Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Venting...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Venting...

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Some customers simply like to take their frustration out on the friendly copier repair man. I think that a lot of it has to do with the "service contract." I've always found that the customer sings a different tune when I start charging them to fix stupid shit. Only then will some customers begin to follow directions. My 2-cents.

It isn't just copier repairmen they do it too. Imagine the fun of trying to explain to a less than intelligent person that before you can actually use an electric typewriter you have to plug it in. Unlike the older manual typewriter that didn't need electricity that she trained on and used for twenty years. Yes I had to do that way back in the early 70's when I first started working on typewriters. And I had one rather dimwitted secretary that would call every so often and complain she hits the keys but nothing works. Finally after the third call from her that I had to go to, was not allowed to clear over the phone, I managed to get another worker there to help "retrain" her in the use of new electric typebar machines. Even more fun were the calls when her single pass carbon ribbon ran out and she could not change it herself. And of course she would call that in as a service call because the ribbon did not rewind like it should. Yes she was an older lady and there were also two younger women in the same company that she trained that were just as bad. Yes that office finally got the bright idea to have a supervisor call in all service calls. Just to be able to check and see if there was an easy operator control that could be used to fix it. Instead that is instead of waiting the two to four hours before a service tech could respond and change a ribbon or even turn the switch on.

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    Venting...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    haven't been doing it for that length of time... just I am 64+ yr old and it seems I get to be less asshole tolerant as the years progress.
    dont know if its relevant, its the same even for bike fitters, i was almost laughing at this...

went to this shop, checking for new saddle. Shop guy looked at me and said, what type and what size is your bike, I said 52cm...

he said "wrong bike!"

and then i said "but i used the ...."

he reminded me again "WRONG BIKE!"

for a moment I thought he fix copiers.

*so to explain the context. Road cycling is quite gimmicky, theres more marketting and labels to the sport then the Actual function itself. Not surprisingly, those with tons of money think they can buy their way out of problems. Buys expensive bike, but without looking at their biomechanics(body types), and often end up with the wrong bike(race, recreation, cruiser). so imagine how many people he has seen, and all are text book problems.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    dont know if its relevant, its the same even for bike fitters, i was almost laughing at this...

went to this shop, checking for new saddle. Shop guy looked at me and said, what type and what size is your bike, I said 52cm...

he said "wrong bike!"

and then i said "but i used the ...."

he reminded me again "WRONG BIKE!"

for a moment I thought he fix copiers.

*so to explain the context. Road cycling is quite gimmicky, theres more marketting and labels to the sport then the Actual function itself. Not surprisingly, those with tons of money think they can buy their way out of problems. Buys expensive bike, but without looking at their biomechanics(body types), and often end up with the wrong bike(race, recreation, cruiser). so imagine how many people he has seen, and all are text book problems.

Made me laugh. During the corona bikes were somewhat scarce. I also enjoy biking and my son(31) asked me to go to a bikeshop with him to get a decent bike. He ended up with an urban comfort bike. I didn't like the fit of the bike (it also was a 21 inch--52cm frame) I told my son to walk away or to have them order in a 23 inch--58cm frame, he is quite tall and had a good 2 inches or more of clearance on a standover. The saleman insisted that the smaller frame was made for my son. My son ended up buying it anyway. I wish we would have had someone tell us wrong frame size. I think he would have had a better riding experience on the larger frame, but I guess we will never know.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex