Page 14 of 1627 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324641145141014 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

President Joe Biden spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday, the first phone call between the two since Biden took office last week, the White House confirmed.

"President Biden made clear that the United States will act firmly in defense of its national interests in response to actions by Russia that harm us or our allies," the White House said in a statement. "The two presidents agreed to maintain transparent and consistent communication going forward."

Biden discussed a five-year extension to New START, the strategic arms reduction treaty, "agreeing to have their teams work urgently to complete the extension by February 5," the White House said. Biden also reaffirmed the U.S.'s "firm support for Ukraine’s sovereignty," raised concerns over the Solar Winds hack on the federal government that has been linked by U.S. officials to Russia, and media reports of Russia placing bounties on U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan.

In addition, Biden raised the issue of 2020 election interference and the poisoning of Russian opposition leader Alexey Navalny.

... President Biden made it clear that Russia will no longer be permitted to control the narrative on global affairs. The ex-President was perceived too often as being sympathetic to Russia's attempts to undermine the USA.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

So, after all the talk of Russia by liberal democrats, they get off with a stern warning. I'm sure Putin is shaking in his shoes. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    So, after all the talk of Russia by liberal democrats, they get off with a stern warning. I'm sure Putin is shaking in his shoes. LOL
    ... stay tuned. Sanctions are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... stay tuned. Sanctions are coming.

Cool. How long is this gonna take? I need to know. Just a general timeframe is all I need.

Cool. How long is this gonna take? I need to know. Just a general timeframe is all I need.
    President Biden will let you know when he is ready. Diplomacy does not play outfirst in the media.

President Biden will let you know when he is ready. Diplomacy does not play outfirst in the media.

Trump imposed 52 sanctions on Russia. Perhaps you need to read them

Link:

On the record: The U.S. administration’s actions on Russia

Trump imposed 52 sanctions on Russia. Perhaps you need to read them

Link:

On the record: The U.S. administration’s actions on Russia
    ... old news.

"Alina Polyakova and Filippos Letsas tracked the administration’s concrete actions on Russia from 2017 to 2019".

In 2020, Russia put bounties on US troops, attacked US infrastructure via the Solar Winds hack and tried once again to influence the US 2020 election.

... I admit I did not know about many items on this list.

... old news.

"Alina Polyakova and Filippos Letsas tracked the administration’s concrete actions on Russia from 2017 to 2019".

In 2020, Russia put bounties on US troops, attacked US infrastructure via the Solar Winds hack and tried once again to influence the US 2020 election.

Fine. Biden needs to get to stepping on the new Russian sanctions. I await with eager anticipation. I predict he won't do much of anything other than make liberal headlines for doing "something." Liberals aren't exactly known for being tough on our enemies. Unless you consider Obama shipping billions in cash to Iran in the dead of the night as being "tough."

What did Trump do to Iran? He killed their top general who is responsible for more terrorism than anyone in the world.

Fine. Biden needs to get to stepping on the new Russian sanctions. I await with eager anticipation. I predict he won't do much of anything other than make liberal headlines for doing "something." Liberals aren't exactly known for being tough on our enemies. Unless you considering Obama shipping billions of cash to Iran in the dead of the night as being "tough."
    Obama unfroze Iranian assets in the USA in exchange for their signing the Nuclear agreement with the USA. No new US $ were spent.

Obama unfroze Iranian assets in the USA in exchange for their signing the Nuclear agreement with the USA. No new US $ were spent.

Sounds like pay for play to me. Desperate men do desperate things and Obama was desperate to get the deal done. That's not how it should work. Foolish.