Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    The richest gold mine in the USA was sold to China by Harry Reid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Top 10 biggest gold mines in the US in 2020
    Mine Major owner / operator
    1 Carlin Trend Barrick
    2 Cortez Barrick
    3 Turquoise Ridge Barrick
    4 Round Mountain Kinross

Both Barrick & Kinross are Canadian companies.

Harry Reid retired from politics in 2017.

The richest gold mine in the USA was sold to China by Harry Reid.

And Mary had a little lamb
    Nevada Milling and Mining for $1.7 million richest gold mine 1.7 million another failed math student and Nevada Milling is not in China

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Whoever is running this shitshow, should be left hanging there for 36 hrs.
    Then stripped of rank n privileges.

This was a deal made by the Trump admin. They even let the Taliban pick and choose who they wanted to be released from prison. In an ironic twist the RNC took down its page about the "historic peace deal" they made with the Taliban over the weekend.

This was going to be a mess no matter who was POTUS. This lays at the feet of Bush, Obama, Trump, and Biden, they all bear some responsibility. The ONLY successful military campaigns that have ever worked is when we leave an occupying force. We have learned nothing from Vietnam or the multiple attempts at troop withdrawals from Iraq.

To those who say we should have destroyed the weapons and equipment ,,,,,wtf are you talking about ? If I give you a gun, train you how to use it, then go home AND TAKE THE GUN, how are you expected to defend yourself ?! Americans should not be laying down their lives when the Afghan people will not do the same. We have spent enough blood and capital.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    This was a deal made by the Trump admin. They even let the Taliban pick and choose who they wanted to be released from prison. In an ironic twist the RNC took down its page about the "historic peace deal" they made with the Taliban over the weekend.

This was going to be a mess no matter who was POTUS. This lays at the feet of Bush, Obama, Trump, and Biden, they all bear some responsibility. The ONLY successful military campaigns that have ever worked is when we leave an occupying force. We have learned nothing from Vietnam or the multiple attempts at troop withdrawals from Iraq.

To those who say we should have destroyed the weapons and equipment ,,,,,wtf are you talking about ? If I give you a gun, train you how to use it, then go home AND TAKE THE GUN, how are you expected to defend yourself ?! Americans should not be laying down their lives when the Afghan people will not do the same. We have spent enough blood and capital.

I'm curious if you ever place blame on Biden?

There's runaway inflation.
    High gas prices. (Biden just asked OPEC to pump more oil after cutting our supply)
    Surrender to the Taliban
    Extreme rise in crime across the country.

Those are just the ones that popped in my head. Do you place blame on Biden for any?
    Growth is found only in adversity.

PS -

It's interesting to me that Biden is getting killed by the liberal press over his handling of Afghanistan. I didn't think that they had it in them but they are killing him. So are other world leaders. This has badly damaged Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I'm curious if you ever place blame on Biden?

There's runaway inflation.
    High gas prices. (Biden just asked OPEC to pump more oil after cutting our supply)
    Surrender to the Taliban
    Extreme rise in crime across the country.

Those are just the ones that popped in my head. Do you place blame on Biden for any?
    ... run away inflation is caused by COVID disrupting global logistics disrupting the economy. Are you trying to blame President Biden for rising prices in the copier/ printer business?
    ... high gas prices. Prices always rise in the summer plus US prices are too low anyway. Prices are way higher everywhere elsewhere in the world.
    ... only the Afghan army and gov't surrendered to the Taliban. The US gov't ended it's mission as stated and promised.
    ... the only extreme rise in crime are the one's sensationalized by the media.

President Biden is still trying to deal with the problems caused by the ex President and the flunky media that supported him for corporate profit.

Overall, the economy is up and unemployment is down in the midst of a growing COVID-19D pandemic made worse solely by the unvaccinated.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

PS -

It's interesting to me that Biden is getting killed by the liberal press over his handling of Afghanistan. I didn't think that they had it in them but they are killing him. So are other world leaders. This has badly damaged Biden.

Maybe he should have left the troops there a little longer. It may have helped, it may not have. Eventually the buck HAS to stop at the Afghan government and people. If you just lie down and let the Taliban run roughshod through your country aren't you at least a little to blame??
    We have been there for 2 decades holding the line. In just a week after leaving the Taliban have the entire country. I find it difficult to lay the blame on one person.

PS -

... the liberal media is saying there was never going to be a nice, clean way out of Afghanistan. Yes, it is disappointing that after 20 years, many casualties and two trillion dollars that a better outcome did not occur. What exactly do you think the ex President would have done better?

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... the liberal media is saying there was never going to be a nice, clean way out of Afghanistan. Yes, it is disappointing that after 20 years, many casualties and two trillion dollars that a better outcome did not occur. What exactly do you think the ex President would have done better?

The liberal media is saying MUCH more than that. Here's an example from Politico:

Disbelief and betrayal: Europe reacts to Biden’s Afghanistan ‘miscalculation’

BERLIN — Until Sunday, Europe thought Joe Biden was an expert on foreign policy.

Now, the American president’s decision to allow Afghanistan to collapse into the arms of the Taliban has European officials worried he has unwittingly accelerated what his predecessor Donald Trump started: the degradation of the Western alliance and everything it is supposed to stand for in the world.

Across Europe, officials have reacted with a mix of disbelief and a sense of betrayal. Even those who cheered Biden’s election and believed he could ease the recent tensions in the transatlantic relationship said they regarded the withdrawal from Afghanistan as nothing short of a mistake of historic magnitude.

Joe is getting smashed by the liberal media. This is a serious problem for him whether you believe it or not.

More from the Politico Article:

“I say this with a heavy heart and with horror over what is happening, but the early withdrawal was a serious and far-reaching miscalculation by the current administration,” said Norbert Röttgen, chairman of the German parliament’s foreign relations committee. “This does fundamental damage to the political and moral credibility of the West.”

Röttgen, a senior member of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s Christian Democrats, is no flamethrower. He has known Biden for decades and was optimistic about his prospects.

While Merkel has avoided direct criticism of Biden, behind the scenes she has made it clear that she considered the hasty withdrawal a mistake.

“For those who believed in democracy and freedom, especially for women, these are bitter events,” she told a meeting with officials from her party late Monday, according to German media reports.

In the U.K., which like Germany supported the U.S. engagement in Afghanistan from the beginning, the sentiment was similar. “Afghanistan is the biggest foreign policy disaster since Suez. We need to think again about how we handle friends, who matters and how we defend our interests,” tweeted Tom Tugendhat, the Conservative chair of the U.K. parliament’s foreign affairs committee.

At a time when some European leaders, including French President Emmanuel Macron, have been pushing for the bloc to pursue a security policy less dependent on America, Afghanistan is bound to be used as evidence for why “strategic autonomy” is necessary.