Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said Tuesday that he will vote in favor of advancing a sweeping election bill after striking a deal with Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on a compromise proposal.

Schumer, speaking to reporters after a closed-door caucus lunch, announced that he and Manchin had reached an agreement that will allow Democrats to be unified in support of advancing the For the People Act as it faces a 60-vote procedural hurdle.

"I'm pleased to report that Sen. Manchin and I have come to an agreement. He came to my office, oh, about two hours ago, and we worked it out," Schumer told reporters.

Under the deal, Manchin will provide a 50th Democratic vote on advancing the For the People Act, though it will still fail to overcome Tuesday's procedural hurdle because of a GOP filibuster that requires 60 votes. But being unified, Democrats hope, will keep the focus on GOP opposition to the bill.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said Tuesday that he will vote in favor of advancing a sweeping election bill after striking a deal with Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on a compromise proposal.

Under the deal, Manchin will provide a 50th Democratic vote on advancing the For the People Act <--(also known as the 'Destroying the Integrity of Elections Bill'), though it will still fail to overcome Tuesday's procedural hurdle because of a GOP filibuster that requires 60 votes. But being unified, Democrats hope, will keep the focus on GOP opposition to the bill.

The main line there!
    Why even go forward with a vote when you know it is 100% guaranteed to fail?
    What a waste of time!
    I thought Kamala was supposed to take the lead on this and "Get it done"......? The only thing she did was show up on the Floor (not on her knees this time), and broke the bad news that everyone already knew coming into the vote.

#KamalaIsInOverHerHead
    #TheyWontStealTheNextOne
    #VoterIDForAll
    Omertà

I hope that other states will jump on board with Florida, and teach our kids the ACTUAL history of our country, the evils of communism, and how to be responsible citizens.
    My state already (still) teaches these things, and has been for a long time, and is on track to ban CRT in our schools. I believe this helps our youth to better comprehend the realities of life, and gives them a "leg up" in everyday life.
    These democrat cities and liberal school systems that are walking away from Traditional History/ Civics courses, and promoting CRT and "Wokeness", are literally sabotaging their youth's chances at succeeding in life.

FL Gov. Ron DeSantis Signs Civics Bill Requiring Students to Learn Evils of ‘Communism, Totalitarian Ideologies’

“It’s crucial to ensure that we teach our students how to be responsible citizens,” DeSantis said during a press conference at a Fort Myers middle school, reported News4Jax. “They need to have a good working knowledge of American history, American government and the principles that underline our Constitution and Bill of Rights.”

The sad reality is that only two in five Americans can correctly name the three branches of government, and more than a third of Americans cannot name any of the rights guaranteed by the First Amendment. It is abundantly clear that we need to do a much better job of educating our students in civics to prepare them for the rest of their lives.
    Omertà

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Biden's Woke Military: Nellis Air Force Base Hosts First-Ever Drag Queen Show

I’ll say this much: When it comes to entertaining our troops, we’ve come a long way from the Bob Hope USO show.
    Sure, there was something staid about Old Ski Nose swinging his golf club around, telling our men in uniform, “I don’t do a lot of political jokes — too many of them are getting elected.” Tee hee.
    I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I’m with Eddie Murphy on this one: “Over the past 50 years, Bob Hope employed 88 joke writers who supplied him with more than one million gags, and he still couldn’t make me laugh.” (I except the “Road to [insert place here]” movies he did with Bing Crosby.)
    I concede that Hope’s USO visits were part of an entertainment regimen that was “essential to the morale, cohesion, and readiness of the military.” I also concede the times, they have a’changed. However, I think Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada may be stretching the definition of entertainment that’s “essential to the morale, cohesion, and readiness of the military” when those words are used in reference to a drag queen show.
    According to Breitbart, the base, on the outskirts of Las Vegas, hosted such a shindig earlier this month at an on-base dining and entertainment venue.

An advertisement posted on social media by user @BravoKiloActual, a self-described veteran and podcaster, proclaimed “Drag-U-Nellis: Class is in Session” featured special appearances by “RuPaul’s Drag Race” contestants Coco Montrese and Alexis Mateo as well as 2018 Miss Gay Missouri first alternate MaKena Knight. (Coco was also the winner of the 2010 Miss Gay America pageant, it’s worth noting. Or perhaps not, but now you know.)
    “Discover the significance of Drag in the LGBT+ community,” the advertisement read.

“Maybe some of our military ‘journalists’ can call them up and ask them about this,” @BravoKiloActual wrote, along with the rolled-eyes-smirk emoji.
    Someone at Breitbart apparently did contact the base, and Nellis officials confirmed the event happened.
    “Nellis Air Force Base and the 99th Air Base Wing hosted its first-ever drag show Thursday, June 17, at the Nellis Club. The event was sponsored by a private organization and provided an opportunity for attendees to learn more about the history and significance of drag performance art within the LGBT+ community,” the base said in an emailed statement.
    There was more:
    “Ensuring our ranks reflect and are inclusive of the American people is essential to the morale, cohesion, and readiness of the military. Nellis Air Force Base is committed to providing and championing an environment that is characterized by equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion.”

Biden is allowing faggots to infiltrate every portion of our government/society .. this is disgusting.

The drag queen event was sponsored by the Nellis Top III — which, according to the description on its private Facebook page, is designed to “enhance the morale, esprit de corps, of all enlisted personnel assigned to the Wing and to facilitate cooperation between members of the top three enlisted grades.”
    The Nellis Club, meanwhile, is described on the Nellis Force Support Squadron website as “a consolidated club offering a versatile dining and entertainment experience for all its members.”
    “We now serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a midnight meal from Mon – Fri as well as brunch, dinner, and a midnight meal on Sat, Sun, Holidays, and Family Days. All meals are open to Essential Meal Card Holders! There is something for everyone to enjoy here at your Nellis Club, come give us a try,” the page read as of Tuesday morning.
    And to think:

Gooner T

@Redleg94

Replying to @BravoKiloActual and @NellisAFBDressing in drag was once a tactic to get discharged for being mentally unfit for service.

I’m not suggesting we go back to the days of Cpl. Klinger and “M*A*S*H”-era attitudes about LGBT individuals, but there’s a happy medium between that and this.
    Last month, the Army released a bad-viral cartoon advertisement featuring Cpl. Emma Malonelord describing how her journey “begins in California with a little girl raised by two moms,” followed by scenes from an LGBT march and a lesbian wedding. Social media commentator Pardes Seleh went viral herself by comparing it with a Russian military advertisement:

Pardes Seleh

@PardesSeleh

Russian army ad vs US army ad 2021

https://twitter.com/i/status/1395093475230724103

This isn’t to say that Cpl. Malonelord isn’t serving her country with honor, or that men who like to wear women’s clothes have not served with distinction. Even if Russia is a less-tolerant nation than the United States in these respects, I have no doubt soldiers who have “two mothers” or who like to dress as drag queens in their off-duty hours have served the military with distinction there, too.
    I also have no doubt that troops need to be entertained in both countries. The difference is that Russia, even if it developed a more tolerant culture, probably wouldn’t come to the conclusion that educating soldiers about the “history and significance of drag performance art within the LGBT+ community” was “essential to the morale, cohesion, and readiness of the military.” In fact, it might conclude it’s actually a detriment to all of those goals.
    President Joe Biden’s new woke military doesn’t seem to get the point of the military isn’t social engineering but defending the country. If this kind of thing continues, it’s going to learn some hard lessons in the perceptions and realities of that wokeness.

Kamala Harris to make first trip to the border as vice president this week

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Kamala Harris to make first trip to the border as vice president this week
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    All it took to finally get her ass down there was for Good Ol' Trump to come out and say he would be going down there!
    HAHAHAHA!!!!
    Can't let the bAd OrAnGe MaN make them look bad.....again!
    HAHAHA!!!

Wonder how they'll try to convince people that there's "no crisis" going on at the border.

#KamalaIsInOverHerHead
    #BidenBrokeTheBorder
    #FailedAdministration
    Omertà

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    All it took to finally get her ass down there was for Good Ol' Trump to come out and say he would be going down there!
    HAHAHAHA!!!!
    Can't let the bAd OrAnGe MaN make them look bad.....again!
    HAHAHA!!!

Wonder how they'll try to convince people that there's "no crisis" going on at the border.

#KamalaIsInOverHerHead
    #BidenBrokeTheBorder
    #FailedAdministration
    Hahahahaha NO Crisis at the border No Vote Fraud Sorry

Yep Still LOST

Carnival Corporation has announced plans to resume cruise operations for eight of its brands in the United States, the Caribbean and Europe.

The sailings involve the return of 42 ships by November 30, 2021, representing a little over half of the company’s total global fleet of 91 ships. Guest operations will resume using a “gradual, phased-in approach” and initial cruises will take place with “enhanced health protocols developed in conjunction with government and health authorities, and informed by guidance from the company’s public health, epidemiological and policy experts,” Carnival Corp. said.

Brands returning include AIDA Cruises, Carnival Cruise Line, Costa Cruises, Cunard, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, P&O Cruises (UK) and Seabourn.

“For all of our brands, our highest responsibility and top priorities are always compliance, environmental protection, and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, our shipboard and shoreside employees, and the communities we visit,” said Roger Frizzell, chief communications officer for Carnival Corporation. “We are excited to see eight of our world-leading cruise line brands sailing this summer, and to date, we’ve announced over half of our capacity returning by the end of the fiscal year, as we work to meet significant pent-up demand for cruising and get back to what we do best – serving our guests with one of the world’s most popular vacations.”