Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

Report: Pope Francis Just Rejected a Major Request from Biden

The Vatican reportedly rejected a request for President Joe Biden to attend an early morning Mass with Pope Francis.
    A Vatican source told Catholic News Agency there is no meeting scheduled between Pope Francis and Biden.
    The White House reportedly asked if Biden could attend Mass with the pope on Tuesday.

“The proposal was nixed by the Vatican after considering the impact that Biden receiving Holy Communion from the pope would have on the discussions the [United States Conference of Catholic Bishops] is planning to have during their meeting starting Wednesday, June 16,” CNA reported.
    The U.S. bishops are scheduled to vote this week on creating a committee to draft a document about Eucharistic coherence.

Adhering to Eucharistic coherence means bishops should be aware public officials cannot receive Holy Communion and “act with deeds or words against the commandments, particularly when abortion, euthanasia, and other grave crimes against life and family are encouraged,” according to CNA.
    The bishops’ vote will decide if Catholic politicians who support abortion should be barred from receiving Communion.

The bishops discussed during a 2019 USCCB meeting if they should make abortion their top concern, The Washington Post reported.
    “We are at a unique moment with the upcoming election cycle to make a real challenge to Roe v. Wade, given the possible changes to the Supreme Court. We should not dilute our efforts to protect the unborn,” Archbishop Alexander Sample of Portland, Oregon, said, according to the National Catholic Reporter.

The president has run into trouble over receiving Communion because of his support of abortion.
    In 2019, he was denied Communion by a South Carolina priest who said any leader “who advocates for abortion places himself or herself outside of Church teaching,” The Post reported.
    John Kelly was part of the Democratic National Committee team in 2008 that would find Catholic parishes that would welcome Biden during the Obama-McCain presidential race.

Kelly told The Post that Biden’s team got mad at him when he suggested one of Biden’s priest friends travel with him to avoid any confrontation.
    “They felt, and they were right, that he wants to go to church and should have the right to. He wants to worship with his community,” Kelly said.

“His understanding of the Eucharist was it shouldn’t be done hidden in private. I very much felt the Eucharist was being weaponized.”
    Pope Francis and Biden previously met in 2015 while Biden was vice president, according to CNA.
    Biden also visited the Vatican on April 29, 2016, and praised Pope Francis, who he said comforted him after the loss of his eldest son Beau a year prior.

I'm sure SSG will come behind me and say that this is a rightwing conspiracy.

Inflation Hits Highest Level Since 1979 in Philly Fed Survey

Super-charged inflationary pressures continued to gain steam in June, the Philadelphia Fed’s manufacturing survey showed Thursday.

Eighty-two percent of manufacturing companies in the Philly Fed’s survey reported paying higher prices for the inputs of their products, while just one percent said costs of input had fallen. As a result, the diffusion index moved up four points to 80.7, the highest reading since June 1979.

Many of those companies are succeeding in passing on at least some of those higher costs to customers. Over 51 percent of the firms reported increases in prices received this month (up from 43 percent last month), while only 2 percent reported decreases (the same as last month). The current prices received index rose for the fourth consecutive month, moving up 9 points to 49.7, its highest reading since October 1980.
    Seventy-six percent said they think prices paid for input will continue to go higher, 5.4 percent said they thought they would pay less for inputs six months from now. A very large share of firms, 76.4 percent, said they expect to be able to charge more for their products six months from now, while just 8.5 pecrent foresee declines.
    Sixty-nine percent of manufacturing businesses said labor supply was constraining current output. Eighty percent said supply chain issues were holding them back
    The survey indicates that manufacturing continued to grow in June, although the indexes for new orders, unfilled orders, and inventories fell. This suggests that high inflation is weighing on output.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I'm sure SSG will come behind me and say that this is a rightwing conspiracy.

Inflation Hits Highest Level Since 1979 in Philly Fed Survey

Canada’s inflation rate climbs 3.6% in May, largest yearly increase since 2011

... the USA is not the only country in the world facing rising inflation rates as the global economy reacts to the COVID pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Canada’s inflation rate climbs 3.6% in May, largest yearly increase since 2011

... the USA is not the only country in the world facing rising inflation rates as the global economy reacts to the COVID pandemic.

Thanks, but Canada did the same stupid shit as the liberals in the USA. You have anything else that will make me feel better about this runaway inflation?

Thanks, but Canada did the same stupid shit as the liberals in the USA. You have anything else that will make me feel better about this runaway inflation?
    Bright side masks are real cheap stock up

ISN'T it odd you never complained the price of toilet paper was up during the T Administration?

Yes Your Sky is Falling again

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

No. This global problem will likely last certainly until Sept and likely 2022.

Logistical and supply chain problems around the world will not likely resolve this year.

90% of China's electronic's pass through one port in southern China. That port is struggling with COVID-D causing major disruptions. 160,000 40' containers are waiting to be loaded onto ships. Ship turnarounds have increased from 3 days to 15 days. Ocean freight prices are skyrocketing.

(CNN)Russian President Vladimir Putin praised US President Joe Biden Thursday, describing him as a "professional" who is "completely knowledgeable on all issues," according to a Kremlin transcript of Putin's televised remarks.

"Mr. Biden is a professional, and you need to be very careful when working with him so as not to miss something," Putin said during a videoconference meeting with graduates from Russia's Graduate School of Public Administration. "He himself does not miss a thing, I assure you, and this was absolutely clear to me."

"Let me say it again: he is focused, he knows what he wants to achieve and does it very skilfully, and you can instantly sense it," the Russian President added.

Ex-Obama Doctor Torches Biden In Brutal Letter, Demands Biden ‘Submit To A Cognitive Test Immediately’

Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-TX), the former White House physician for former Presidents Barack Obama and Donald Trump, sent a letter to Democrat President Joe Biden on Thursday demanding that Biden immediately submit to a cognitive test because his “mental decline and forgetfulness have become more apparent over the past eighteen months.”
    The letter — which was signed by more than a dozen other lawmakers, including by another physician and a dentist — told Biden that he should “follow the precedent set by former President Trump to document and demonstrate sound mental abilities.”

“The American people should have absolute confidence in their President,” the letter states. “They deserve to know that he or she can perform the duties of Head of State and Commander in Chief. They deserve full transparency on the mental capabilities of their highest elected leader. To achieve this, we urge you to submit to a cognitive test immediately. We implore you to then publish the test results, so the American people know the full mental and intellectual health of their President, and to set an example for all Presidents to follow going forward.”
    The letter then documented numerous instances of Biden appearing to have had struggles:
    Previously, while on the campaign trail, you agreed to a similar assessment. At first, you “grew testy” and questioned “why the hell would I take a test,” according to an AP report. Later, you relented and said you were “very willing to let the American public judge my physical, mental – my physical, as well as my mental fitness and to, you know, to make a judgement about who I am.”

The letter continued documenting instances where Biden appeared to struggle:
    As you may remember, starting in 2018, political opponents and members of the media clamored for then-President Trump to take a cognitive test. In response, the White House Physician conducted a Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MOCA) for President Trump, at which he excelled.
    According to Dr. Ziad Nasreddine, the neurologist who created the test, MOCA is a simple screening tool to identify early signs of mental impairment. Dr. Nasreddine said the test is best administered when a person or their loved ones “start noticing mental decline,” particularly forgetfulness on ordinary tasks. MOCA results allow a medical expert to identify “cognitive impairment that comes with diseases like Alzheimer’s, stroke, or multiple sclerosis.” This is pertinent since it was publicly documented during your candidacy that you had previously suffered from aneurysms associated with at least one hemorrhagic stroke. Certain behaviors that signal someone should take the exam include “patients repeating themselves, losing car keys frequently, forgetting recent events, and multiple instances of forgetting conversations.” Unfortunately, your forgetfulness and cognitive difficulties have been prominently on display over the past year.
    Unfortunately, your mental decline and forgetfulness have become more apparent over the past eighteen months. In March, you forgot the name of the Pentagon, the Department of Defense, and the Defense Secretary, though you had said “Secretary Austin” just a few moments prior. The official White House transcript reads, “And I want to thank Sec- – the former general- I keep calling him ‘General.’ My – the guy who runs that outfit over there.”
    Additionally, at the end of February, you visited Houston to survey the winter storm damage, where you misidentified the time of day and Senator John Cornyn’s title, and you mispronounced Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee’s first name and Congresswoman Lizzie Fletcher’s maiden name of Pannill. Then, apparently forgetting the purpose of your visit, you questioned, “what am I doing here?” The White House transcript from 4:30 CST reads “…it’s dinner time. Good afternoon – or almost. Actually, it’s evening. And I want to thank you, Governor and Mrs. Abbott, for your hospitality and your friendship. And Representative – Senator Cornyn, I think he had to go back; I think he’s getting on a plane. He told me last – he came in to see me last event. And Representatives Sheila Jackson Lee, Al Green, Sylvia Garcia, Lizzie Pannilli [sic] – excuse me, Pannill [Fletcher] – and-what am I doing here? I’m going to lose track here.”
    In May, you remembered an article from “my fourth or fifth year as vice president. .. ” that said, “Biden travels 1,300,000 miles on Air Force One,” though, as you know, the Vice President actually travels aboard Air Force Two. You continued the story to explain that you took frequent trips home that year because your mom was sick, and to remember an Amtrak conductor named Angelo Negri who congratulated you on reaching 1,500,000 career miles on Amtrak. However, the timeline of that story does not match up. Your fourth year as vice president would have been 2013, Negri’s obituary states he retired from Amtrak in 1993, and your mother passed away in 2010.
    Finally, in March of 2020, you started to recite the oft-quoted first line of the Declaration of Independence, but you seemingly forgot the phrase. You stated, “We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women are created, by the, you know, you know the thing.” Most school-age children could recite that famous and revered patriotic phrase by heart, but you could not.
    The letter noted how Democrats have said in the past that there is a real chance that “there will be future situations where the president’s physical and mental state may create issues for us” and that Democrats introduced legislation to establish an independent commission to examine a president’s fitness for office and determine “whether the President is mentally or physically unable to discharge the powers and duties of the office.”

The letter said Biden should “follow the example set by President Trump” by undergoing “a cognitive test as soon as possible and immediately making the results available for the American people.”
    Jackson reported to the White House Medical Unit (WHMU) during the Bush era in 2006, but he did not start as physician to the president until July 2013, a position in which he served until March 28, 2018. Jackson served as WHMU director from March 2010 through December 2014. Jackson also served as the first chief medical advisor to the president from February 2019 until December 2019. Jackson later ran as a Republican in Texas’s 13th Congressional District in this last election cycle and won.

Trump's former physician sent a letter to Biden asking him take a cognitive test - and more than a dozen Republicans signed it

Trump and Obama’s former physician writes to President Biden urging him to submit a ‘cognitive test’

Ex-Obama Doctor Torches Biden In Brutal Letter, Demands Biden ‘Submit To A Cognitive Test Immediately’ | CauseACTION Clarion

Hilarious my cat smarter than the last LOSER in office

Happy Meltdown

Declassified Biden Admin Report Listed 'Extremist' Pro-Life Groups as National Security Threat

One of the left’s favorite political tactics is the false moral equivalency: treating the mistakes of one group the same as the mistaken aims of another — or the evil done by one group the same as the evil aims of another.
    The Biden administration happens to be full of leftists, and a declassified report from the director of national intelligence shows the false moral equivalency in action.
    In the report, made public in March, the office of the DNI provides its assessment of the most concerning domestic threats to national security.

Office of the DNI

@ODNIgov

Today #ODNI, @TheJusticeDept, and @DHSgov released an unclassified summary of the joint comprehensive threat assessment on domestic violent extremism, view the full report here: https://dni.gov/index.php/news
    What’s shocking about this report is that, apparently, key players in our national security establishment believe “abortion-related violent extremists” pose the same threat to America’s safety as Black Lives Matter and antifa — neither of which is mentioned in the report by name.
    We like to pretend that federal bureaucrats are impartial employees of the people who serve a higher authority than the politicians who appointed them.

But this is not true.
    In the Senate last week, Republican Sen. Mike Braun of Indiana asked Attorney General Merrick Garland why pro-life advocates were being treated the same as groups that spent much of the previous year wrecking the United States.

“To me this seemed like kind of a wild attack on the pro-life community,” Braun said, according to the Daily Caller News Foundation. “It did not list groups like BLM and antifa, who have had a clear recent record of violent acts.”
    “So can you explain what that was about?” Braun asked. “Why there would have been focus on that, and has there been a rash of incidents related to it?”
    Garland said he didn’t know where pro-life groups fit into the “threat matrix” but suggested that they were not “listed at the high end of threat.”

He said the left-wing “anarchists” mentioned by Braun would fit into the report’s anti-government or anti-authority category — right alongside “[domestic violence extremists] with ideological agendas in support of pro-life or pro-choice beliefs.”
    When was the last time pro-life advocates perpetrated an act of violence on par with torching businesses and attacking police officers?

If this has happened, why haven’t we heard about it? Does anyone believe the establishment media would neglect to report on a pro-life group targeting an abortion clinic, for example?
    We haven’t heard about it because it has not happened recently.

What has happened recently, however, is a widespread assault by leftist mobs against their own countrymen.
    This very real threat to national security has no business being mentioned in the same breath as the virtually non-existent violent extreme of the pro-life community.
    The fact is that both pro-life extremists and far-left extremists are evil because they employ violence for political ends in a civilized society.
    They should be targeted by law enforcement and prosecuted.

But one of these is clearly not like the other. It wasn’t the pro-life community that occupied the so-called CHOP zone in Seattle or laid siege to a federal courthouse in Portland.
    And yet the Biden administration would have us believe the greatest domestic threat facing this country comes from the right.
    If you buy that, you’ll love what Rep. Ilhan Omar has to say about the moral equivalence between Israel and Hamas and between the U.S. and the Taliban.
    These are the people we put in power.
    They are determined to equate Americans who believe in the inherent value of life in the womb with those who want to overthrow our system of law and order.