Retired 10,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Biden Neglects to Mention D-Day, Tweets About 1921 Tulsa Massacre Instead
    The 1921 Tulsa massacre occurred over 18 hours from May 31 to June 1, 1921. It had already been covered by the news media on the 1st. The left leaning news report I saw claimed that there were 300 dead and that it was the worst massacre on US soil ever. According to History.com, "the Tulsa Race Massacre stood as one of the deadliest riots in U.S. history, behind only the New York Draft Riots of 1863, which killed at least 119 people." Official records list only 36 dead. https://www.history.com/topics/roari...-race-massacre

The worst massacre on US soil in recorded history not counting terrorist attacks would be Wounded Knee. https://www.history.com/topics/nativ...y/wounded-knee

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Democrats really have no morals. They have now turned on their own people and are calling them racist.

Progressives Fume over Manchin’s Opposition to the For the People Act: He’s Helping GOP ‘Preserve White Power in America’

Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV), in an op-ed published Sunday, explained why he will not be supporting the left’s controversial “For the People Act” — the House-passed bill which would strip states of their ability to implement basic election safeguards, effectively nationalizing U.S. elections — prompting anger and frustration among far-left Democrats who are accusing him of helping the GOP “preserve white power in America.”
    The moderate Democrat, whom progressive Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY) has described as “the new Mitch McConnell,” detailed his opposition to the bill, contending that “voting and election reform that is done in a partisan manner will all but ensure partisan divisions continue to deepen.”
    “I believe that partisan voting legislation will destroy the already weakening binds of our democracy, and for that reason, I will vote against the For the People Act,” he explained, assuring he will also not vote to “weaken or eliminate the filibuster.”
    “I think it will divide us further,” Manchin said during an appearance on Fox News, defending his decision. “I don’t want to be in a country divided any further than I’m in right now.”
    Prominent progressives swiftly lashed out. After calling him “the new Mitch McConnell,” Bowman, accused the West Virginia Democrat of “doing the work of the Republican Party by being an obstructionist”:

The For the People Act, which passed in the Democrat-led House in early March, would essentially overhaul the U.S. election system, stripping states of their ability to implement basic election integrity safeguards, such as voter ID requirements or bans on ballot harvesting.

The bill also provides protection for illegal aliens who are registered to vote, prevents states from purging ineligible voters from rolls, and makes nationwide vote-by-mail without photo ID a reality.

Twenty attorneys general signed a letter at the time of the bill’s passage, warning they will “seek legal remedies to protect the Constitution, the sovereignty of all states, our elections, and the rights of our citizens” if the bill becomes a law.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/07/busin...gbt/index.html

Burger King is making a statement during pride month: It's trying to get a leg up in the chicken sandwich wars by taking a not-so-subtle dig at rival Chick-fil-A's fraught history with the LGBTQ+ community.

The fast-food chain tweeted last week that it would donate 40 cents to the Human Rights Campaign for every Ch'King chicken sandwich sold in June. The Human Rights Campaign is America's largest LGBTQ civil rights organization.

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/07/busin...gbt/index.html

Burger King is making a statement during pride month: It's trying to get a leg up in the chicken sandwich wars by taking a not-so-subtle dig at rival Chick-fil-A's fraught history with the LGBTQ+ community.

The fast-food chain tweeted last week that it would donate 40 cents to the Human Rights Campaign for every Ch'King chicken sandwich sold in June. The Human Rights Campaign is America's largest LGBTQ civil rights organization.
    burger king is to expensive and the food sucks...

figures they'd band together with fags.

The Human Rights Foundation? It sounds gay. I'd stay away.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Burger King trolls Chick-fil-A with LGBTQ+ donations - CNN

Maybe you need to do a little studying before you make a fool of yourself. The only objection that the LGTBQ+ political organization had with Chik-fil-A was that it owners were strong Christians. The only affect that has on the way Chik-fil-A is operated is that they do not open on Sundays. Here is what a gay employee had to say when the boycott called for. "So when people boycott Chick-fil-A, it means I don't get hours. Which means I don’t get money. Not just me, but ALL of the LGBT employees at Chick-fil-A. Yes, CFA hires LGBT people. No one’s been fired for being gay or coming out." https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-gay-...yee-speaks-out

Now later in the article he does say that he has changed his mind. That was because the support that Chik-fil-A got from the Christian community meant he had to put in what was most likely the hardest day of work in the kitchen ever and being in the kitchen he did not get to interact with any of the customers.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Maybe you need to do a little studying before you make a fool of yourself. The only objection that the LGTBQ+ political organization had with Chik-fil-A was that it owners were strong Christians. The only affect that has on the way Chik-fil-A is operated is that they do not open on Sundays. Here is what a gay employee had to say when the boycott called for. "So when people boycott Chick-fil-A, it means I don't get hours. Which means I don’t get money. Not just me, but ALL of the LGBT employees at Chick-fil-A. Yes, CFA hires LGBT people. No one’s been fired for being gay or coming out." https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-gay-...yee-speaks-out

Now later in the article he does say that he has changed his mind. That was because the support that Chik-fil-A got from the Christian community meant he had to put in what was most likely the hardest day of work in the kitchen ever and being in the kitchen he did not get to interact with any of the customers.
    Maybe you need to do a little studying before you make a fool of yourself.
    I agree
    Over your head I guess

Business)Burger King is making a statement during pride month: It's trying to get a leg up in the chicken sandwich wars by taking a not-so-subtle dig at rival Chick-fil-A's fraught history with the LGBTQ+ community.

Burger King added it will make those donations "even on Sunday," tweeting the eyes emoji. Chick-fil-A, because of its devout Christian ownership, closes its restaurants on Sundays

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Did everyone miss the other Super Huge Puerto Rico story? Lol!

Conservative commentator Matt Walsh raises $104,000 for AOC's Puerto Rican grandmother after she blamed Trump for her 'abuela's' falling-apart house

TDS is still strong with this one!

From Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
    "Just over a week ago, my abuela fell ill. I went to Puerto Rico to see her- my 1st time in a year+ bc of COVID. This is her home," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted while sharing images of buckets on the floor catching leaking water and damage to the ceiling.

Matt Walsh from 'The Dailywire' started a go-fund me to help AOC's abuela.
    The #HelpAbuela raised $104,153 in less than 12 hours, mostly by conservatives who cared about an old lady's "suffering".

Walsh reacted to AOC's tweets saying,"Shameful that you live in luxury while allowing your own grandmother to suffer in these squalid conditions."

"One cannot be certain of the cost to repair grandma’s house, but surely most of the work could be completed for the price of AOC’s shiny Tesla Model 3,"
    Walsh wrote in the campaign description."Sadly, virtue-signaling isn’t going to fix abuela’s roof. So we are.

Walsh continued,"Let’s all kick in to help save AOC’s abuela’s ancestral home. Any amount is appreciated, but the cost of a monthly lease payment on that Tesla is around $499… All proceeds will be donated to abuela.."

Now for the bad news........
    GoFundMe tells Matt Walsh that 'family' of AOC's abuela won't accept money after he raised $100,000 to repair home

Walsh responded with;
    "In the end, our campaign raised 104 thousand dollars and could have solved a problem in ten hours that AOC couldn’t solve in four years. We can all be proud of that. As for abuela, all we can do now is pray."
    Omertà

A Jersey Mike's shop opening in California is offering a hiring bonus of up to $10,000, as fast food chains struggle to bring back workers