Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Biden's Commerce Secretary ADMITS Trump's Tariffs WORKED...

WATCH:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1379848210051706881

President Biden's Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo admits that Trump’s China tariffs “helped save” steel and aluminum jobs. She did not mention any other industries or any other nations. Only steel and aluminum imported from China.

At the time, it was very evident that China was dumping both of these products into the US market at below market prices to weaken domestic industry players.

She did not say the same tariffs worked against Canada.

There is no comment that the ex President's tariffs worked in general as you imply. The only thing for sure is that US citizens paid more for imported goods. Tariff taxes were immediately collected at the port of entry by the importer with much of this extra cost passed onto the consumer.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    President Biden's Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo admits that Trump’s China tariffs “helped save” steel and aluminum jobs. She did not mention any other industries or any other nations. Only steel and aluminum imported from China.

At the time, it was very evident that China was dumping both of these products into the US market at below market prices to weaken domestic industry players.

She did not say the same tariffs worked against Canada.

There is no comment that the ex President's tariffs worked in general as you imply.

I never said it worked for Canada stop trying to put words in my mouth.
    If it worked for one industry it works for others also... you just fail to admit it.

frankly I don't care what Canadon't does... it's not my worry let Canadon't worry about their own shit... let us worry about how Biden is going to ruin this country.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

If it worked for one industry it works for others also... you just fail to admit it.

frankly I don't care what Canadon't does... it's not my worry let Canadon't worry about their own shit... let us worry about how Biden is going to ruin this country.
    ... I am glad that I am not blocked by you anymore. You responded faster than I could correct myself.

... you may not care what Canada does but Canada remains the USA's #1 trading partner, a major supplier of lumber, steel and aluminum so necessary to build America back better.

YOUR Meltdown is Brilliant

Less than 100 days Hilarious
    Do you have any tissues?

FACT SHEET: The American Jobs Plan
    MARCH 31, 2021 • STATEMENTS AND RELEASES
    While the American Rescue Plan is changing the course of the pandemic and delivering relief for working families, this is no time to build back to the way things were. This is the moment to reimagine and rebuild a new economy. The American Jobs Plan is an investment in America that will create millions of good jobs, rebuild our country’s infrastructure, and position the United States to out-compete China. Public domestic investment as a share of the economy has fallen by more than 40 percent since the 1960s. The American Jobs Plan will invest in America in a way we have not invested since we built the interstate highways and won the Space Race.

The United States of America is the wealthiest country in the world, yet we rank 13th when it comes to the overall quality of our infrastructure. After decades of disinvestment, our roads, bridges, and water systems are crumbling. Our electric grid is vulnerable to catastrophic outages. Too many lack access to affordable, high-speed Internet and to quality housing. The past year has led to job losses and threatened economic security, eroding more than 30 years of progress in women’s labor force participation. It has unmasked the fragility of our caregiving infrastructure. And, our nation is falling behind its biggest competitors on research and development (R&D), manufacturing, and training. It has never been more important for us to invest in strengthening our infrastructure and competitiveness, and in creating the good-paying, union jobs of the future.

Like great projects of the past, the President’s plan will unify and mobilize the country to meet the great challenges of our time: the climate crisis and the ambitions of an autocratic China. It will invest in Americans and deliver the jobs and opportunities they deserve. But unlike past major investments, the plan prioritizes addressing long-standing and persistent racial injustice. The plan targets 40 percent of the benefits of climate and clean infrastructure investments to disadvantaged communities. And, the plan invests in rural communities and communities impacted by the market-based transition to clean energy.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    . The only thing for sure is that US citizens paid more for imported goods. Tariff taxes were immediately collected at the port of entry by the importer with much of this extra cost passed onto the consumer.

I'm glad that you understand that businesses pass increased cost onto the consumer. There's NO DOUBT about that. Since you and I have a mutual understanding of this concept, I think we both can agree that when Biden raises taxes on the rich that they'll pass that cost to the consumer

Good chat.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I'm glad that you understand that businesses pass increased cost onto the consumer. There's NO DOUBT about that. Since you and I have a mutual understanding of this concept, I think we both can agree that when Biden raises taxes on the rich that they'll pass that cost to the consumer

Good chat.
    So your plan is do NOTHING Good chat

Lest we leave out the cost that will be passed onto the consumer as a result of the Green New Deal.

Yo know the reason that they call it the "green" new deal? Because green will be coming out of your pocket from everything to your power bill to the air that you breath.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Lest we leave out the cost that will be passed onto the consumer as a result of the Green New Deal.

Yo know the reason that they call it the "green" new deal? Because green will be coming out of your pocket from everything to your power bill to the air that you breath.
    Afraid little boy of progress?
    Maybe you should go back to selling carbon paper.

With Joe Biden, it's like Jimmy Carter... deja vu....all over again.