Page 21 of 355 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    So, when the government gives big tax breaks to the rich where do you think that money gets made up?
    The government doesn't give, it takes. Governments produce nothing. They can't give anything without taking it first. The government can make up the difference by spending less. That's what the people have to do when they are taxed more. It goes both ways.

Aging Tech 2,500+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Quote Originally Posted by progoffice View Post
    The government doesn't give, it takes. Governments produce nothing. They can't give anything without taking it first. The government can make up the difference by spending less. That's what the people have to do when they are taxed more. It goes both ways.

Okay. When the government chooses to take less from the ultra rich that money needs to be made up somewhere. Better?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

When we are taxed and regulated less, there is more confidence to spend more of your money.. the kids need new clothes/shoes... moms clothes dryer is on the fritz again so let's just buy a new one.... we've been putting off getting new tires for the car.
    This feeds other businesses to hire or pay more.
    Lower taxes/regs helps everyone.
    Shutdowns only hurt the poor/middle class.
    Look at Capital Hill NONE of them went without a paycheck this summer EVEN THO most didn't hit a lick of work all summer long.
    Neither did we but we didn't garner a paycheck, but still had bills to pay.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

... Senator Bernie Sanders said yesterday that the rise to a $15.00 minimum living wage will occur in graduated steps over several years to allow employers a chance to modify their business plans to the new reality.

... no laws have yet be written nor passed for the likelihood of new carbon usage taxes in the USA. Almost certainly these new taxes will raise the cost of gasoline to the average consumer while at the same time offer the consumer new tax breaks to reclaim the extra taxes paid. The carbon tax is really aimed at large Corporate polluters.

The purpose of the new tax will be to provide incentives to switch to the all electric vehicle of the near future using renewable energy. At the same time these new taxes will provide new gov't revenues to repair America's road infrastructure, build new renewable energy resources and build 500,000 new electric vehicle charging stations across the country. Many 10,000s of new jobs will be created.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Okay. When the government chooses to take less from the ultra rich that money needs to be made up somewhere. Better?
    Are the ultra rich taking our money or are we giving it to them in exchange for a good or service that makes our quality of life better? Are they not paying people along the way to help produce and provide these goods and services? Why does this money need to be made up anyway? You're assuming that all the money that governments confiscate is actually needed and not at all being wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... Senator Bernie Sanders said yesterday that the rise to a $15.00 minimum living wage will occur in graduated steps over several years to allow employers a chance to modify their business plans to the new reality.

... no laws have yet be written nor passed for the likelihood of new carbon usage taxes in the USA. Almost certainly these new taxes will raise the cost of gasoline to the average consumer while at the same time offer the consumer new tax breaks to reclaim the extra taxes paid. The carbon tax is really aimed at large Corporate polluters.

The purpose of the new tax will be to provide incentives to switch to the all electric vehicle of the near future using renewable energy. At the same time these new taxes will provide new gov't revenues to repair America's road infrastructure, build new renewable energy resources and build 500,000 new electric vehicle charging stations across the country. Many 10,000s of new jobs will be created.
    Florida already voted in a Constitutional amendment to raise the min wage to 15.00 in 5 years

Aging Tech 2,500+ Posts

Are the ultra rich taking our money or are we giving it to them in exchange for a good or service that makes our quality of life better? Are they not paying people along the way to help produce and provide these goods and services? Why does this money need to be made up anyway? You're assuming that all the money that governments confiscate is actually needed and not at all being wasted.

Obviously you believe the ultra rich are paying all the taxes they need to and they deserve tax breaks. That's fine. We all get to have our own opinions.
    I didn't say governments don't waste money. If I could make government more efficient I would, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Florida already voted in a Constitutional amendment to raise the min wage to 15.00 in 5 years
    I was in Florida like five years ago. I was talking to a waitress and she told me that she earned $7.50 an hour plus tips. She was forced to constantly travel with seasonal trends to tourist hot spots because she could not afford to support herself on her wages along.

I wonder if our Canadians and our Florida IT were as vehemently upset by the attack on a menís congressional baseball practice in Alexandria, Virginia in June 2017 in which then House Majority Whip Steve Scalise was shot in the hip. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise and others shot at congressional baseball practice | PBS NewsHour

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I was in Florida like five years ago. I was talking to a waitress and she told me that she earned $7.50 an hour plus tips. She was forced to constantly travel with seasonal trends to tourist hot spots because she could not afford to support herself on her wages along.

That's because she never learned a skill what was worth anything. She walked the food from the counter to a table. Instead of you telling her that she's worth a lot more money, perhaps you should tell her to learn a skill that's worth something.