Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... I suspect that an offshore wind turbine technician will get paid even more. Perhaps transported by helicopter. I am well familiar with supporting oil rigs by helicopter.

I have one customer that operates a helicopter crash test (mandatory for all off shore workers) facility. They strap you into a helicopter in an indoor facility and crash you into a swimming pool. Not every worker is willing to do that therefore higher pay for those who do.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Wind turbines, according to a bevy of ex-Technicians, construction companies, and others, will never make enough energy to offset the cost and pollution it takes to erect and maintain the units!
    And even when a unit is retired, the cost and pollution to dismantle it far exceeds the “clean energy” it was supposed to produce! Not to mention what they do with all the turbine blades (buried underground to remain for centuries)!
    SMFH!
    Just the cost and Pollution to MAINTAIN the existing rigs should be enough to dissuade any country from building them.
    A HUGE waste of time, money, and resources, and a HUGE cost when it comes to pollution!
    C’mon Man! You know the Thing!
    Omertŕ

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    .... America is facing an immediate shortage of skilled welders. A lot of US manufacturing is bottlenecked by lack of workers in this very in demand trade.

The big infrastructure projects planned for 2021 will be hampered by the lack of certified welders.

A lot of people are expecting exploding growth in the USA in Q2 due to both pent up COVID demand and a retooling of American priorities to meet the new green economy led by President Biden.
    provide PROOF of your statement about lack of welders.

and IF it is true that is because the left and universities are pushing kids into college with a dead end job in their future.

Mike Rowe is a classic example of pushing kids into TRADE SCHOOL. A good welder can earn upwards of 150,000$/yr. But to listen to educators the only was to make good money is to go to college.

I've never seen a basket weaver or SJW make that kind of money.

Mike Rowe on College and Trade Schools

Trade Schools – Mike Rowe

Nice Job Forbes – Top 25 2-Year Trade Schools – Mike Rowe

0 to 4 on Facts
    Time to give up it's embarrassing

In 2016, Nebraska had 1,335 MW of installed wind power generation capacity, producing 10.1% of the electricity generated in-state.[4] This increased to a capacity of 2,142 MW and a 19.92% of generation in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Wind turbines, according to a bevy of ex-Technicians, construction companies, and others, will never make enough energy to offset the cost and pollution it takes to erect and maintain the units!
    And even when a unit is retired, the cost and pollution to dismantle it far exceeds the “clean energy” it was supposed to produce! Not to mention what they do with all the turbine blades (buried underground to remain for centuries)!
    SMFH!
    Just the cost and Pollution to MAINTAIN the existing rigs should be enough to dissuade any country from building them.
    A HUGE waste of time, money, and resources, and a HUGE cost when it comes to pollution!
    and not to mention the fossil fuels needed to LUBE the turbines constantly .

then there's the damage to wild life that are affected by the electrical fields they generate and the birds getting killed by flying into the blades.

I thought liberals like the Sierra Club so were soooo worried about the environment and wildlife?

oh what a web we weave when we try to deceive!

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!
    SMFH!

SSG tends to get overly excited any time he hears about some liberal policy. Often times what looks good in a spending bill simply doesn't translate in the real world. SSG has a habit of not being able to differentiate between what's written on a piece of paper and the real world.

I tried to explain this to him when he first talked about Trudeau procuring enough vaccine for every person in Canada. I tried to tell him that Canada would end up being at the back of the line as other countries would vaccinate their own first.

I don't really blame him for jumping the gun on clean energy. This has been a dream of liberals for many years. He'll catch on as it doesn't go as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    0 to 4 on Facts
    Time to give up it's embarrassing

In 2016, Nebraska had 1,335 MW of installed wind power generation capacity, producing 10.1% of the electricity generated in-state.[4] This increased to a capacity of 2,142 MW and a 19.92% of generation in 2019.
    so what your saying is under Trump they ramped up service and output..

glad to see you admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    so what your saying is under Trump they ramped up service and output..

glad to see you admit it.
    Apparently like most smart states they just disregarded The Trump Administration anti wind policy.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Still 0 to 4 on facts but keep trying this is FUN
    Your learning everyday
    Last edited by bsm2; 04-04-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Democratic Senator Openly Admits Plan to Racially Discriminate

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) is being called out for her Tuesday comments about the White House nominees being sent by President Job Biden. The senator said that she believed the nominees were racist and bigoted, according to The Daily Wire.
    “I am a no vote on the floor, on all non-diversity nominees,” Duckworth said. “You know, I will vote for racial minorities and I will vote for LGBTQ. But anybody else I’m not voting for.”
    “To be told that, ‘Well, you have Kamala Harris, we’re very proud of her, you don’t need anybody else’ is insulting… last night, that was the trigger for me,” Duckworth said. “But multiple times I’ve heard that. And that’s not something you would say to the black caucus, ‘Well, you have Kamala, we’re not going to put any more African-Americans in the cabinet because you have Kamala.’”
    The senator was immediately called out by multiple publications for her racist comments, including The New York Post who reported that “Duckworth said she made her decision after White House deputy chief of staff Jennifer O’Malley Dillon made an ‘incredibly insulting’ remark Monday evening after Biden spoke on a webcast with Senate Democrats.”
    “Dillon, Biden’s 2020 campaign manager, allegedly suggested to Duckworth that Asian-Americans should be content with Vice President Kamala Harris’ role. Harris is biracial; her mother was born in India and her father is black and from Jamaica.”
    Duckworth’s comments made more than a little stir among activists and her fellow lawmakers and alike.
    Patrice Lee Onwuka, director of Independent Women’s Forum, responded to Duckworth’s remarks by writing: “This is disgusting. I am a black woman and I don’t believe that senators should approve or deny cabinet nominees based on their skin color. That is not progress but racism.”
    Seattle-based right-leaning political commentator Jason Rantz wrote:
    “When you’re a Democrat, you’re encouraged to tokenize people and shout your racism and bigotry.”
    “Duckworth is a vile disgusting bigot, a disgrace to the country, and a blathering moron on top of it. But at least she’s honest about it,” Daily Wire podcast host Matt Walsh wrote. “She should be removed from the senate for her professed racism. Also because she’s an incompetent goon.”
    And Ben Shapiro, Daily Wire Editor Editor in Chief and radio host, responded to Duckworth’s remarks by tweeting: “This is called racism.”
    Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) also weighed in according to the Daily Wire, saying “Remember when ‘I won’t support someone because of their skin color’ used to be racist?”
    Sen. Tom Cotton called out Duckworth’s remarks by saying: “It’s disappointing but not surprising that the Democrats’ obsession with identity politics has come to this: U.S. Senators openly acknowledge voting for or against nominees based solely on their race.”
    “Imagine the scandal—and rightly so!—if a Republican senator announced he would only vote for nominees of certain races,” Cotton said. “We’ve gone pretty far down the road from judging people by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.”
    Former CIA officer Bryan Dean Wright, who only recently departed the Democratic Party in February, commented on Duckworth’s remarks: “Sen. Duckworth is a whisker away from demanding the whites drink at a separate fountain.”
    The irony of segregation, discrimination, and other forms of racism isn’t lost on anyone who is paying attention. While some make the argument that this is what White people have coming to them, it is in essence the theory that two wrongs can make a right.
    In other words, people of color are saying that they need to push White people down, because of historical wrongs that were done to people of color. And if that doesn’t hold water, they make the argument that they’re still being treated unfairly.
    The definition of fair seems to consistently move, and the punishment for unfair is constantly increasing. However, as long as there is no foundation, no moral base for truth, we will constantly be drug around by our noses by whoever cries out the loudest. And when was the last time you were in a room where the loudest person was the smartest?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

[QUOTE=Phil B.;1728304 the birds getting killed by flying into the blades.[/QUOTE]

Phil, I do need to disagree with you on that issue. I have driven past wind farms for years. Unlike the cartoon presentations that some PETA, and I don't mean People Eating Tasty Animals, activists put out s few years age, the blades are not a blurred circle when turning. They turn at about 20rpm, that's right per minute. YOU CAN SEE THE INDIVIDUAL BLADES FROM OVER A MILE AWAY!!! Any bird that cannot see the blades in time to avoid them is going to die anyway because it is too blind to find food.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Phil, I do need to disagree with you on that issue. I have driven past wind farms for years. Unlike the cartoon presentations that some PETA, and I don't mean People Eating Tasty Animals, activists put out s few years age, the blades are not a blurred circle when turning. They turn at about 20rpm, that's right per minute. YOU CAN SEE THE INDIVIDUAL BLADES FROM OVER A MILE AWAY!!! Any bird that cannot see the blades in time to avoid them is going to die anyway because it is too blind to find food.
    here's a breakdown BY the US Wildlife: Bird shredders? Number of birds killed by wind turbines dwarfed by buildings, electric lines, more - Casper, WY Oil City News