Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 376
  1. #91
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    4,556
    Rep Power
    106

    Re: White Privilege, clear cut.

    Wow there is too much grey in what should be common sense here. Right is right wrong is wrong. I don't understand how some of this can even be a discussion.
    As for the rest don't follow the rules of stupid. Don't do stupid things at stupid times in stupid places. Keep your thing out of holes and whole out of things.
    Here the treatment for a guy that cross the line keep him in line.
    O the lies are buried so deep.

    Abortion is wrong, rape is wrong, seduction could be wrong too.
    Whatever

  2. #92
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    White Privilege, clear cut.

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,169
    Rep Power
    216

    Re: White Privilege, clear cut.

    PS - Here's the bottom line and it's what liberals can't bare to admit:


    Men have always been part of telling a woman what she can do with her body when it comes to abortion.

    Read this carefully ladies and liberal men: LAWS - TELL - A - WOMAN - WHAT - SHE - CAN - DO - WITH - HER - BODY.

  3. #93
    IT Manager 10,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Don't be a Billy
    Posts
    11,215
    Rep Power
    151

  4. #94
    IT Manager 10,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Don't be a Billy
    Posts
    11,215
    Rep Power
    151

    Re: White Privilege, clear cut.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    PS - Here's the bottom line and it's what liberals can't bare to admit:


    Men have always been part of telling a woman what she can do with her body when it comes to abortion.

    Read this carefully ladies and liberal men: LAWS - TELL - A - WOMAN - WHAT - SHE - CAN - DO - WITH - HER - BODY.
    When and if you ever get a women she will set you straight:

  5. #95
    Printer firmware is !&$! 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    London
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: White Privilege, clear cut.

    Quote Originally Posted by robinsonad86 View Post
    Sorry I just meed to correct this you do not need an issue such as a health risk for an abortion in the UK for the first 24 weeks of the pregnancy. Up until this time it can be anything from an unwanted preganncy to a health risk and anything inbetween.

    After 24 weeks there has to be a high risk factor such as a risk to the mothers life or a
    previously undiagnosed birth defect that would risk the babies life or quality of life even in these situations the final choice lies with the mother
    With all due respect you are completely and utterly wrong. The law in the UK is very strict in comparison to what you are suggesting. You will find similiar considerations replicated in related legislation throughout Europe.

    If you exceed 24 weeks then it is illegal in all cases. If it is before 24 weeks then it is only legal once confirmed/signed off by two medical professionals that it is in compliance with the prescribed reasons for an abortion as per the legislation which refers to pressing health needs.

    Abortion Act 1967

    https://www.judiciaryni.uk/sites/judiciary/files/decisions/Family%20Planning%20Association%20of%20NI%20v%20Mi nister%20for%20Health%20Social%20Services%20and%20 Public%20Safety%20NICA%2038.pdf



    @Billy I agree with them that this is a moral & ethics issue, not a left/right thing. Currently it is clear across all of the world as per legislation that it is morally wrong to abort a baby for "any" reason. That is to say any abortion of a foetus must be properly justified on an ethical basis. The "my body my choice" simply does not apply and never has applied. The whole argument in America is based on misinformation about Europe and how other countries conduct themselves, because America is a polarized country. Most of the western world is centrist. America as a populist nation has very far left and very far right groups that are very vocal and such groups are simply not feature in politics in the rest of the western world in any sort of politically influential sense.



  6. #96
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    White Privilege, clear cut.

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,169
    Rep Power
    216

    Re: White Privilege, clear cut.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    With all due respect you are completely and utterly wrong. The law in the UK is very strict in comparison to what you are suggesting. You will find similiar considerations replicated in related legislation throughout Europe.

    If you exceed 24 weeks then it is illegal in all cases. If it is before 24 weeks then it is only legal once confirmed/signed off by two medical professionals that it is in compliance with the prescribed reasons for an abortion as per the legislation which refers to pressing health needs.

    Abortion Act 1967

    https://www.judiciaryni.uk/sites/judiciary/files/decisions/Family%20Planning%20Association%20of%20NI%20v%20Mi nister%20for%20Health%20Social%20Services%20and%20 Public%20Safety%20NICA%2038.pdf



    @Billy I agree with them that this is a moral & ethics issue, not a left/right thing. Currently it is clear across all of the world as per legislation that it is morally wrong to abort a baby for "any" reason. That is to say any abortion of a foetus must be properly justified on an ethical basis. The "my body my choice" simply does not apply and never has applied. The whole argument in America is based on misinformation about Europe and how other countries conduct themselves, because America is a polarized country. Most of the western world is centrist. America as a populist nation has very far left and very far right groups that are very vocal and such groups are simply not feature in politics in the rest of the western world in any sort of politically influential sense.



    I don't necessarily disagree with you. Although, I do think "morality" breaks along political affiliation. Abortion is one of the sacred cows of liberals. That and homosexuality.

    BTW: You're much too smart for this political forum. But keep going, I agree with 99.9% of what you say.

  7. #97
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: White Privilege, clear cut.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    With all due respect you are completely and utterly wrong. The law in the UK is very strict in comparison to what you are suggesting. You will find similiar considerations replicated in related legislation throughout Europe.

    If you exceed 24 weeks then it is illegal in all cases. If it is before 24 weeks then it is only legal once confirmed/signed off by two medical professionals that it is in compliance with the prescribed reasons for an abortion as per the legislation which refers to pressing health needs.

    Abortion Act 1967

    https://www.judiciaryni.uk/sites/judiciary/files/decisions/Family%20Planning%20Association%20of%20NI%20v%20Mi nister%20for%20Health%20Social%20Services%20and%20 Public%20Safety%20NICA%2038.pdf



    @Billy I agree with them that this is a moral & ethics issue, not a left/right thing. Currently it is clear across all of the world as per legislation that it is morally wrong to abort a baby for "any" reason. That is to say any abortion of a foetus must be properly justified on an ethical basis. The "my body my choice" simply does not apply and never has applied. The whole argument in America is based on misinformation about Europe and how other countries conduct themselves, because America is a polarized country. Most of the western world is centrist. America as a populist nation has very far left and very far right groups that are very vocal and such groups are simply not feature in politics in the rest of the western world in any sort of politically influential sense.


    Taken from NHS website

    Most abortions in England, Wales and Scotland are carried out before 24 weeks of pregnancy.
    They can be carried out after 24 weeks in very limited circumstances for example, if the mother's life is at risk or the child would be born with a severe disability.

    Personal experience I know of a teenage girl (of legal age) who went for an abortion because the dad was very unsupportive of the pregnancy, all checks had been done etc on the grounds of unwanted pregnancy. Long story short she changed her mind the night before now has a great young son but the nhs was still ready to give her one

  8. #98
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: White Privilege, clear cut.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    With all due respect you are completely and utterly wrong. The law in the UK is very strict in comparison to what you are suggesting. You will find similiar considerations replicated in related legislation throughout Europe.

    If you exceed 24 weeks then it is illegal in all cases. If it is before 24 weeks then it is only legal once confirmed/signed off by two medical professionals that it is in compliance with the prescribed reasons for an abortion as per the legislation which refers to pressing health needs.

    Abortion Act 1967

    https://www.judiciaryni.uk/sites/judiciary/files/decisions/Family%20Planning%20Association%20of%20NI%20v%20Mi nister%20for%20Health%20Social%20Services%20and%20 Public%20Safety%20NICA%2038.pdf



    @Billy I agree with them that this is a moral & ethics issue, not a left/right thing. Currently it is clear across all of the world as per legislation that it is morally wrong to abort a baby for "any" reason. That is to say any abortion of a foetus must be properly justified on an ethical basis. The "my body my choice" simply does not apply and never has applied. The whole argument in America is based on misinformation about Europe and how other countries conduct themselves, because America is a polarized country. Most of the western world is centrist. America as a populist nation has very far left and very far right groups that are very vocal and such groups are simply not feature in politics in the rest of the western world in any sort of politically influential sense.


    have a lot of time for your whole answer though very well thought out and written

  9. #99
    Printer firmware is !&$! 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    London
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: White Privilege, clear cut.

    Quote Originally Posted by robinsonad86 View Post
    Taken from NHS website

    Most abortions in England, Wales and Scotland are carried out before 24 weeks of pregnancy.
    They can be carried out after 24 weeks in very limited circumstances for example, if the mother's life is at risk or the child would be born with a severe disability.

    Personal experience I know of a teenage girl (of legal age) who went for an abortion because the dad was very unsupportive of the pregnancy, all checks had been done etc on the grounds of unwanted pregnancy. Long story short she changed her mind the night before now has a great young son but the nhs was still ready to give her one

    There are cases of doctors authorizing abortions where it was likely illegal to do so, or there is a grey area. If she was a teenager then there is a grey area, because it could be argued that her body is not sufficiently developed and thus the pregnancy would be harmful to her.

    The doctor said to me: 'Couldn't you just go through with the pregnancy?' | Health & wellbeing | The Guardian (gives multiple examples of illegaly carried out or grey area abortions in the UK in a very pro abortion argument presented by the guardian)

    Yes, after 24 weeks you'd need special authorization by a court, or if its an absolute emergency (whether 24 weeks or before) then the procedural requirements may be ignored in favour of operating first. I think this case that I referenced specifically states that a severe disability is not sufficient to justify abortion, so long as the foetus is still viable. This is why foetuses are carried to term with spineobifida and then subsequently euthanised.

  10. #100
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gravesend, Kent
    Posts
    1,653
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: White Privilege, clear cut.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    My stance is very simple. Abortion should only be available when the life of the mother is in danger.
    I will go back to the story of my friend who found out at 20 weeks that her baby had a fatal foetal abnormality.

    As a man you could never understand the pure joy at feeling the first fluttering movement of your baby in the womb, you will never know just how uncomfortable a baby pressing on your internal organs can be, you will never know the agony of a growing baby pushing your rib cage out of position. And, if anyone tells you childbirth is not painful, they are lying, it is incredibly painful, and, for some women, that can go on for days. Chances are, as well, that the baby being born will literally rip your flesh apart too.
    My friend's life was not in danger, are you telling me that you would tell her, to her face, that she had to go through all that, then, her baby would have been passed to her, and she would hold him for the first time as he took his final breath. Are you really that cruel
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here