Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    The Shining City Upon a Hill

Re: The Shining City Upon a Hill

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... many on the far right now assume than Elon Musk is now "all in" on their side. Considering that Musk only a few days stated that his intentions to purchase Twitter are on hold or is even sympathetic to many of the "wack-a-doodle" political positions the right endorses are definitely counting their chickens before they hatch.

If the Twitter purchase does eventually go through, Musk is a very busy man and will not have time nor likely the interest to track every political story line out there.

... as far as the other political voices out there, if more than half of the voters in America do not listen to these biased sources, it does not matter what they say, so more chicken counting.
    Watching conservatives pick their champions and then throw them under the bus as soon as they say or do something that doesn't match their beliefs is worth the price of admission. Lol

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Nebraska GOP governor says he will call a special session to pass total abortion ban if Roe is overturned

Republican Gov. Pete Ricketts of Nebraska said Sunday that he will call a special session of his state’s legislature to pass a total ban on abortion if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade this term.

“Nebraska is a pro-life state. I believe life begins at conception, and those are babies too,” Ricketts told CNN’s Dana Bash on “State of the Union” when asked if he thought the state should require a young girl who was raped to carry the pregnancy to term. “If Roe v. Wade, which is a horrible constitutional decision, gets overturned by the Supreme Court, which we’re hopeful of, here in Nebraska, we’re going to take further steps to protect those preborn babies.”

“Including in the case of rape or incest?” Bash asked. To which the governor replied: “They’re still babies, too. Yes.”

Ricketts said that in case Roe falls, “I will work with our speaker of the legislature to work on a special session and do more to protect preborn babies. We’ll have to wait and see what that decision is before we can take further steps, but that would certainly be my intention.”

The governor’s comments come as the Supreme Court’s conservative majority seems likely to overturn Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 case that legalized abortion nationwide. Earlier this month, a leaked draft opinion authored by conservative Justice Samuel Alito indicated that the court was poised to reverse Roe in a case concerning a Mississippi abortion law that would ban abortion at 15 weeks of pregnancy.

More than a dozen states have so-called trigger laws on their books, meaning that abortion will almost immediately be banned if Roe v. Wade is no longer in effect, and Nebraska nearly passed its own such law last month.

The state’s unicameral legislature failed to advance a bill entitled the Nebraska Human Life Protection Act, which would have banned abortions without exceptions for rape and incest and would have created criminal penalties for physicians who violate the law. The measure would’ve gone into effect if the Supreme Court overruled Roe or if Congress were to enact a law giving states the authority to regulate abortion or if the Constitution were to be amended.

Republican state Sen. Joni Albrecht’s motion to end debate on the bill she introduced failed by a vote of 31-15, falling short of two votes needed. Lawmakers had debated the bill for about eight hours.

... what can be more cruel than to force a violent rape survivor, on top of the trauma of that event, against her will, to carry a pregnancy to birth?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Nebraska GOP governor says he will call a special session to pass total abortion ban if Roe is overturned

Republican Gov. Pete Ricketts of Nebraska said Sunday that he will call a special session of his state’s legislature to pass a total ban on abortion if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade this term.

“Nebraska is a pro-life state. I believe life begins at conception, and those are babies too,” Ricketts told CNN’s Dana Bash on “State of the Union” when asked if he thought the state should require a young girl who was raped to carry the pregnancy to term. “If Roe v. Wade, which is a horrible constitutional decision, gets overturned by the Supreme Court, which we’re hopeful of, here in Nebraska, we’re going to take further steps to protect those preborn babies.”

“Including in the case of rape or incest?” Bash asked. To which the governor replied: “They’re still babies, too. Yes.”

Ricketts said that in case Roe falls, “I will work with our speaker of the legislature to work on a special session and do more to protect preborn babies. We’ll have to wait and see what that decision is before we can take further steps, but that would certainly be my intention.”

The governor’s comments come as the Supreme Court’s conservative majority seems likely to overturn Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 case that legalized abortion nationwide. Earlier this month, a leaked draft opinion authored by conservative Justice Samuel Alito indicated that the court was poised to reverse Roe in a case concerning a Mississippi abortion law that would ban abortion at 15 weeks of pregnancy.

More than a dozen states have so-called trigger laws on their books, meaning that abortion will almost immediately be banned if Roe v. Wade is no longer in effect, and Nebraska nearly passed its own such law last month.

The state’s unicameral legislature failed to advance a bill entitled the Nebraska Human Life Protection Act, which would have banned abortions without exceptions for rape and incest and would have created criminal penalties for physicians who violate the law. The measure would’ve gone into effect if the Supreme Court overruled Roe or if Congress were to enact a law giving states the authority to regulate abortion or if the Constitution were to be amended.

Republican state Sen. Joni Albrecht’s motion to end debate on the bill she introduced failed by a vote of 31-15, falling short of two votes needed. Lawmakers had debated the bill for about eight hours.

... what can be more cruel than to force a violent rape survivor, on top of the trauma of that event, against her will, to carry a pregnancy to birth?
    In case of rape the mother won't be required to carry the baby ... just more left wing hysterical talk.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    In case of rape the mother won't be required to carry the baby ... just more left wing hysterical talk.

Sorry Buddy you WACK Jobs don't give exceptions

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

... not according to what the Governor of Nebraska said to CNN on live TV on Sunday! The Governor stated that a rape victim will be forced to carry the baby to term at the 7:45 mark

GOP governor says that rape victims should have to carry child to term

GOP governor says that rape victims should have to carry child to term - YouTube

Maybe she will put the infant up for adoption or not who knows but why force her to go through that trauma against her will?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

That should only be the case when the rape has been reported before the woman discovers she is pregnant, preferably immediately after the rape has occurred so that medical personnel can collect DNA evidence. There also needs to be changes that protect the victim and punish the defense lawyers who attack the victim.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

... many on the far right now assume than Elon Musk is now "all in" on their side. Considering that Musk only a few days stated that his intentions to purchase Twitter are on hold or is even sympathetic to many of the "wack-a-doodle" political positions the right endorses are definitely counting their chickens before they hatch.

If the Twitter purchase does eventually go through, Musk is a very busy man and will not have time nor likely the interest to track every political story line out there.

... as far as the other political voices out there, if more than half of the voters in America do not listen to these biased sources, it does not matter what they say, so more chicken counting.
    I could care less about twitter. Whatever happens to it. I have never used it. I dont know anybody who uses it and I dont care what anyone says while they are on there.

Adam Schiff IMPLICATED - Patriot United News