Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Ratings Come in for Biden’s Townhall, and it’s Downright Humiliating

CNN had only 1.46 million viewers, behind both Fox News and MSNBC. That is down more than 50% compared to the February CNN event that drew 3.5 million viewers.

CNN’s Joe Biden Town Hall Trails Fox News, MSNBC In Total Viewers – Deadline

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Ratings Come in for Biden’s Townhall, and it’s Downright Humiliating

CNN had only 1.46 million viewers, behind both Fox News and MSNBC. That is down more than 50% compared to the February CNN event that drew 3.5 million viewers.

CNN’s Joe Biden Town Hall Trails Fox News, MSNBC In Total Viewers – Deadline
    Another shitshow from Biden. His brain is QUICKLY going down the shitter and kamaltoe doesn't have the ratings to take his place.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Another shitshow from Biden. His brain is QUICKLY going down the shitter and kamaltoe doesn't have the ratings to take his place.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    ... said the toad to the frog.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I love peaches

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

... please tell me more from your right wing fantasy about trying to dig up ghosts from the past in a far away European country!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The shining city upon a hill- I guess Biden proves the saying correct. Shit runs downhill.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

600,000 American's died of Covid due to Trump's inept handling of this pandemic, but 700,000 people died of AIDs and Uncle Ronnie wouldn't even say the word AIDs. Reagan made a deal with the Iranian terrorists to keep American's hostage, he sold drugs to buy guns and promote war around the world and only William Barr saved him from going to jail for his crimes.

When it comes to being a rotten president, Reagan makes Trump look like a piker.

Cops blame Trump, Republicans for allegedly inspiring and then downplaying Jan. 6 Capitol attack

Officers want committee to dig into Trump and Republicans' culpability in inspiring and downplaying Jan. 6 attack

Four police officers who defended the Capitol from the pro-Trump mob that invaded it on Jan. 6 criticized the former president and Republicans who are loyal to him for allegedly inspiring and then downplaying the attack.
    They asked members of the House select committee investigating the events of that day to get to the bottom of their culpability.

The officers made the comments before a panel with no hostile questioners. Republicans pulled all of their appointees to the committee after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., blocked two of them for being too closely aligned with Trump.

The fact the only Republicans on the committee – Reps. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., and Liz Cheney, R-Wyo. – were selected by Pelosi made for a hearing with little dissent or fireworks. But with graphic body camera video and emotional testimony, the hearing was still gripping and at times jarring television.

"The mob of terrorists were coordinating their efforts… shouting ‘heave, ho,’ as they synchronized pushing their weight forward crushing me further against the metal doorframe," Hodges said. "A man in front of me grabbed my baton… he bashed me in the head and face with it, rupturing my lip and adding additional injury to my skull."

MPD Officer Michael Fanone, meanwhile, detailed how he was "electrocuted again and again and again with a taser. I am sure I was screaming, but I don't think I could hear my own voice."

At least two lawmakers – Kinzinger and Rep. Adam Schiff, R-Ill. – were choked up listening to the officers' testimony.

U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) Private First Class Harry Dunn talked about how the attackers hurled the N-word at him. USCP Sergeant Aquilino Gonell meanwhile emphasized that the mob "was not Antifa. It wat not Black Lives Matter. It was not the FBI. It was [Trump's] supporters that he sent them over to the Capitol that day."

On what he would like the committee to accomplish, Fanone said he wanted it to dig beyond the security failures at the Capitol and the USCP budget – ground he said has already been covered – and ask more fundamental questions.

"While I understand there have been investigations [on] the events of Jan. 6, my understanding is that those have addressed some of the micro-level concerns," he said.

"We had violent political rhetoric. We had the organization of a rally whose title was ‘Stop the Steal’ and that rally occurred on Jan. 6, which I don't believe was a coincidence," he continued. "The circumstances of that rhetoric and those events leads in the direction of our president and other members... of Congress and the Senate."

Fanone added: "What I am looking for is an investigation into those actions... and also whether there was collaboration between those members, their staff, and these terrorists."