Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

He's not sorry... but sorry he got caught! IS THIS an example of the Diversity Party?

Chuck Schumer refers to mentally-disabled homeless kids as 'retarded'

Chuck Schumer has raised eyebrows by referring to mentally disabled homeless children as 'retarded'.
    The Senate minority leader, who represents New York, was asked on a Sunday podcast about housing in New York City.
    Schumer, 70, told how he understood the complexities of social housing, and especially homeless shelters, thanks to previous experience.
    'I wanted to build, when I first was an assemblyman, they wanted to build a congregant living place for retarded children, and the whole neighborhood was against it,' he said.

Chuck Schumer has raised eyebrows by referring to mentally disabled homeless children as 'retarded'.
    The Senate minority leader, who represents New York, was asked on a Sunday podcast about housing in New York City.
    Schumer, 70, told how he understood the complexities of social housing, and especially homeless shelters, thanks to previous experience.
    'I wanted to build, when I first was an assemblyman, they wanted to build a congregant living place for retarded children, and the whole neighborhood was against it,' he said.
    'These are harmless kids. They just needed some help. We got it done, [but] it took a while.'
    Schumer's spokesman later acknowledged his word choice was 'inappropriate and outdated.'
    'For decades, Senator Schumer has been an ardent champion for enlightened policy and full funding of services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities,' the spokesperson told the Washington Examiner.
    'He used an inappropriate and outdated word in his description of an effort he supported that was led by the AHRC to build a group home in his Brooklyn district decades ago to provide housing and services to children with developmental disabilities.
    'He is sincerely sorry for his use of the outdated and hurtful language.'

Fury as Democrat Senator Chuck Schumer shockingly refers to homeless kids as '''retarded''' children

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ldren-retarded

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...125652326.html

Imagine if ANY conservative/Republican had said these hurtful words? Demands that they resign would have already be signed by everyone and sent to the Oval office for the suggested punishment.

Opppps another problem pops up about wind turbine technology.

Even After John Kerry Promised Plentiful Green Jobs, South Dakota Wind Turbine Plant Will Shut Down

Molded Fiber Glass will shut down its Aberdeen, South Dakota, plant in August despite the goals of the current administration to transition toward renewable energy.
    The company, which makes blades for wind turbines, announced last week that 300 jobs will be lost, KELO-TV reported.
    “The closure comes as a result of changes in market conditions, foreign competition and proposed revisions to tax policies impacting the wind energy industry in the United States,” the company said in a news release.

“MFG has been active in the wind energy industry since 1980. In addition to blades, the company manufactures wind turbine nacelles and spare parts at facilities in Texas and Alabama.
    “It also provides field and factory maintenance and repair services for wind blades. These businesses will not be negatively impacted by the South Dakota facility closure.”

South Dakota also recently dealt with President Joe Biden’s shutdown of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
    While the narrative perpetuated by most progressives is that renewable energy jobs will easily replace positions in the oil and gas industry, this development from Molded Fiber Glass does not help their case.
    “What President Biden wants to do is make sure those folks have better choices. … That they can be the people who go to work to make the solar panels,” Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry said in January.

Daily Caller

@DailyCaller

John Kerry is asked what his message would be to oil and gas workers who "see an end to their livelihoods": "What President Biden wants to do is make sure that those folks have better choices... That they can be the people to go to work to make the solar panels."

I wonder how much Denero Kerry sunk into that company? ( Psst.. you know the hear about all the bills and good deals from the companies...)

What Kerry and others might not understand is that the switch to wind and solar is not going to be foolproof, and the job market isn’t going to magically shift with the same people overnight.
    Despite these concerns, the administration recently touted its first competitive offshore wind-lease sale off the coast of New York and New Jersey.
    “Today’s announcement of new proposed lease stipulations puts a priority on creating and sustaining good-paying union jobs as we build a clean energy economy,” Interior Secretary Deb Haaland said, according to S&P Global.
    In a free-market economy, companies such as Molded Fiber Glass might decide that the best business decision is to exit a specific area, leaving workers without other jobs available nearby in the energy industry.

Progressives need to stop stamping a “guarantee” badge onto their promises of a climate friendly economy; they need a jobs-focused method.
    There is no way any body of government can certify that a specific region of the country will be able to adequately replace jobs lost in the industry with “better choices” without people getting brushed to the side in the process.
    The future of energy in America must be multifaceted in order to minimize damage to the workforce.

Biden administration, Gov. Newsom open California coast to offshore wind farms
    BRIAN MELLEY | ASSOCIATED PRESS | 11:37 pm EDT May 25, 2021

President Biden signed executive actions tied to combating climate change, including elevating climate change as a national security concern.
    STAFF VIDEO, USA TODAY
    LOS ANGELES — California and the U.S. government announced an agreement Tuesday to open up areas off the state’s central and northern coasts to the first commercial wind energy farms on the Pacific Coast.

The pact that would float hundreds of turbines off the coast of Morro Bay and Humboldt Bay was touted as a breakthrough to eventually power 1.6 million homes and help the state and federal government reach ambitious climate change goals through clean energy production.

“California, as we all know, has a world-class offshore wind resource, and it can play a major role in helping to accelerate California’s and the nation’s transition to clean energy,” National Climate Advisor Gina McCarthy said.

The plan includes floating 380 windmills across a nearly 400-square-mile (1,035-square-kilometer) expanse of sea 20 miles (32 kilometers) northwest of Morro Bay. The site could be finalized next month and could be put up for lease next year.

Hypocrite Biden... one rule for me another for thee.

Gov. Kristi Noem Skewers 'Hypocritical' Biden After White House Announces July 4 Plans

South Dakota Republican Gov. Kristi Noem said Tuesday she has resubmitted her request to set off fireworks at Mount Rushmore after the Biden administration announced an Independence Day celebration in Washington, D.C.
    Noem took to Twitter to call out President Joe Biden’s hypocrisy concerning his administration’s refusal to allow fireworks at the state’s top tourist destination despite launching similar plans for the nation’s capital.
    “Rules for thee but not for me…a long time favorite from the Democrat playbook. @joebiden, why are you being so hypocritical? You’re having your own personal fireworks show in DC, but South Dakotans are told no?” she said.

Kristi Noem

@KristiNoem

Rules for thee but not for me...a long time favorite from the Democrat playbook. @joebiden, why are you being so hypocritical? You’re having your own personal fireworks show in DC, but South Dakotans are told no?

A second post tweeted, “Given this hypocrisy, we will be resubmitting our request to hold our celebration at Mount Rushmore on July 3rd. Stay tuned!”

“By July the 4, there’s a good chance you, your families and friends will be able to get together in your backyard or in your neighborhood and have a cookout and a barbeque and celebrate Independence Day,” Biden had said as he marked the one-year anniversary of the pandemic on March 11, according to The Associated Press.

Joe I have been having cookouts and gatherings in my yard since the weather turned warmer.. Didn't ask for your or Gov. Pooper's permission. I will have fireworks on 7/4/21.. drop on by if you care to be in MAGA land.

“That doesn’t mean large events with lots of people together, but it does mean small groups will be able to get together,” he added.
    The National Park Service appears to have changed gears somewhat from Biden’s original statement, announcing fireworks will return to the National Mall for 2021.
    “This year’s display not only celebrates the 245th anniversary of American independence, but also marks an important step forward as the city emerges from the pandemic,” superintendent of National Mall and Memorial Parks Jeff Reinbold said in a statement, according to WRC-TV.

The outlet’s report also cautioned, “Anyone who is not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is asked to wear a mask. Everyone should wear a mask on public transportation under federal and D.C. regulations.”
    Noem has taken numerous actions to return fireworks to Mount Rushmore to celebrate Independence Day. But she has been shut down by the Biden administration or a federal court at seemingly every turn.

“Noem filed a lawsuit after the National Park Service rejected the state request for July 4th fireworks at the national monument,” according to KELO-TV.
    “On June 2, a federal judge ruled against the lawsuit,” it added.

A fireworks celebration was held on July 4 in 2020 at Mount Rushmore and included an appearance by then-President Donald Trump.
    In a letter from Noem to Biden in April, she accused the National Park Service of reneging on its Memorandum of Agreement to hold the event and noted that contact tracing did not find any cases linked to last year’s celebration at the monument.
    The park service is “unable to grant a request to have fireworks at the Memorial” this year, NPS Regional Director Herbert Frost originally wrote in a March letter to South Dakota’s tourism department, according to The Hill.
    “Potential risks to the park itself and to the health and safety of employees and visitors associated with the fireworks demonstration continue to be a concern and are still being evaluated as a result of the 2020 event,” Frost wrote.

Noem, a Republican, said the monument and fireworks are a natural partnership.
    “There is a long history of celebrations of American independence at Mount Rushmore National Memorial, including fireworks displays from 1998 to 2009 and again in 2020,” she said in the letter to Biden, though as of yet, her words have not convinced the administration to change course.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Hypocrite Biden... one rule for me another for thee.

Gov. Kristi Noem Skewers 'Hypocritical' Biden After White House Announces July 4 Plans

South Dakota Republican Gov. Kristi Noem said Tuesday she has resubmitted her request to set off fireworks at Mount Rushmore after the Biden administration announced an Independence Day celebration in Washington, D.C.
    Noem took to Twitter to call out President Joe Biden’s hypocrisy concerning his administration’s refusal to allow fireworks at the state’s top tourist destination despite launching similar plans for the nation’s capital.
    “Rules for thee but not for me…a long time favorite from the Democrat playbook. @joebiden, why are you being so hypocritical? You’re having your own personal fireworks show in DC, but South Dakotans are told no?” she said.

Kristi Noem

@KristiNoem

Rules for thee but not for me...a long time favorite from the Democrat playbook. @joebiden, why are you being so hypocritical? You’re having your own personal fireworks show in DC, but South Dakotans are told no?

A second post tweeted, “Given this hypocrisy, we will be resubmitting our request to hold our celebration at Mount Rushmore on July 3rd. Stay tuned!”

“By July the 4, there’s a good chance you, your families and friends will be able to get together in your backyard or in your neighborhood and have a cookout and a barbeque and celebrate Independence Day,” Biden had said as he marked the one-year anniversary of the pandemic on March 11, according to The Associated Press.

Joe I have been having cookouts and gatherings in my yard since the weather turned warmer.. Didn't ask for your or Gov. Pooper's permission. I will have fireworks on 7/4/21.. drop on by if you care to be in MAGA land.

“That doesn’t mean large events with lots of people together, but it does mean small groups will be able to get together,” he added.
    The National Park Service appears to have changed gears somewhat from Biden’s original statement, announcing fireworks will return to the National Mall for 2021.
    “This year’s display not only celebrates the 245th anniversary of American independence, but also marks an important step forward as the city emerges from the pandemic,” superintendent of National Mall and Memorial Parks Jeff Reinbold said in a statement, according to WRC-TV.

The outlet’s report also cautioned, “Anyone who is not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is asked to wear a mask. Everyone should wear a mask on public transportation under federal and D.C. regulations.”
    Noem has taken numerous actions to return fireworks to Mount Rushmore to celebrate Independence Day. But she has been shut down by the Biden administration or a federal court at seemingly every turn.

“Noem filed a lawsuit after the National Park Service rejected the state request for July 4th fireworks at the national monument,” according to KELO-TV.
    “On June 2, a federal judge ruled against the lawsuit,” it added.

A fireworks celebration was held on July 4 in 2020 at Mount Rushmore and included an appearance by then-President Donald Trump.
    In a letter from Noem to Biden in April, she accused the National Park Service of reneging on its Memorandum of Agreement to hold the event and noted that contact tracing did not find any cases linked to last year’s celebration at the monument.
    The park service is “unable to grant a request to have fireworks at the Memorial” this year, NPS Regional Director Herbert Frost originally wrote in a March letter to South Dakota’s tourism department, according to The Hill.
    “Potential risks to the park itself and to the health and safety of employees and visitors associated with the fireworks demonstration continue to be a concern and are still being evaluated as a result of the 2020 event,” Frost wrote.

Noem, a Republican, said the monument and fireworks are a natural partnership.
    “There is a long history of celebrations of American independence at Mount Rushmore National Memorial, including fireworks displays from 1998 to 2009 and again in 2020,” she said in the letter to Biden, though as of yet, her words have not convinced the administration to change course.
    Too sad Phil Yep you have to wear a Mask.
    Shouldn't be a problem
    Stop being a Baby

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Too sad Phil Yep you have to wear a Mask.
    Shouldn't be a problem
    Stop being a Baby
    It's not about me going to any one of those events.. It's about the Biden administration say NO to her request.
    I have my own fireworks/cookout...last year nobody was required to wear a mask ..and no one did. We had roughly 70 folks here.. no one had the shot (don't think anyone since has either) NO ONE came down with the Wuhan flu either.We partied till 0200hrs.
    Had sleeping bags .. tents .. tarps setup.
    Everyone turned in car keys when they showed up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

It's not about me going to any one of those events.. It's about the Biden administration say NO to her request.
    I have my own fireworks/cookout...last year nobody was required to wear a mask ..and no one did. We had roughly 70 folks here.. no one had the shot (don't think anyone since has either) NO ONE came down with the Wuhan flu either.We partied till 0200hrs.

... one of your militia gatherings where for fun you shoot things up?
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 06-16-2021 at 03:40 AM.

News Flash Genius Covid19 is contagious
    Last edited by bsm2; 06-16-2021 at 03:55 AM.