Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Re: White Privilege, clear cut.

Wow there is too much grey in what should be common sense here. Right is right wrong is wrong. I don't understand how some of this can even be a discussion.
    As for the rest don't follow the rules of stupid. Don't do stupid things at stupid times in stupid places. Keep your thing out of holes and whole out of things.
    Here the treatment for a guy that cross the line keep him in line.
    O the lies are buried so deep.

Abortion is wrong, rape is wrong, seduction could be wrong too.
    Whatever

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    White Privilege, clear cut.

PS - Here's the bottom line and it's what liberals can't bare to admit:

Men have always been part of telling a woman what she can do with her body when it comes to abortion.

Read this carefully ladies and liberal men: LAWS - TELL - A - WOMAN - WHAT - SHE - CAN - DO - WITH - HER - BODY.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    PS - Here's the bottom line and it's what liberals can't bare to admit:

Men have always been part of telling a woman what she can do with her body when it comes to abortion.

Read this carefully ladies and liberal men: LAWS - TELL - A - WOMAN - WHAT - SHE - CAN - DO - WITH - HER - BODY.
    When and if you ever get a women she will set you straight:

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robinsonad86 View Post
    Sorry I just meed to correct this you do not need an issue such as a health risk for an abortion in the UK for the first 24 weeks of the pregnancy. Up until this time it can be anything from an unwanted preganncy to a health risk and anything inbetween.

After 24 weeks there has to be a high risk factor such as a risk to the mothers life or a
    previously undiagnosed birth defect that would risk the babies life or quality of life even in these situations the final choice lies with the mother
    With all due respect you are completely and utterly wrong. The law in the UK is very strict in comparison to what you are suggesting. You will find similiar considerations replicated in related legislation throughout Europe.

If you exceed 24 weeks then it is illegal in all cases. If it is before 24 weeks then it is only legal once confirmed/signed off by two medical professionals that it is in compliance with the prescribed reasons for an abortion as per the legislation which refers to pressing health needs.

Abortion Act 1967

https://www.judiciaryni.uk/sites/judiciary/files/decisions/Family%20Planning%20Association%20of%20NI%20v%20Mi nister%20for%20Health%20Social%20Services%20and%20 Public%20Safety%20NICA%2038.pdf

@Billy I agree with them that this is a moral & ethics issue, not a left/right thing. Currently it is clear across all of the world as per legislation that it is morally wrong to abort a baby for "any" reason. That is to say any abortion of a foetus must be properly justified on an ethical basis. The "my body my choice" simply does not apply and never has applied. The whole argument in America is based on misinformation about Europe and how other countries conduct themselves, because America is a polarized country. Most of the western world is centrist. America as a populist nation has very far left and very far right groups that are very vocal and such groups are simply not feature in politics in the rest of the western world in any sort of politically influential sense.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    White Privilege, clear cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    With all due respect you are completely and utterly wrong. The law in the UK is very strict in comparison to what you are suggesting. You will find similiar considerations replicated in related legislation throughout Europe.

If you exceed 24 weeks then it is illegal in all cases. If it is before 24 weeks then it is only legal once confirmed/signed off by two medical professionals that it is in compliance with the prescribed reasons for an abortion as per the legislation which refers to pressing health needs.

Abortion Act 1967

https://www.judiciaryni.uk/sites/judiciary/files/decisions/Family%20Planning%20Association%20of%20NI%20v%20Mi nister%20for%20Health%20Social%20Services%20and%20 Public%20Safety%20NICA%2038.pdf

@Billy I agree with them that this is a moral & ethics issue, not a left/right thing. Currently it is clear across all of the world as per legislation that it is morally wrong to abort a baby for "any" reason. That is to say any abortion of a foetus must be properly justified on an ethical basis. The "my body my choice" simply does not apply and never has applied. The whole argument in America is based on misinformation about Europe and how other countries conduct themselves, because America is a polarized country. Most of the western world is centrist. America as a populist nation has very far left and very far right groups that are very vocal and such groups are simply not feature in politics in the rest of the western world in any sort of politically influential sense.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. Although, I do think "morality" breaks along political affiliation. Abortion is one of the sacred cows of liberals. That and homosexuality.

BTW: You're much too smart for this political forum. But keep going, I agree with 99.9% of what you say.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Abortion Act 1967

Taken from NHS website

Most abortions in England, Wales and Scotland are carried out before 24 weeks of pregnancy.
    They can be carried out after 24 weeks in very limited circumstances – for example, if the mother's life is at risk or the child would be born with a severe disability.

Personal experience I know of a teenage girl (of legal age) who went for an abortion because the dad was very unsupportive of the pregnancy, all checks had been done etc on the grounds of unwanted pregnancy. Long story short she changed her mind the night before now has a great young son but the nhs was still ready to give her one

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Abortion Act 1967

have a lot of time for your whole answer though very well thought out and written

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robinsonad86 View Post
    Taken from NHS website

Most abortions in England, Wales and Scotland are carried out before 24 weeks of pregnancy.
    They can be carried out after 24 weeks in very limited circumstances – for example, if the mother's life is at risk or the child would be born with a severe disability.

Personal experience I know of a teenage girl (of legal age) who went for an abortion because the dad was very unsupportive of the pregnancy, all checks had been done etc on the grounds of unwanted pregnancy. Long story short she changed her mind the night before now has a great young son but the nhs was still ready to give her one

There are cases of doctors authorizing abortions where it was likely illegal to do so, or there is a grey area. If she was a teenager then there is a grey area, because it could be argued that her body is not sufficiently developed and thus the pregnancy would be harmful to her.

The doctor said to me: 'Couldn't you just go through with the pregnancy?' | Health & wellbeing | The Guardian (gives multiple examples of illegaly carried out or grey area abortions in the UK in a very pro abortion argument presented by the guardian)

Yes, after 24 weeks you'd need special authorization by a court, or if its an absolute emergency (whether 24 weeks or before) then the procedural requirements may be ignored in favour of operating first. I think this case that I referenced specifically states that a severe disability is not sufficient to justify abortion, so long as the foetus is still viable. This is why foetuses are carried to term with spineobifida and then subsequently euthanised.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    My stance is very simple. Abortion should only be available when the life of the mother is in danger.
    I will go back to the story of my friend who found out at 20 weeks that her baby had a fatal foetal abnormality.

As a man you could never understand the pure joy at feeling the first fluttering movement of your baby in the womb, you will never know just how uncomfortable a baby pressing on your internal organs can be, you will never know the agony of a growing baby pushing your rib cage out of position. And, if anyone tells you childbirth is not painful, they are lying, it is incredibly painful, and, for some women, that can go on for days. Chances are, as well, that the baby being born will literally rip your flesh apart too.
    My friend's life was not in danger, are you telling me that you would tell her, to her face, that she had to go through all that, then, her baby would have been passed to her, and she would hold him for the first time as he took his final breath. Are you really that cruel
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't