Retired 10,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    President Biden has not yet delivered an official State of the Union address.
    Wrong again. It was last Wednesday April 28, 2021. Biden to address Congress at State of the Union 2021: Speech time, how to watch online - AS.com

What ratings data are you referring to?
    The Neilsen viewership ratings. Here you go. Viewership for Biden’s SOTU Way Down From All Four of Trump’s Addresses

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    88 million dead people.. dogs..cats and illegals

and don't give me that crap that illegals can't vote.. it's been proven the can AND DO.
    Yes your dog voted for BIDEN I have a signed affidavit.

Ridiculous Conspiracy theories

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Your own link says this was not a State of the Union address.

"President Joe Biden gave his first address to a joint session of Congress Wednesday night".

... therefore your comment about viewership is misleading.

... if you constantly link to fringe right wing websites you always get bad information.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

"President Joe Biden gave his first address to a joint session of Congress Wednesday night".

... if you constantly link to fringe right wing websites you always get bad information.

You know when I most often get bad information? When I read one of your posts. It's usually incorrect or incomplete information. Or just flat-out propaganda. You know...like the time you told me you didn't need an ID to vote in Canada? Or when you told me that Antifa wasn't real? Shall I go on?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    You know when I most often get bad information? When I read one of your posts. It's usually incorrect or incomplete information. Or just flat-out propaganda. You know...like the time you told me you didn't need an ID to vote in Canada? Or when you told me that Antifa wasn't real? Shall I go on?
    Please do we love to hear Conspiracy Theories

Retired 10,000+ Posts

The headline lists in as the State of the Union address. A matter of semantics. The Democrats in the White house are now saying that a President's first speech to a Joint Session of Congress is traditionally called a Joint Address. First time I have ever heard it referred to by that terminology. For every President since I was a toddler it has been called the President's first State of the Union address to congress. The phrase Joint Address is not anywhere in The US Constitution. However:
    Article. II. - The Executive Branch

Section 3 - State of the Union, Convening Congress

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union,
    and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and
    expedient

Your lack of knowledge and understanding of
    The US Constitution has caused you to stick your foot in your mouth, again. Heritage Foundation and Hillsdale College offer free online courses. Maybe you need to get some learning.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The headline lists in as the State of the Union address. A matter of semantics. The Democrats in the White house are now saying that a President's first speech to a Joint Session of Congress is traditionally called a Joint Address. First time I have ever heard it referred to by that terminology. For every President since I was a toddler it has been called the President's first State of the Union address to congress. The phrase Joint Address is not anywhere in The US Constitution. However:
    Article. II. - The Executive Branch

Section 3 - State of the Union, Convening Congress

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union,
    and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and
    expedient

Your lack of knowledge and understanding of
    The US Constitution has caused you to stick your foot in your mouth, again. Heritage Foundation and Hillsdale College offer free online courses. Maybe you need to get some learning.
    You are so busy trying to prove me wrong, you cannot do a simple Google search to see that I am correct?

The (Not) State of the Union: Why Joe Biden's speech is not officially the annual address

State of the Union: Why Joe Biden speech isn't called that in 2021

Wednesday night will mark the first time President Joe Biden speaks in front of both houses of Congress as he approaches his 100th day in office.

While Biden's speech on the Congress floor will seem like the State of the Union, it actually is not.

The practice of addressing a joint session of Congress comes straight from Article II, Section 3 of the United States Constitution, which states the president, "shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient."

The annual address is typically delivered by the president in late January or early February, with the last one given by former President Donald Trump on Feb. 4, 2020.

Since the inauguration of former President Ronald Reagan in 1981, presidents have not delivered the State of the Union the year they left office or were inaugurated, primarily because a president can't really speak about the state of the country just a few weeks in office.

Fact check:No deadline is in place for delivering State of the Union

That same year is when the new tradition began where the new president addressed Congress without the State of the Union title, like Trump's “Address Before a Joint Session of the Congress" in 2017.

Biden's address comes a few months into his term due to COVID-19 precautions, and only after he accepted an invitation from Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi on April 13. Wednesday's speech allows Biden to speak on the progress of his administration in his first nearly 100 days in office.

.... you should put your efforts into convincing your friends to get the COVID vaccine.

You are so busy trying to prove me wrong
    To prove you wrong takes minimal effort and can usually be wrapped up in a couple of minutes. Getting you to admit that you're wrong is the hard part. Your blind spot is that you're beholden to the liberal playbook.

third time you have posted this crap....

running out of material Frank Burns?

or should I say Ferret Face?