Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Reason I haven't been around for a little while

Re: Reason I haven't been around for a little while

I'm sorry that I missed this thread until now.
    My condolences to you Debs, and as others have said, I also think of my parents every day.
    It takes some time, but it does get easier, and now my memories are that much more heartwarming.
    I was fortunate to be able to be with both of them in their last hours, and while it was the most difficult thing I've ever gone through, years later, I'm comforted by that fact that the last words I spoke to them were of my deep love and respect.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Re: Reason I haven't been around for a little while

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I'm sorry that I missed this thread until now.
    My condolences to you Debs, and as others have said, I also think of my parents every day.
    It takes some time, but it does get easier, and now my memories are that much more heartwarming.
    I was fortunate to be able to be with both of them in their last hours, and while it was the most difficult thing I've ever gone through, years later, I'm comforted by that fact that the last words I spoke to them were of my deep love and respect.
    I was with my dad (with my mum, and sister), day and night, for the last week of his life, and we were all holding his hands as he passed, we never stopped telling him how much we love him, but we also told him that it was OK to let go.
    I don't know if I've ever said how much I hate dementia, it stole my dad from me, bit by bit, until it robbed us completely
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't