Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The perfect analogy (a light bulb moment)

I had a light bulb moment today. I had a call for paper jamming, it was obvious that the paper just needed some fanning and conditioning. So I call the group of 4 workers over to the copier to tell them that they need to fan the paper, flex, and twist it a little to help it feed better. I proceeded to grab about 1/3 of a ream flexed, fanned, and twisted it a little before I put it in the drawer. You could just see the eyes roll in the group (as if that will help or I don't want to do it type of eye rolling) One gal in the back piped up and said seeing you condition the paper reminds me of when I get fresh $20 bills from the bank teller or ATM. I do all of the things you just did to that paper because I want them to separate easier when I go to pay for things. I don't want to accidentally give $40 when I meant to pay $20. Those bills really tend to stick together. You should have seen all the light bulbs go off in the group. I think they finally understood the point I was trying to make.

I am incorporating this into my op trainings. Hopefully it helps you and me out.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Re: The perfect analogy (a light bulb moment)

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    I had a light bulb moment today. I had a call for paper jamming, it was obvious that the paper just needed some fanning and conditioning. So I call the group of 4 workers over to the copier to tell them that they need to fan the paper, flex, and twist it a little to help it feed better. I proceeded to grab about 1/3 of a ream flexed, fanned, and twisted it a little before I put it in the drawer. You could just see the eyes roll in the group (as if that will help or I don't want to do it type of eye rolling) One gal in the back piped up and said seeing you condition the paper reminds me of when I get fresh $20 bills from the bank teller or ATM. I do all of the things you just did to that paper because I want them to separate easier when I go to pay for things. I don't want to accidentally give $40 when I meant to pay $20. Those bills really tend to stick together. You should have seen all the light bulbs go off in the group. I think they finally understood the point I was trying to make.

I am incorporating this into my op trainings. Hopefully it helps you and me out.
    Brilliant!!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I love it! Indeed, the perfect analogy. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

There’s gotta be a snappy smart-ass comeback in there, somewhere.

I just haven’t found it yet.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post

Man you're just wasting your talents fixing copiers...on other hand you make me proud being copier tech
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Things get seriously when 'money' are involved
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Brilliant!!
    Mad at myself for not thinking of that. I fan and even crinkle my money now, I did once slip a extra 20 in a store.