Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

Floating Offshore Wind Turbine Installation - Kincardine project Scotland

Floating Offshore Wind Turbine Installation - Kincardine project Scotland - YouTube

... expect US industry to partner with European experts quickly to bring floating wind turbines to US coastlines.

The opportunities for US steel and employment are great and could ultimately be net zero cost to the USA by not burning fossil fuels.[/QUOTE]

America's First Offshore Wind Farm

America's First Offshore Wind Farm - YouTube

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Top 10 things you did not know about Offshore wind energy.

1. Offshore Wind is Here in America
    2. Offshore Wind Resources are Near Most Americans
    3. Offshore Wind is Right on Time
    4. Offshore Wind Turbines Can Float
    5. The Majority of U.S. Offshore Wind Resources Are in Deep Waters
    6. Offshore Wind Farms Use Undersea Cables to Transmit Electricity to the Grid
    7. The U.S. Offshore Wind Industry is Ready for Takeoff
    8. Offshore Wind Components Are Getting Larger
    9. Offshore Wind Turbines Can Be Extremely Tall
    10. Offshore Wind Resources Are Abundant

Top 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Offshore Wind Energy | Department of Energy

The U.S. Offshore Wind Industry is Ready for Takeoff: The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) works collaboratively with industry and academia to address research challenges that are unique to U.S. offshore wind (like hurricanes), and to understand and address market barriers such as environmental impacts, logistical challenges, siting and permitting, and infrastructure development. Finally, DOE is also working to demonstrate advanced technologies.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Top 10 things you did not know about Offshore wind energy.

1. Offshore Wind is Here in America
    2. Offshore Wind Resources are Near Most Americans
    3. Offshore Wind is Right on Time
    4. Offshore Wind Turbines Can Float
    5. The Majority of U.S. Offshore Wind Resources Are in Deep Waters
    6. Offshore Wind Farms Use Undersea Cables to Transmit Electricity to the Grid
    7. The U.S. Offshore Wind Industry is Ready for Takeoff
    8. Offshore Wind Components Are Getting Larger
    9. Offshore Wind Turbines Can Be Extremely Tall
    10. Offshore Wind Resources Are Abundant

Top 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Offshore Wind Energy | Department of Energy

The U.S. Offshore Wind Industry is Ready for Takeoff: The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) works collaboratively with industry and academia to address research challenges that are unique to U.S. offshore wind (like hurricanes), and to understand and address market barriers such as environmental impacts, logistical challenges, siting and permitting, and infrastructure development. Finally, DOE is also working to demonstrate advanced technologies.

Typically, republican states lead the way in wind turbines. Nationally, Texas is the No. 1 state in terms of installed wind capacity.

You gotta give credit to the great republican governor of the great state of Texas. Right?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    He's never gonna post his certifications because he's a fraud.
    Indeed he is a fraud (in certain aspects).
    I know he’s telling the truth about his certs. He has a couple.
    If he received a stimulus check, then he received it either fraudulently or out of error.
    According to google his yearly income falls between 150k and 175k. Not bad for a 62 year old “engineer”. But this means that even if his wife didn’t work at all, they were still ineligible for the stimulus check!
    So he’s either lying about receiving it, or lied TO receive it.

It it also appears he has a court record. Wonder what for? Lol!
    He really likes moving around Florida also. And why not, it’s a beautiful state that’s free from restrictions!
    Omertà

Despite President Donald Trump’s well-known hostility towards wind power and what he believes is it cancer-causing abilities* wind energy is a well-established source of power in the US.

In fact, the US is the second largest producer of wind energy in the world with an installed capacity of over 96GW, and it has six of the world’s top ten onshore windfarms. But progress still needs to be made as a number of states in the southeast from Arkansas to Florida don’t have any wind turbines installed at all.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

WELL WELL WELL bULLSHITMASTER2 seems like other democrats DO NOT share your opine of DeSantis!

Florida Democrats Defend DeSantis Against Attack From ’60 Minutes’

Several Florida Democrats are challenging a report by the CBS News program “60 Minutes” that attempted to paint the state’s vaccination partnership with the Publix grocery store chain as nefarious.
    The program on April 4 explored the COVID-19 vaccine rollout in Florida, which has experienced a similar COVID-19 death rate to California and other states despite having much looser restrictions.
    In one heated exchange, a reporter pressed Gov. Ron DeSantis on the use of Publix stores to administer vaccines, claiming the fact that Publix contributed $100,000 to his political action committee before the chain was chosen could be seen as evidence of a “pay-for-play” scheme.
    DeSantis called the allegation “a fake narrative,” offering a lengthy explanation of what had unfolded. It included state officials reaching out to pharmacies besides CVS and Walgreens because those two companies were tasked with delivering vaccines to long-term care facilities. Publix was the first to say it was ready for the second set of distribution and administration.
    DeSantis also said he visited four different Publix stores during a trial run and found feedback was overwhelmingly positive, and that he solicited advice from Palm Beach officials.
    “Here’s some of the options: We can do more drive-through sites, we can give more to hospitals, we can do the Publix, we can do this. They calculated that 90 percent of their seniors live within a mile and a half of a Publix. And they said, ‘We think that would be the easiest thing for our residents,'” he said.
    “60 Minutes” omitted 356 words from DeSantis’ 423-word answer.
    The reporter then repeated her “pay for play” accusation.
    “I just disabused you of the narrative. And you don’t care about the facts,” DeSantis said.

Jared Moskowitz, a former Democratic state senator who now runs the state Division of Emergency Management, said in a tweet on April 4 that Publix was recommended by his agency, “as the other pharmacies were not ready to start.”
    “No one from the Governors office suggested Publix. It’s just absolute malarkey,” he wrote.
    In a statement on April 5, Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner, also a Democrat, said the “60 Minutes” reporting was “intentionally false.”
    “I know this because I offered to provide my insight into Palm Beach County’s vaccination efforts and 60 minutes declined,” he said, adding that he and other officials asked the governor to expand the state’s partnership with Publix, not the other way around.
    “We asked and he delivered,” Kerner wrote. “They had that information, and they left it out because it kneecaps their narrative.”
    CBS News and “60 Minutes” didn’t immediately respond to requests by The Epoch Times for comment.
    The program has aired false information before; in 2004, it broadcast documents that were allegedly penned by President George W. Bush’s former commanding officer. However, the documents were later found to be forged. An internal probe found that staffers failed to do due diligence in vetting the documents, and a number of workers resigned. CBS also aired footage from Italy when reporting on COVID-19 hospitalizations in New York City last year.
    Publix, in a statement to news outlets, called the suggestion of a link between campaign contributions and the vaccination efforts “irresponsible.”
    “We are proud of our pharmacy associates for administering more than 1.5 million doses of vaccine to date and for joining other retailers in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia to do our part to help our communities emerge from the pandemic,” it stated.
    Florida had administered over 10.5 million COVID-19 vaccine doses as of April 5, one of the highest totals in the nation. COVID-19 is the disease caused by the CCP virus.
    Other officials said the reporting on April 4 regarding Florida was concerning.
    Nikki Fried, Florida’s Democratic commissioner of agriculture, said the program “is exposing the nation” to the governor’s “failings & corruption.”
    State Rep. Michele Rayner-Goolsby, a Democrat, wrote on Twitter, “I made the initial call when pay for play happened in my district. I and so many others fought for equitable distribution of the vaccine in Black + Brown communities.”
    Others said another focus of the program, DeSantis’s prioritization on vaccinating seniors, turned out to be the right move, and that the Republican was being attacked because of signs he could run for president in 2024.
    “Seniors were prioritized for vaccine, DeSantis was criticized for breaking from CDC and he turned out to be right,” Florida GOP Vice Chairman Christian Ziegler said in a tweet. “Now, in the name of 2024, the media is generating a new narrative to attack.”

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    WELL WELL WELL bULLSHITMASTER2 seems like other democrats DO NOT share your opine of DeSantis!

Florida Democrats Defend DeSantis Against Attack From ’60 Minutes’

Several Florida Democrats are challenging a report by the CBS News program “60 Minutes” that attempted to paint the state’s vaccination partnership with the Publix grocery store chain as nefarious.
    The program on April 4 explored the COVID-19 vaccine rollout in Florida, which has experienced a similar COVID-19 death rate to California and other states despite having much looser restrictions.
    In one heated exchange, a reporter pressed Gov. Ron DeSantis on the use of Publix stores to administer vaccines, claiming the fact that Publix contributed $100,000 to his political action committee before the chain was chosen could be seen as evidence of a “pay-for-play” scheme.
    DeSantis called the allegation “a fake narrative,” offering a lengthy explanation of what had unfolded. It included state officials reaching out to pharmacies besides CVS and Walgreens because those two companies were tasked with delivering vaccines to long-term care facilities. Publix was the first to say it was ready for the second set of distribution and administration.
    DeSantis also said he visited four different Publix stores during a trial run and found feedback was overwhelmingly positive, and that he solicited advice from Palm Beach officials.
    “Here’s some of the options: We can do more drive-through sites, we can give more to hospitals, we can do the Publix, we can do this. They calculated that 90 percent of their seniors live within a mile and a half of a Publix. And they said, ‘We think that would be the easiest thing for our residents,'” he said.
    “60 Minutes” omitted 356 words from DeSantis’ 423-word answer.
    The reporter then repeated her “pay for play” accusation.
    “I just disabused you of the narrative. And you don’t care about the facts,” DeSantis said.

Jared Moskowitz, a former Democratic state senator who now runs the state Division of Emergency Management, said in a tweet on April 4 that Publix was recommended by his agency, “as the other pharmacies were not ready to start.”
    “No one from the Governors office suggested Publix. It’s just absolute malarkey,” he wrote.
    In a statement on April 5, Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner, also a Democrat, said the “60 Minutes” reporting was “intentionally false.”
    “I know this because I offered to provide my insight into Palm Beach County’s vaccination efforts and 60 minutes declined,” he said, adding that he and other officials asked the governor to expand the state’s partnership with Publix, not the other way around.
    “We asked and he delivered,” Kerner wrote. “They had that information, and they left it out because it kneecaps their narrative.”
    CBS News and “60 Minutes” didn’t immediately respond to requests by The Epoch Times for comment.
    The program has aired false information before; in 2004, it broadcast documents that were allegedly penned by President George W. Bush’s former commanding officer. However, the documents were later found to be forged. An internal probe found that staffers failed to do due diligence in vetting the documents, and a number of workers resigned. CBS also aired footage from Italy when reporting on COVID-19 hospitalizations in New York City last year.
    Publix, in a statement to news outlets, called the suggestion of a link between campaign contributions and the vaccination efforts “irresponsible.”
    “We are proud of our pharmacy associates for administering more than 1.5 million doses of vaccine to date and for joining other retailers in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia to do our part to help our communities emerge from the pandemic,” it stated.
    Florida had administered over 10.5 million COVID-19 vaccine doses as of April 5, one of the highest totals in the nation. COVID-19 is the disease caused by the CCP virus.
    Other officials said the reporting on April 4 regarding Florida was concerning.
    Nikki Fried, Florida’s Democratic commissioner of agriculture, said the program “is exposing the nation” to the governor’s “failings & corruption.”
    State Rep. Michele Rayner-Goolsby, a Democrat, wrote on Twitter, “I made the initial call when pay for play happened in my district. I and so many others fought for equitable distribution of the vaccine in Black + Brown communities.”
    Others said another focus of the program, DeSantis’s prioritization on vaccinating seniors, turned out to be the right move, and that the Republican was being attacked because of signs he could run for president in 2024.
    “Seniors were prioritized for vaccine, DeSantis was criticized for breaking from CDC and he turned out to be right,” Florida GOP Vice Chairman Christian Ziegler said in a tweet. “Now, in the name of 2024, the media is generating a new narrative to attack.”

The Epoch Times Really Phil

Epoch Times in the hyper-partisan right category of bias and as somewhat unreliable in terms of reliability.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Well may 4th to last place.
    Remember CA -=and=- SSG are here also I can think of about more off the top of my head.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    You forget Phil, I have read some of your posts. Better save yourself a spot at the bottom of that list. While you're at it, save a spot for Billy too.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Yeah, I know what it stands for. In fact, I changed my mind. I'm seriously considering getting my CCNA. But I'm not interested in doing networking for a living. It's a hobby for me...more or less.

Why don't you post your certificates and test scores on here? C'mon, Mr. Big Shot. Show us. I believe you are a liar. Prove me wrong.
    Hate to burst your bubble Billy...but he has a couple COMPTIA certificates from 2007 and 2008.
    Dont see anything about CCNA, but he could’ve Just received that due to his new employment at Cisco.

He is a liar about the stimulus because his salary according to google is between 150k and 175k (not bad for a 62 year old “engineer”).

And you know what they say, Lie about one thing, you’ve most likely lied about Lots of things!
    Omertà

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    And you know what they say, Lie about one thing, you’ve most likely lied about Lots of things!
    In a court of law it is called impeaching a witness. Once a witness has been caught in a lie then the jury can then consider everything else that witness has said as probably not true.