" Fly like an EAGLE" NOT some vulture!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Biden 1 TRUMP 0
    game over

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    This thread was originally created, as described in the very first post, to cheer for American success!

If you feel a need to throw stones at the USA, start your own thread!
    Oh so bsm and ca stay on topic?
    This is a Public thread UNTIL admin makes you a moderator you really have no say on what gets posted.
    Kinda like what happens in the covid thread that Slim started.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Oh so bsm and ca stay on topic?
    This is a Public thread UNTIL admin makes you a moderator you really have no say on what gets posted.
    Kinda like what happens in the covid thread that Slim started.

I think he's talking about U and Billy.
    Whinning

Retired 10,000+ Posts

This thread was originally created, as described in the very first post, to cheer for American success!

If you feel a need to throw stones at the USA, start your own thread!
    Based on previous political threads you have started, that is an outright lie. It was created to praise liberalism and we aren't letting you get away with it

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Based on previous political threads you have started, that is an outright lie. It was created to praise liberalism and we aren't letting you get away with it
    "Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first try to deceive"

isn't it amazing Slim... You and I can 'member things but the young bucks can't!?

is it because the try to deceive us?

remember what gran (full blooded Scot) told me when she caught me in my first lie. " Pip .. more more you lie, the more lies you have to tell, the less you can remember of your previous lies. "

I have kept that in my heart since then... and by mid 20's I sat back reminiscing about that fine lady .. and I was like "DAMN" I finally caught on.

She lived to 93 years before ALZ took her. I really miss her and Gramps wisdom... they had seen all the tough times. And they came through them with flying colors.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

On this day in 1989, President Ronald Reagan gives his Farewell Address to the Nation. In doing so, he defined his vision of “the shining city upon a hill.”[I]“n my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here.”

For we must consider that we shall be as a city upon a hill. The eyes of all people are upon us. So that if we shall deal falsely with our God in this work we have undertaken, and so cause Him to withdraw His present help from us, we shall be made a story and a by-word through the world.”

Therefore, this is the ultimate aim of American exceptionalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    "Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first try to deceive"

isn't it amazing Slim... You and I can 'member things but the young bucks can't!?

is it because the try to deceive us?

remember what gran (full blooded Scot) told me when she caught me in my first lie. " Pip .. more more you lie, the more lies you have to tell, the less you can remember of your previous lies. "

I have kept that in my heart since then... and by mid 20's I sat back reminiscing about that fine lady .. and I was like "DAMN" I finally caught on.

She lived to 93 years before ALZ took her. I really miss her and Gramps wisdom... they had seen all the tough times. And they came through them with flying colors.

Here is the very first post. If you actually care to read it you will see it mentions Ronald Reagan, probably the most conservative President in modern history and his vision of the US.
    SalesServiceGuy was NOT lying.

Man Charged with Scamming Trump Donors Out of Big Bucks

The Justice Department has accused a Nevada man of scamming supporters of former President Donald Trump and President Joe Biden out of hundreds of thousands of dollars prior to the 2020 election.

Federal prosecutors said Kyle Bell used a fake political action committee, or PAC, known as the Keep America Great Committee to appeal to unsuspecting supporters of Trump’s re-election bid.

Bell, according to a DOJ criminal complaint, also scammed supporters of then-candidate Biden out of cash, all of which he is accused of keeping. That PAC was called the “Best Days Lie Ahead Committee.”

The cash collected in Trump’s name, nearly $250,000, allegedly went straight to Bell.
    “On or about January 7, 2020, BELL organized a Super PAC called the Keep America Great Committee (‘KAGC’) and registered the PAC with the FEC. KAGC purported to support the re-election of President Donald Trump,” a federal complaint stated. “BELL used the name of his wife without authorization on those registration documents.”

Bell also created a website for his PAC by copying content used on legitimate Trump-supporting entities’ websites, authorities said. According to The Daily Beast, his site’s donation page looked almost identical to that of the Trump campaign.
    “KAGC received $246,751.45 in donations made online through its website and its marketing emails. KAGC received donations from over 1,000 donors,” the complaint, which accused Bell of wire fraud, added.

Both PACs collected money from unwitting donors beginning in January 2020 and collected cash up until the month before the November election, the court filing said.
    According to the DOJ, Bell swindled supporters of both candidates and kept the money for himself.

“During the 2020 election cycle, KAGC and BDLAC which were controlled by BELL received approximately $340,000 in donations — not including the funds that BELL diverted from a fraudulent PPP loan to KAGC-LLCs accounts,” the DOJ said.
    “During that same period, BELL’s PACs made no contributions to candidates, political parties, or other committees. And neither KAGC nor BELL ever provided ‘5X’ matching of contributions as promised by KAGC.”
    According to the legal filing, Bell is also accused of applying for Paycheck Protection Program loans made available via the CARES Act for various companies in his or his wife’s name.

“BELL also applied for PPP loans on behalf of five different Nevada companies that were organized in the names of BELL and his wife. All of these loan applications included false statements and misrepresentations about the companies’ operations,” the government alleged.
    Regarding the PPP loans, Bell hauled in more than $1 million combined in response to loan applications for four of those companies.

“BELL claimed that three of the companies each had an annual payroll over $2 million with more than 200 employees, when in fact those companies combined had at most six employees with far less in payroll expenses,” the DOJ said.
    A company called Bella Threads LLC received $49,879 in loans, while another company, Red Five LLC, got $112,187 in PPP funds.

Two other companies, Echo Three LLC and Myson Rules LLC, accepted $485,016 and $492,754, respectively.
    All the loans were accepted between April 30 and May 15 of 2020.

If people aren't SMART enough to research who they donate to then I lay the blame strictly on them. Caveat emptor is Latin for "Let the buyer beware".

Biden Asks for $1.5 Trillion In First Budget Request, Including 16 Percent Domestic Spending Boost

President Biden on Friday asked Congress to authorize a $1.52 trillion federal spending plan for 2022, which gives a sense of his administration’s priorities, calling for a 16 percent increase in funding for non-defense domestic programs and a relatively flat 1.7 percent increase for defense.
    Biden’s first discretionary spending request, detailed in a blueprint (pdf) from the White House’s acting budget chief, Shalanda Young, calls on Congress to provide $769 billion for non-defense programs and $753 billion in national defense funding for the upcoming fiscal year.
    The request is a precursor to a bigger, annual budget proposal that will come later in spring and will cover mandatory spending on programs like Social Security and Medicare. Discretionary spending requests, which are subject to the appropriations process and require Congress to set a new funding level each year, can be a battleground for partisan wrangling that have in the past led to government shutdowns.
    “Later this spring we will release the president’s full budget, which will present a unified, comprehensive plan to address the overlapping crises we face,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki said at a briefing Friday. She added that this will include the “big proposal” Biden has just introduced—referring to the $2.25 trillion infrastructure plan—as well as “other proposals that he will introduce between now and then.”
    “Our country is confronting historic crises—the pandemic, an economic downturn, climate change, and a reckoning on racial justice,” Psaki said.

“At the same time, we’re inheriting a legacy of chronic underinvestment, in our view, in priorities that are vital to our long-term success and our ability to confront the challenges before us, so the president is focused on reversing this trend and reinvesting in the foundations of our strength,” she said, adding that the discretionary funding proposal “provides another opportunity to do that” and is an indication of the Biden administration’s priorities.
    While the overall 8 percent boost in federal discretionary spending over 2021 levels signals that the White House is not inclined to pivot towards austerity, the specifics of the blueprint show that many of the agencies Biden wants to fund at higher levels are programs that former President Donald Trump sought to cut, while giving high priority to fighting climate change.
    Biden is calling on Congress to spend an additional $14 billion towards climate change investments, including $1.7 billion to improve the energy efficiency of homes, schools, and federal buildings. Another $2 billion is slated for putting skilled labor—like welders and electricians—to work on the construction of various clean energy projects across the nation.

His proposal also includes $600 million for electric vehicles and charging infrastructure for 18 federal agencies “to provide an immediate, clear, and stable source of demand to help accelerate American industrial capacity to produce clean vehicles and components.” It also calls for $815 million to incorporate climate impacts into pre-disaster planning and projects. An additional $1.4 billion would also be sent to the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, allowing more work on climate observation and forecasting.
    Biden is also calling for $1.2 billion in climate aid for poor countries by resuming spending on the United Nations Green Climate Fund, and another $485 billion on other multilateral climate initiatives.
    There’s also $861 million to combat the economic deprivation in Central America to help address the “root causes of irregular migration from Central America to the United States.” It also calls for over $10 billion in humanitarian assistance “to support vulnerable people abroad, including refugees and conflict victims.”
    The discretionary request also includes $8.7 billion for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the agency’s biggest budget boost in nearly two decades. Another $6.5 billion is earmarked to launch the Advanced Research Projects Agency for Health (ARPA-H) project, which is meant to “support research that enhances health, lengthens life, and reduces illness and disability.” There’s also $10.7 billion to help end the opioid epidemic—$3.9 billion over the 2021 level—and $670 in HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention.
    Biden’s proposal also calls for $1.6 billion for community mental health services, $1 billion for Department of Justice (DOJ) Violence Against Women Act of 1994 programs, and $2.1 billion to combat gun-related violence.
    The request also contains a $36.5 billion investment in Title I grants—a $20 billion increase from the 2021 enacted level—providing historically under-resourced schools with more funding. Nearly $20 billion is set aside for expanded access to affordable early child care and learning, $15.5 billion for support for children with disabilities.
    Biden is calling for $30.4 billion for housing assistance in the form of housing choice vouchers, and $500 million in homeless assistance grants to help prevent and reduce homelessness.
    The proposal seeks $625 million for a new competitive grant program for passenger rail and $2.7 billion for Amtrak—a 35 percent increase—in contrast to Trump, who sought to reduce Amtrak funding.
    Other proposed increases track long-held Democrat priorities, including criminal justice and police reform, greater worker protections, boosting state unemployment insurance programs, reducing emissions, and more money for the IRS to crack down on tax avoidance.
    The expansive proposal may face an uphill battle on Capitol Hill, however, as Democrats have narrow congressional majorities and, since the funding proposal cannot be advanced via budget reconciliation, they must win over at least ten Senate Republicans, who maintain filibuster power in the upper chamber.

Biden Asks for $1.5 Trillion In First Budget Request, Including 16 Percent Domestic Spending Boost

President Biden on Friday asked Congress to authorize a $1.52 trillion federal spending plan for 2022, which gives a sense of his administration’s priorities, calling for a 16 percent increase in funding for non-defense domestic programs and a relatively flat 1.7 percent increase for defense.
    Biden’s first discretionary spending request, detailed in a blueprint (pdf) from the White House’s acting budget chief, Shalanda Young, calls on Congress to provide $769 billion for non-defense programs and $753 billion in national defense funding for the upcoming fiscal year.

Getting Shit Done

Biden orders commission to study supreme court expansion and reform

• Executive order fulfils campaign pledge to examine court reform