Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... of course, it is paid for by someone else.

Namely. the super rich and corporations that are "tax dodgers" plus an increase in the corporate tax rate from a historically, super low 21% to a 25-28% rate.

These proposals are extremely popular amongst middle class voters.

The average family earning under $400k per year will see no increase in Federal income taxes.
    Then why call it "free"? Call it "tax payer funded" or something like that - but I guess that doesn't sell like "free" does? Usually when something is "free", you either get what you pay for or there are strings attached.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Since you made this idiotic statement, please back it up with an explanation.
    Exactly how is it obvious he has lived off the "government dime"?
    We do not have access directly to to SSG's business records but I have a feeling that large portion of his income comes from Canadian government contracts without which he would be out on the streets as a beggar. Is the same true for you?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I thought the "rich" people were supposed to pay for most of the cost for you mere peasants. No?
    Maybe SSG is part of the "rich people".

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by progoffice View Post
    Then why call it "free"? Call it "tax payer funded" or something like that - but I guess that doesn't sell like "free" does? Usually when something is "free", you either get what you pay for or there are strings attached.
    It is only people who are uninformed who call it free. Nobody with any intelligence would say that.
    It is well documented that a single payer healthcare system costs the individual less than an insurance based healthcare system.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

It is only people who are uninformed who call it free. Nobody with any intelligence would say that.
    It is well documented that a single payer healthcare system costs the individual less than an insurance based healthcare system.

Allow me to explain to youu how your healthcare system works. It is free for many. I'm talking about those that don't work or don't make enough money. It's all free to them. The reason it's free for them is because those who actually work are paying for it. And the more you earn, the more free-loaders that you're paying for.

Are you really that big of an idiot to not understand this? Nevermind....

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Maybe SSG is part of the "rich people".

Nope. He's not motivated enough to earn a lot of money. He'll talk it to death but would never actually put in the hard work.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post

These proposals are extremely popular amongst uninformed middle class voters.

The average family earning under $400k per year will see no increase in Federal income taxes.
    How do you figure that families making under 400k a year won't see a tax increase??? I'd really like to know how you came to that conclusion. And don't tell me it's because, "That's what Biden says", or "Because CNN told me so". LOL!

Have you even studied Fuhrer Biden's tax plan?
    The "centerpiece" of his plan is to repeal the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that President Trump passed during his time in office.
    The primary effect of the TCJA was to reduce taxes for Americans in the bottom 80 percent of the income distribution. Put another way, the top 20 percent of earners were the only ones who did not get a tax cut under the TCJA.
    Americans earning between about $40,000 and $80,000 per year benefited most from the TCJA, and millions of others at the lowest income levels were taken off the tax rolls altogether.

President Biden, along with House and Senate Democrats, have pledged to reverse all that.

Let's see some statements that have been made about the tax hikes:

-Biden Commerce Secretary nominee Gina Raimondo admitted Democrats will have to raise taxes on all Americans, including the middle and lower class, in order to pay for President Biden's "climate" agenda.

-in 2007, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office determined that workers pay more than 70% of the cost of corporate taxes. <--In other words, if you raise the corporate tax rate, you're technically making the middle class worker pay for that increase. - Basic Economics.

-The Tax Foundation - estimates that Biden’s corporate tax hike would slash 159,000 jobs and that an average 0.7% wage reduction would harm the bottom quintile of workers, who would see a 1.45% decrease in after-tax income

-"...it’s simple, if the corporate tax goes up, the selling price to the consumer goes up, too." <--Economics 101

And the biggest admission comes from Sleepy Joe himself!
    -Biden during the debate with Trump - “That’s why I’m going to eliminate the Trump tax cuts”, and then, to accentuate the point, he said it again, “I’m going to eliminate those tax cuts.”
    If you ELIMINATE something that REDUCED middle class taxes, then you are RAISING taxes on the middle class! Doesn't take a fuckin' genius to know this.

So, Once again, explain to me how you figured that Middle Class Americans won't be affected by Biden's tax hike plan?
    Omertà

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    We do not have access directly to to SSG's business records but I have a feeling that large portion of his income comes from Canadian government contracts without which he would be out on the streets as a beggar. Is the same true for you?

You "have a feeling". So, because you "have a feeling" you create an entire narrative around someone?

You "have a feeling". So, because you "have a feeling" you create an entire narrative around someone?

You're the biggest offender when it comes to jumping to conclusions. And democrats act more on "feeling" than anything.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Allow me to explain to youu how your healthcare system works. It is free for many. I'm talking about those that don't work or don't make enough money. It's all free to them. The reason it's free for them is because those who actually work are paying for it. And the more you earn, the more free-loaders that you're paying for.

Are you really that big of an idiot to not understand this? Nevermind....

You seem to be under some misunderstanding that all people are as selfish as you. It doesn't bother me one little bit that some of my contribution goes to help those that need it. I am okay having my taxes helping less priviledged. I don't care if you believe it or not.