Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    With that kind of idiotic logic, we should ban corvette's and porche's. They are not designed for every day driving. The are designed to break the speed limit 3x over and cars have been used as a terrorist weapon.

Clearly your a Bigger Rookie with firearms as well

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Or to protect themselves and their neighbors from BLM, ANTIFA and other terrorist groups. The only one that could be concerned a "Military weapon" is the one the Congressman is holding and then only if it is an actual M60 Machine Gun and not a replica. Contrary to the Rambo movies might depict, the M60 is not an assault weapon and unlike its replacement the M249 it does not use magazines. It is a belt fed weapon. With the exception of the grease gun being held by the young lady in the center of the front, all the other rifles are legal hunting rifles. In all likely hood they have all been through multiple NRA safety courses and the Kentucky hunter safety course, require in order to have a hunting license in most states now.

When I was growing up such family portraits were quite common.

U.S. M60 Machine Gun Replica - AtlanticFirearms.com
    ... is not the Congressman holding a M60 SAW? "The M60 was a mobile general-purpose machine gun, intended to be carried by troops to provide heavy automatic fire" ... to be used for hunting?... people? Made famous in the Vietnam war movie "Full Metal Jacket".

Front right is a Thompson sub machine gun originally designed to break the deadlock of trench warfare and made famous by gangsters during the Prohibition era and US troops during WWII. Never designed to hunt game only kill people.

... I showed my wife this picture. She was horrified that this could be a Xmas family picture and even more horrified that this could voluntarily come from a politician. She said "what is wrong with these people".

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post

... I showed my wife this picture. She was horrified that this could be a Xmas family picture and even more horrified that this could voluntarily come from a politician. She said "what is wrong with these people".

She sounds a lot like you. You should file for a divorce immediately.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Sorry slim an Ar 15 is NOT a Hunting rifle and if you need this much to protect yourself your in dipSHIT Move ASAP if you need more than 10 rounds to protect yourself your in deepSHIT. Using a rifle inside your home is ridiculous as the round will through walls into your neighbors home
    Oh quite the contrary. It is quite often used for hunting. The 5.56 version is an excellent varmint rifle as is the 220 Swift, also a semi automatic .22 caliber rifle. The larger caliber rifles in the 7.62 range are all excellent deer rifles. Hand guns are great for close quarters but when terrorist groups like BLM attack you need something with which you can reach out and touch someone before they get close enough to set your neighborhood on fire. You can sit in your basement and wait for them to come pull you out screaming and crying but I prefer to be prepared to defend myself. And in doing so plus living in a community where the majority are also prepared, I greatly reduce the likely hood that I will ever have to.

Oh quite the contrary. It is quite often used for hunting. The 5.56 version is an excellent varmint rifle as is the 220 Swift, also a semi automatic .22 caliber rifle. The larger caliber rifles in the 7.62 range are all excellent deer rifles. Hand guns are great for close quarters but when terrorist groups like BLM attack you need something with which you can reach out and touch someone before they get close enough to set your neighborhood on fire. You can sit in your basement and wait for them to come pull you out screaming and crying but I prefer to be prepared to defend myself. And in doing so plus living in a community where the majority are also prepared, I greatly reduce the likely hood that I will ever have to.
    afraid little boi when was the last BLM attack?
    Who's the leader? where they're HQ?
    where are THEY?

Yep in your brain Sorry in your little head yep the lower head

.22 is a varmint round not a 5.56 round that round is specifically selected by the US Military for one purpose.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... is not the Congressman holding a M60 SAW? "The M60 was a mobile general-purpose machine gun, intended to be carried by troops to provide heavy automatic fire" ... to be used for hunting?... people? Made famous in the Vietnam war movie "Full Metal Jacket".

There is no such thing as an M60 SAW. The US Squad Automatic Weapon, SAW, was the M249. It is a 5.56 and is based on the M16. It has been modified to be able to use belt feed as well as the 30 round magazine used with the M16. It is considerably lighter in weight than the M60 can be easily be shoulder fired when used with magazines. It can be fired full automatic as opposed to the models of the M16 and M4 currently use by the US military which can only fire semi automatic and 3 round burst. The weapon pictured is an M60, not a SAW. I have fired both and know the difference in appearance.

Front right is a Thompson sub machine gun originally designed to break the deadlock of trench warfare and made famous by gangsters during the Prohibition era and US troops during WWII. Never designed to hunt game only kill people.

Yes and the popular nick name for the Thompson sub machine gun was the grease gun. Great for spraying the countryside but absolutely useless if you want to hit a specific target accurately.

Fully expected form a citizen of the country that the Vietnam draft dodgers ran to.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    That's your opinion. I've never owned a gun in my life but living in the south I know PLENTY of people in which guns were passed down for generations and are owned with pride and family history.

Moreover, shooting is a sport much like golf, bowling, ect. There's nothing wrong with it. Most liberals just hate guns. I'm not necessarily talking about you but most do.
    Owning and using firearms is not the issue. Displaying them like trophies is a little ridiculous and seems kinda sick. They're tools.

[/SIZE]
    There is no such thing as an M60 SAW. The US Squad Automatic Weapon, SAW, was the M249. It is a 5.56 and is based on the M16. It has been modified to be able to use belt feed as well as the 30 round magazine used with the M16. It is considerably lighter in weight than the M60 can be easily be shoulder fired when used with magazines. It can be fired full automatic as opposed to the models of the M16 and M4 currently use by the US military which can only fire semi automatic and 3 round burst. The weapon pictured is an M60, not a SAW. I have fired both and know the difference in appearance.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Yes and the popular nick name for the Thompson sub machine gun was the grease gun. Great for spraying the countryside but absolutely useless if you want to hit a specific target accurately.

[SIZE=4]

Fully expected form a citizen of the country that the Vietnam draft dodgers ran to.
    I'm not sure who SSG was quoting BUT if it was his own knowledge or a MSM expert, they need to go to school Thanks Prof. Tim!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Owning and using firearms is not the issue. Displaying them like trophies is a little ridiculous and seems kinda sick. They're tools.
    If I had a gold plated 50cal Desert Eagle damn right I'd have it displayed right there with my dad's WWII American Standard 38cal and my 1943 Mosin Nagant 762.54r.
    I take pride in my history.religion.country.family.skills.weapons.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    NO! You are the fool for not recognizing what used to be tradition. Maybe not in forever liberal Canada but here in the United States it was. Especially in rural areas where patriotism ruled.