1. #2901
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Free Mississippi
    Posts
    9,561
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

    A sea change': Subsidies and White House push leads to surge in Obamacare sign-ups
    “It’s like a light at the end of the tunnel. I’m blown away,” said a woman who was able to afford health insurance for the first time in 12 years.

    '''A sea change''': Subsidies and White House push leads to surge in Obamacare sign-ups

  2. #2902
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Free Mississippi
    Posts
    9,561
    Rep Power
    128

  3. #2903
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,058
    Rep Power
    368

    Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

    Maxine Waters Accused of Abusing 'Numerous Government Resources Inappropriately' in Ethics Complaint

    An ethics complaint filed against Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters of California claims she misused government resources during her controversial trip to Minnesota while the trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was ongoing.
    Waters is accusing of misusing her ability to request protection from federal air marshals on an April 17 flight to Minneapolis, according to Fox News.
    That was the same date that Waters appeared at a Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, protest and said demonstrations need to be stepped up if Chauvin was not convicted of the charges against him — which he later was.

    “We’ve got to stay on the street and we’ve got to get more active, we’ve got to get more confrontational. We’ve got to make sure that they know that we mean business,” she said then, according to Fox News.
    That comment was later cited by the judge of the Chauvin trial as grounds for Chauvin’s defense to claim a mistrial on appeal. The comment also sparked an attempt by House Republicans to censure Waters, which failed when House Democrats closed ranks to defeat the motion.

    That day, Waters traveled with two armed Capitol Police officers and two U.S. Secret Service agents but wanted more, asking for two air marshals and two more federal marshals to escort her through the airport, according to Fox.
    “Congresswoman Maxine Waters utilized numerous government resources inappropriately,” a complaint filed with the House Ethics Committees reads.

    “Federal Air Marshals were removed from a ‘High Risk’ flight to cover Ms. Waters flight to Minnesota. The High Risk flight took off with no armed law enforcement on board leaving a gap in National Security,” the complaint said.
    “Air marshals can only be assigned to high-risk flights. That means flights that have been deemed through our vetted process that have a security risk,” Sonya Hightower LoBasco, the executive director of the Air Marshal National Council, said.

    “When these processes are violated and they’re taken advantage of and they are just tossed to the side now as if they don’t matter, we’re really looking into creating a major problem for ourselves in the aviation domain.”
    She said having air marshals accompany the congresswoman left a hole elsewhere.
    “Air marshals for Miss Waters trip were assigned high risk missions, they were removed from those missions and assigned to Miss Waters mission on top of her already armed security detail from the Capitol Police,” she said.

    “That was not an official business trip. We still don’t have any justification as to why government resources were utilized to fly Miss Waters out to Minnesota.”
    “How do you go out and promote defunding the police then call for more police protection,” LaBosco added, according to Judicial Watch.

    The Transportation Security Administration said that protecting lawmakers as they travel became paramount after the Jan. 6 Capitol incursion.
    “Following the events of January 6th at the U.S. Capitol, the Transportation Security Administration enhanced security and law enforcement presence throughout the transportation system to include airports and aboard aircraft to protect the traveling public, including Members of Congress,” TSA said in a statement, Fox reported.

    But there is a limit, according to David Londo — the president of the Air Marshal National Council.
    “Placing [federal air marshals] on aircraft simply because a member of Congress requests it is an egregious misuse of government resources,” he said in an April 20 complaint to the Department of Homeland Security Inspector General.
    “The FAMs are now taking agents off of regularly scheduled ‘high risk’ flights to put them on flights with members of Congress, that in most cases have their own armed federal security details onboard already. It has become akin to a type of extremely expensive concierge service for Congressional members.”

  4. #2904
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Free Mississippi
    Posts
    9,561
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Maxine Waters Accused of Abusing 'Numerous Government Resources Inappropriately' in Ethics Complaint

    An ethics complaint filed against Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters of California claims she misused government resources during her controversial trip to Minnesota while the trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was ongoing.
    Waters is accusing of misusing her ability to request protection from federal air marshals on an April 17 flight to Minneapolis, according to Fox News.
    That was the same date that Waters appeared at a Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, protest and said demonstrations need to be stepped up if Chauvin was not convicted of the charges against him — which he later was.

    “We’ve got to stay on the street and we’ve got to get more active, we’ve got to get more confrontational. We’ve got to make sure that they know that we mean business,” she said then, according to Fox News.
    That comment was later cited by the judge of the Chauvin trial as grounds for Chauvin’s defense to claim a mistrial on appeal. The comment also sparked an attempt by House Republicans to censure Waters, which failed when House Democrats closed ranks to defeat the motion.

    That day, Waters traveled with two armed Capitol Police officers and two U.S. Secret Service agents but wanted more, asking for two air marshals and two more federal marshals to escort her through the airport, according to Fox.
    “Congresswoman Maxine Waters utilized numerous government resources inappropriately,” a complaint filed with the House Ethics Committees reads.

    “Federal Air Marshals were removed from a ‘High Risk’ flight to cover Ms. Waters flight to Minnesota. The High Risk flight took off with no armed law enforcement on board leaving a gap in National Security,” the complaint said.
    “Air marshals can only be assigned to high-risk flights. That means flights that have been deemed through our vetted process that have a security risk,” Sonya Hightower LoBasco, the executive director of the Air Marshal National Council, said.

    “When these processes are violated and they’re taken advantage of and they are just tossed to the side now as if they don’t matter, we’re really looking into creating a major problem for ourselves in the aviation domain.”
    She said having air marshals accompany the congresswoman left a hole elsewhere.
    “Air marshals for Miss Waters trip were assigned high risk missions, they were removed from those missions and assigned to Miss Waters mission on top of her already armed security detail from the Capitol Police,” she said.

    “That was not an official business trip. We still don’t have any justification as to why government resources were utilized to fly Miss Waters out to Minnesota.”
    “How do you go out and promote defunding the police then call for more police protection,” LaBosco added, according to Judicial Watch.

    The Transportation Security Administration said that protecting lawmakers as they travel became paramount after the Jan. 6 Capitol incursion.
    “Following the events of January 6th at the U.S. Capitol, the Transportation Security Administration enhanced security and law enforcement presence throughout the transportation system to include airports and aboard aircraft to protect the traveling public, including Members of Congress,” TSA said in a statement, Fox reported.

    But there is a limit, according to David Londo — the president of the Air Marshal National Council.
    “Placing [federal air marshals] on aircraft simply because a member of Congress requests it is an egregious misuse of government resources,” he said in an April 20 complaint to the Department of Homeland Security Inspector General.
    “The FAMs are now taking agents off of regularly scheduled ‘high risk’ flights to put them on flights with members of Congress, that in most cases have their own armed federal security details onboard already. It has become akin to a type of extremely expensive concierge service for Congressional members.”
    Big deal a complaint was filed
    Another NOTHING Burger
    and YOU keep posting in the WRONG thread

  5. #2905
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,058
    Rep Power
    368

    Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

    FBI admits GOP baseball shooting was domestic terrorism after previously deeming it 'suicide by cop'

    Yes it was, committed by a crazed left wing Bernie supporter.


    The FBI has "quietly" admitted that the 2017 shooting by a far-left radical who tried to murder several GOP members of Congress at a baseball field was, indeed, domestic terrorism, The Washington Examiner reported.
    Last month, current FBI chief Christopher Wray was confronted by Republican lawmakers over the agency classifying the shooting as "suicide by cop" under a previous director.
    What are the details?

    The Examiner found in an FBI-DHS report released Friday detailing 85 "FBI-Designated Significant Domestic Terrorism Incidents in the United States from 2015 through 2019" classified the shooting at an Alexandria, Va., baseball field by a supporter of former Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) as "domestic violent extremism."
    The description of the event reads:
    An individual with a personal violent ideology targeted and shot Republican members of Congress at a baseball field and wounded five people. The subject died as a result of engagement with law enforcement.
    The shooting carried out by Illinois man James Hodgkinson left House GOP Minority Whip Steve Scalise (La.) fighting for his life after Hodgkinson shot him in the hip. The crazed Hodgkinson also shot lobbyist Matt Mika in the chest, and struck U.S. Capitol Police Officers Crystal Griner and David Bailey.
    In April, GOP Rep. Brad Wenstrup (R-Ohio), who was present at the shooting, revealed during a House Intelligence Committee hearing that the FBI classified the case as "suicide by cop" in 2017. Wenstrup took issue with the classification, and said Republican lawmakers were dismayed by it.

    "Director, you want suicide by cop, you just pull a gun on a cop," Wenstrup told Wray. "It doesn't take 136 rounds. It takes one bullet. Both the DHS and the [Office of the Director of National Intelligence] published products labeling this attack as a domestic violent extremism event, specifically targeting Republican members of Congress. The FBI did not."
    Earlier this week, Wenstrup, Scalise, and several other GOP members signed a letter to Wray asking the director to conduct a review of how the "suicide by cop" designation was reached by the FBI, and to update the conclusions of the investigation.
    The letter notes that were it not for Scalise's security detail (since he is a member of House GOP leadership), there would not have even been any law enforcement present during the GOP Congressional baseball practice. Further, the officers were wearing plain clothes inside an unmarked vehicle — casting immediate doubt on the "suicide by cop" theory.
    The Republicans also noted that Hodgkinson had a "potential 'hit list'" in his pocket. The names on that list were GOP Reps. Jim Jordan (Ohio), Mo Brooks (Ala.), Trent Franks (Ariz.), Morgan Griffith (Va.), Scott DesJarlais (Tenn.), and Jeff Duncan (S.C.).

  6. #2906
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Free Mississippi
    Posts
    9,561
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

    Posting in the Wrong thread again Phil

    More Right Wing News BS

  7. #2907
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,058
    Rep Power
    368

    Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

    BREAKING: Biden Kills Trump Order Honoring Hundreds In ‘Garden Of American Heroes’

    President Biden rescinded an order from former President Donald Trump Friday to build a “National Garden of American Heroes” to memorialize hundreds of influential Americans.
    “Biden just officially revoked the executive order for the ‘National Garden of American Heroes’ that Trump signed last year,” CNN’s Kevin Liptak tweeted.
    Trump announced plans to build the garden last year and rolled out over 200 names of famous Americans whose statues would fill the monument in January. The statue garden was one of Trump’s final initiatives before exiting the White House.

    The garden was to include Americans from every era of U.S. history from founding father Benjamin Franklin to longtime “Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek.
    “Across this Nation, belief in the greatness and goodness of America has come under attack in recent months and years by a dangerous anti-American extremism that seeks to dismantle our country’s history, institutions, and very identity. The heroes of 1776 have been desecrated, with statues of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin vandalized and toppled,” Trump said in his order. “The dead who gave their lives to end slavery and save the Union during the Civil War have been dishonored, with monuments to Abraham Lincoln, Hans Christian Heg, and the courageous 54th Regiment left damaged and disfigured. The brave warriors who saved freedom from Nazi fascism have been disgraced with a memorial to World War II veterans defaced with the hammer and sickle of Soviet communism.”
    “The National Garden is America’s answer to this reckless attempt to erase our heroes, values, and entire way of life. On its grounds, the devastation and discord of the moment will be overcome with abiding love of country and lasting patriotism. This is the American way,” it continued. “When the forces of anti-Americanism have sought to burn, tear down, and destroy, patriots have built, rebuilt, and lifted up. That is our history. America responded to the razing of the White House by building it back in the same place with unbroken resolve, to the murders of Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr., with a national temple and the Stone of Hope, and to the terrorism of 9/11 with a new Freedom Tower. In keeping with this tradition, America is responding to the tragic toppling of monuments to our founding generation and the giants of our past by commencing a new national project for their restoration, veneration, and celebration.”
    Trump signed the order in part to counter activists and rioters who had attacked in recent months statues honoring past Americans such as George Washington and Thomas Jefferson because they had owned slaves. He also signed the order to counter narratives about American history such as those pushed by The New York Times’ “1619 Project” claiming that the U.S. owes all progress to slavery, rather than its ideas of freedom and self-government.

  8. #2908
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,058
    Rep Power
    368

    Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

    ‘I Think I Can Use My Own Judgment On That’: Pro-Abortion Pelosi Says She Can Decide Herself Whether She Can Take Communion

    Bet your bishop has something to say about that NanNan, after all he puts the wafer on your tongue or in your hand.


    On Thursday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) stated that her pro-abortion stance should not preclude her from receiving Holy Communion, saying loftily, “I think I can use my own judgment on that.”
    Pelosi was prompted by a reporter, “The U.S. Archbishops and the Bishops Conference doesn’t want you to receive Communion. Your remarks on that?”

    Pelosi stated, “No, they don’t. No. I think I can use my own judgment on that,” then continued, “I’m pleased by what the Vatican put out on that subject. Did you read that?”
    The reporter responded, “It’ll be up to the individual priest.”
    “No, it basically says, ‘Don’t be divisive on the subject,” Pelosi replied, referring to a May 7 letter from Luis Cardinal Ladaria, the prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith at the Vatican.

    “The Speaker has long supported legal abortion and has advocated for taxpayer-funded abortion by repealing the Hyde Amendment. She has also supported the Equality Act, legislation that the U.S. bishops’ conference (USCCB) has warned would “punish” religious groups opposed to the redefinition of marriage and transgender ideology,” the Catholic News Agency noted.
    In late April, reports surfaced that the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) would be considering issuing a document at their national meeting in June in which they would tell Catholic pro-abortion politicians that they should not receive Communion.
    Archbishop Joseph Naumann of Kansas City, Kansas, who chairs the USCCB’s Committee on Pro-Life Activities, told AP, “Because President Biden is Catholic, it presents a unique problem for us. It can create confusion. … How can he say he’s a devout Catholic and he’s doing these things that are contrary to the church’s teaching?” The document would reportedly leave decisions on withholding Communion up to each bishop.


    On May 1, Salvatore Joseph Cordileone, Archbishop of San Francisco from where Pelosi hails, issued a statement in which he quoted extra-Biblical texts such as Didache: “You shall not murder a child by abortion nor kill that which is born,” as well as the Epistle of Barnabas: “You shall not kill the child by obtaining an abortion. Nor, again, shall you destroy him after he is born.”
    He continued:
    In the case of public figures who profess to be Catholic and promote abortion, we are not dealing with a sin committed in human weakness or a moral lapse: this is a matter of persistent, obdurate, and public rejection of Catholic teaching. … With regard to Catholics in public life who participate in abortion or seek to advance it through legislation or advocacy, precisely because these are actions of which many people are aware it introduces another consideration: scandal. The Catechism of the Catholic Church defines scandal as “an attitude or behavior which leads another to do evil” anyone who actively works to promote abortion shares some of the guilt for the abortions performed because of their actions.
    Our responsibility to the rest of the Catholic community is to assure them that the Church of Jesus Christ does take most seriously her mission to care for “the least of these,” as Our Lord has commanded us, and to correct Catholics who erroneously, and sometimes stubbornly, promote abortion. … Because we are dealing with public figures and public examples of cooperation in moral evil, this correction can also take the public form of exclusion from the reception of Holy Communion. As seen above, this discipline has been exercised throughout our history, going back to the New Testament. When other avenues are exhausted, the only recourse a pastor has left is the public medicine of temporary exclusion from the Lord’s Table. This is a bitter medicine, but the gravity of the evil of abortion can sometimes warrant it.


    On May 7, Luis Cardinal Ladaria, the prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith at the Vatican, wrote to Archbishop Jose Gomez of Los Angeles that a series of steps should be taken before any document was issued; first, the bishops should affirm as a Conference that “those who are directly involved in lawmaking bodies have a grave and clear obligation to oppose any law that attacks human life,” then local ordinaries “would reach out to and engage in dialogue with Catholic politicians within their jurisdictions who adopt a pro-choice position regarding abortion legislation, euthanasia, or other moral evils, as a means of understanding the nature of their positions and their comprehension of Catholic teaching.”
    That would entail “two stages of extensive and serene dialogue” before facing “the difficult task of discerning the best way forward for the Church in the United States to witness to the grave moral responsibility of Catholic public officials to protect human life at all stages.”
    He added, “Any statement of the Conference regarding Catholic political leaders would best be framed within the broad context of worthiness for the reception of Holy Communion on the part of all the faithful, rather than only one category of Catholic, reflecting their obligation to conform their lives to the entire Gospel of Jesus Christ as they prepare to receive the sacrament. … it would be misleading if such a statement were to give the impression that abortion and euthanasia alone constitute the only grave matters of Catholic moral and social teaching that demand the fullest level of accountability on the part of Catholics.”
    That last statement, in which Laderia apparently lumped abortion and euthanasia together with other supposed “grave matters,” seems to echo the “Seamless Garment” ethos initiated against the pro-life movement by Joseph Cardinal Bernardin in Dallas in 1976. EWTN noted: “In 1984, Cardinal Bernardin stated that although abortion and nuclear war should “be confronted as pieces of a larger pattern.”
    “Cardinal Bernardin himself attended several banquets to benefit Planned Parenthood contributors, and then criticized Cardinal John O’Connor’s pro-life efforts as being ‘inconsistent,” EWTN pointed out.
    EWTN opined:
    Pro-abortion and other Neoliberal groups, of course, couldn’t be happier with Cardinal Bernardin’s “Seamless Garment,” because with it, they could cloak themselves with a shroud of legitimacy and righteousness. Anti-life groups like “Catholics” for a Free Choice see the “Seamless Garment” as a Hell-sent, handy way of putting abortion at the bottom of everyone’s priority list, and even hopefully of burying the thorny and messy issue altogether. After all, if we relegate abortion to the back burner, nobody will attempt to violate the privacy of the baby-killers.

  9. #2909
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    4,497
    Rep Power
    134

    Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    BREAKING: Biden Kills Trump Order Honoring Hundreds In ‘Garden Of American Heroes’


    President Biden rescinded an order from former President Donald Trump Friday to build a “National Garden of American Heroes” to memorialize hundreds of influential Americans.
    “Biden just officially revoked the executive order for the ‘National Garden of American Heroes’ that Trump signed last year,” CNN’s Kevin Liptak tweeted.
    Trump announced plans to build the garden last year and rolled out over 200 names of famous Americans whose statues would fill the monument in January. The statue garden was one of Trump’s final initiatives before exiting the White House.

    The garden was to include Americans from every era of U.S. history from founding father Benjamin Franklin to longtime “Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek.
    “Across this Nation, belief in the greatness and goodness of America has come under attack in recent months and years by a dangerous anti-American extremism that seeks to dismantle our country’s history, institutions, and very identity. The heroes of 1776 have been desecrated, with statues of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin vandalized and toppled,” Trump said in his order. “The dead who gave their lives to end slavery and save the Union during the Civil War have been dishonored, with monuments to Abraham Lincoln, Hans Christian Heg, and the courageous 54th Regiment left damaged and disfigured. The brave warriors who saved freedom from Nazi fascism have been disgraced with a memorial to World War II veterans defaced with the hammer and sickle of Soviet communism.”
    “The National Garden is America’s answer to this reckless attempt to erase our heroes, values, and entire way of life. On its grounds, the devastation and discord of the moment will be overcome with abiding love of country and lasting patriotism. This is the American way,” it continued. “When the forces of anti-Americanism have sought to burn, tear down, and destroy, patriots have built, rebuilt, and lifted up. That is our history. America responded to the razing of the White House by building it back in the same place with unbroken resolve, to the murders of Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr., with a national temple and the Stone of Hope, and to the terrorism of 9/11 with a new Freedom Tower. In keeping with this tradition, America is responding to the tragic toppling of monuments to our founding generation and the giants of our past by commencing a new national project for their restoration, veneration, and celebration.”
    Trump signed the order in part to counter activists and rioters who had attacked in recent months statues honoring past Americans such as George Washington and Thomas Jefferson because they had owned slaves. He also signed the order to counter narratives about American history such as those pushed by The New York Times’ “1619 Project” claiming that the U.S. owes all progress to slavery, rather than its ideas of freedom and self-government.

    ,... the whole thing was sketchy filled with statues that the ex President selected. The project was never funded and the land was never purchased. In other words, an expensive, unnecessary pipe dream from a man of dubious moral qualities.

    ... if the ex President wants to pursue his vision he is more than free to purchase the land and build the statues WITH HIS OWN MONEY.

  10. #2910
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Free Mississippi
    Posts
    9,561
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ,... the whole thing was sketchy filled with statues that the ex President selected. The project was never funded and the land was never purchased. In other words, an expensive, unnecessary pipe dream from a man of dubious moral qualities.

    ... if the ex President wants to pursue his vision he is more than free to purchase the land and build the statues WITH HIS OWN MONEY.


    I already posted this yesterday His internet is REALLY REALLY SLOWWWWWWWWWWW

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here