Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    White Privilege, clear cut.

Re: White Privilege, clear cut.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    And again, you are intentionally ignoring the fact that people can be pro choice without being pro abortion. Please, please try to understand that fact. It truly shouldn't be this difficult.

Why must I explain everything to you. Maybe you can understand this: A person can be pro choice but not support abortion at 9 months. Step up and answer a question for once in your life. Do you support abortion at 9 months. Prove to Debs that you're an honest debater (you're not) and answer the damn question. You won't. I know your game.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Why must I explain everything to you. Maybe you can understand this: A person can be pro choice but not support abortion at 9 months. Step up and answer a question for once in your life. Do you support abortion at 9 months. Prove to Debs that you're an honest debater (you're not) and answer the damn question. You won't. I know your game.
    The question is moot. There is nobody that would perform an abortion at nine months, so there's no need to have the question answered. Why do I have to explain everything to you.

The question is moot. There is nobody that would perform an abortion at nine months, so there's no need to have the question answered. Why do I have to explain everything to you.

That's my boy. Ask him a question and he finds a way to not answer. I really have no use for you when debating because of your refusal to give a straight answer.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

That's my boy. Ask him a question and he finds a way to not answer. I really have no use for you when debating because of your refusal to give a straight answer.
    I have told you multiple times that I'm pro choice. That doesn't mean I'm pro abortion. So I'm not pro nine month abortion. But that doesn't mean I feel any more entitled to tell someone not to do it.

I have told you multiple times that I'm pro choice. That doesn't mean I'm pro abortion. So I'm not pro nine month abortion. But that doesn't mean I feel any more entitled to tell someone not to do it.

We tell people what to do all the time. Don't murder, rob, rape. Don't drive fast. Pay your taxes or go to jail. But when it comes to a mother killing a baby that would otherwise survive outside the womb, you don't want to say anything?

What does this kid have to do? Tap morse code while in the mother's belly? Science says the baby is viable at 9 months.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

I am pro choice because I care about the life of the woman.

Imagine, if you will, a 12 year old girl, who has been raped by her father; because she is so young, and doesn't understand what's happening with her body, so she doesn't discover the pregnancy until past the point where the foetus may be viable. That girls mental health means a lot to me, that child may not be able to ever cope with what has happened to her, and that baby growing inside her is a constant reminder of the horrors she has been through. You are putting the life of an unborn child above the life of the girl who is already here.
    You claim to be pro life, but what you really are is pro birth.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I am pro choice because I care about the life of the woman.

Imagine, if you will, a 12 year old girl, who has been raped by her father; because she is so young, and doesn't understand what's happening with her body, so she doesn't discover the pregnancy until past the point where the foetus may be viable. That girls mental health means a lot to me, that child may not be able to ever cope with what has happened to her, and that baby growing inside her is a constant reminder of the horrors she has been through. You are putting the life of an unborn child above the life of the girl who is already here.
    You claim to be pro life, but what you really are is pro birth.
    Please don't carry me down this road as I'm really trying to understand your position. You made no qualifiers in your original statement. It sounds like you support killing a 9 month unborn baby in any case if that's what the mother wants? In other words, the mother can kill the unborn baby for any reason and you're fine with that? Or are there cases where you'd tell the mother that she's can't abort?

I'm simply trying to understand how you justify killing a baby that would otherwise live. This is a life we're talking about. Not a fingernail.

Please don't carry me down this road as I'm really trying to understand your position. You made no qualifiers in your original statement. It sounds like you support killing a 9 month unborn baby in any case if that's what the mother wants? In other words, the mother can kill the unborn baby for any reason and you're fine with that? Or are there cases where you'd tell the mother that she's can't abort?

I'm simply trying to understand how you justify killing a baby that would otherwise live. This is a life we're talking about. Not a fingernail.
    You cannot make distinctions in my opinion. I do not believe many women would carry a child for that long, and then decide to terminate for no good reason.

If the girl, or woman, who is pregnant is contemplating suicide because of what's happening to her, then, yes, I put her life above that of her unborn child. And I wouldn't mind guessing that if it was your daughter then you would feel the same way
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    You cannot make distinctions in my opinion. I do not believe many women would carry a child for that long, and then decide to terminate for no good reason.

If the girl, or woman, who is pregnant is contemplating suicide because of what's happening to her, then, yes, I put her life above that of her unborn child. And I wouldn't mind guessing that if it was your daughter then you would feel the same way

Debs,

I've read every word you said. You've given multiple scenerios (rape, incest, ect.) to justify your support of late-term abortion. As I've said, at least I can understand the logic behind that but at the end of the day, you clearly support late-term abortion no matter the reason. I apperciate your honesty. That's more than I can say for most folks around here.

Let me be clear. I don't support your position and think it should be illegal and it is illegal.

Debs,

I've read every word you said. You've given multiple scenerios (rape, incest, ect.) to justify your support of late-term abortion. As I've said, at least I can understand the logic behind that but at the end of the day, you clearly support late-term abortion no matter the reason. I apperciate your honesty. That's more than I can say for most folks around here.

Let me be clear. I don't support your position and think it should be illegal and it is illegal.
    I appreciate that you have a difference of opinion to me, and that's fine. Can we put this subject to bed now, and move on