. I take that anydays over non functional.

The point is over any measure we take attempt to fix something, there's always something new, new trend thats disrupting the previous. That's largely due to users, less so the system.

Like games, often times you hear something getting nerfed, something getting buffed. But thats not entirely based on the design flaw, its the caused and effect, and how much its deviated by intended use when its interacting with playerbase.

it was a simple jest at, tho things seem broken, atleast TV is cheaper.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Staarting lasr year the IRS has been asking about virtual currency, "A new IRS question appears at the top of Schedule 1 to your 2019 Form 1040. It asks if you received, sold, sent, exchanged, or otherwise acquired any financial interest in any virtual currency at any time during the year." When IRS Asks About Cryptocurrency On Your Taxes, Answer Carefully

Retired 10,000+ Posts

oh no sir, its functional. I take that anydays over non functional.

The point is over any measure we take attempt to fix something, there's always something new, new trend thats disrupting the previous. That's largely due to users, less so the system.

Like games, often times you hear something getting nerfed, something getting buffed. But thats not entirely based on the design flaw, its the caused and effect, and how much its deviated by intended use when its interacting with playerbase.

it was a simple jest at, tho things seem broken, atleast TV is cheaper.
    Crypto currency is a type of hedge fund, and as such is not for everyone. you can see huge gains but you can also experience huge losses. If you invest you have to stay on top of your investments. Question by "TV is cheaper" are you referring to the amount of sleaze you find on television?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Crypto currency is a type of hedge fund, and as such is not for everyone. you can see huge gains but you can also experience huge losses. If you invest you have to stay on top of your investments. Question by "TV is cheaper" are you referring to the amount of sleaze you find on television?
    IMHO, many people are always looking for a way to get rich quick. That's fine if you have the money to lose. Personally, I know what I don't know. I like my money too much to invest in anything that I don't fully understand. More power to those that do.

certified scrub 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    No no. I like computer gizmos..

Atleast ten years ago having a big tv is more expensive than a top end graphics card. Nowadays, a top end graphics card is super expensive due to them being used in crypto mining, smaller architecture harder to make, and scalpers got most of them therefore in shortage. While another expensive item, the flat screen tv, has reduced in price quite a bit if you arent into the latest model.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

No no. I like computer gizmos..

Atleast ten years ago having a big tv is more expensive than a top end graphics card. Nowadays, a top end graphics card is super expensive due to them being used in crypto mining, smaller architecture harder to make, and scalpers got most of them therefore in shortage. While another expensive item, the flat screen tv, has reduced in price quite a bit if you arent into the latest model.
    As long as what I have continues to work, at 73 I have no interest in new features, whistles and bells.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Central banks around the world are beginning to run out of options as to how restore their economies due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

As multiple major European countries are going into immediate, full 30 day lock downs, their economies will take a further battering. A lot of major nation states have taken on tremendous, some say, unsustainable debt. They cannot lower interest rates any lower than zero and they cannot print money any faster without risk of devaluing their currencies and risking hyper inflation.

With stock markets breaking new highs on a regular basis thereby risking a major correction, investors are seeking alternate investments like gold, silver and Bitcoin.

50" TVs long ago became a commodity with consumers with few willing to pay a premium for a brand name. Technology advanced to the point where there are few components inside a TV, they weigh much less and there is little opportunity to repair them, making them essentially disposable.

Profit margins are so little on TVs that most major brand names abandoned the market, preferring to license their brand name to some unknown Chinese company. These brand names make much less profit but they avoid all risk.

If you buy a Toshiba TV at Best Buy or Amazon, do not bother to call Toshiba. No support is available or implied. Your claim is against Best Buy or Amazon who directly imports them from China.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post

50" TVs long ago became a commodity with consumers with few willing to pay a premium for a brand name. Technology advanced to the point where there are few components inside a TV, they weigh much less and there is little opportunity to repair them, making them essentially disposable.

Profit margins are so little on TVs that most major brand names abandoned the market, preferring to license their brand name to some unknown Chinese company. These brand names make much less profit but they avoid all risk.

If you buy a Toshiba TV at Best Buy or Amazon, do not bother to call Toshiba. No support is available or implied. Your claim is against Best Buy or Amazon who directly imports them from China.
    I remember buying a 42" flat screen not long after they came out. I think I paid around $4,000. A few months ago I bought a 65" and paid $900. Competition is a beautiful thing.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Inside The Cryptocurrency Revolution

Bitcoin’s emergence as a global digital currency has been as revolutionary as it has been erratic. But while fledgling investors obsess over every fluctuation in the cryptocurrency market, nation-states are more interested in the underlying blockchain technology and its ability to revolutionize how business is done on the internet and beyond.

VICE's Michael Moynihan travels to Russia with Vitalik Buterin, inventor of the ethereum blockchain, to get a front-row seat to the geopolitical tug of war over Internet 3.0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-vrdPtZVXc