Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Democrats have managed to ruin the Marijuana Market

Democrats could fuck up a wet dream.

California’s legal weed industry can’t compete with illicit market

LOS ANGELES — California’s cannabis market is booming nearly five years after voters legalized recreational weed. But there’s a catch: the vast majority of pot sales are still underground.

Rather than make cannabis a Main Street fixture, California’s strict regulations have led most industry operators to close shop, flee the state or sell in the state’s illegal market that approaches $8 billion annually, twice the volume of legal sales.

Local government opposition, high taxes and competition from unlicensed businesses are complicating California’s push to build a thriving legal market. Many of those factors are baked into California law, including rules allowing city leaders to shut out licensed cannabis enterprises. Meanwhile, the state has relaxed penalties against illegal operations in the name of racial justice.

Infighting between industry groups and lobbying dysfunction in Sacramento have stalled potential legislative fixes, with no clear end in sight. The scale of those problems has California’s iconic cannabis industry — the legal side, at least — lagging behind other states that have regulated the market.

“You don't have a real cannabis industry if the dominant portion of it has no interest in being legal,” said Adam Spiker, executive director of the Southern California Coalition, a cannabis trade association. “There's no other regulated industry in the world that I know of that operates like that.”

Licensed cannabis shops offering legal goods are sparsely scattered across the state — there are roughly 2 per 100,000 people, one of the lowest rates in the nation among states that support legal recreational sales.

By comparison, Oregon has 17.9 retail shops for every 100,000 residents. Colorado boasts a similar ratio, and Washington state’s rate is more than triple California’s.

California has just 823 licensed brick-and-mortar cannabis shops, but close to 3,000 retailers and delivery services operate in the state without a permit, a February 2020 market analysis by Marijuana Business Daily found.

The unchecked cannabis ecosystem has caused major economic and environmental damage in California. Many of the state's estimated 50,000 illegal cultivation sites have been found to use banned pesticides that can poison wildlife and water supplies and are believed to account for hundreds of millions of gallons in water stolen from farms and neighboring communities each year.

Growth is found only in adversity.

Re: Democrats have managed to ruin the Marijuana Market

Ignore the spam on top.

It got legalized in South-Africa only about 4 years ago. You can now legally grow and use the stuff. Never liked it and don't smoke it unless I am out in the bush with mates, makes me slow silly. Don't climb a giant Maroela tree when you are sober and smoke up there, that much I know. Was stuck in a tree for 4 hours.

If you can grow your own there is no need to buy any. They are literally growing on the sidewalk these days. Most guys knows to pull the males out if you pass by one. That is collapsing it for both under ground and legal channels in my opinion. Its a drug like not much else it really screws with you.
    Whatever

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Ignore the spam on top.

It got legalized in South-Africa only about 4 years ago. You can now legally grow and use the stuff. Never liked it and don't smoke it unless I am out in the bush with mates, makes me slow silly. Don't climb a giant Maroela tree when you are sober and smoke up there, that much I know. Was stuck in a tree for 4 hours.

If you can grow your own there is no need to buy any. They are literally growing on the sidewalk these days. Most guys knows to pull the males out if you pass by one. That is collapsing it for both under ground and legal channels in my opinion. Its a drug like not much else it really screws with you.
    It messes with you far less than alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    It messes with you far less than alcohol
    A good friend told me something profound one day. He told me alcohol makes your body drunk but weed makes your spirit drunk. They are both mood and mind altering drugs.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Legal here in Canada.Cannibis stores all over the place to buy your stuff or you can just get it online and have it delivered to your door.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The next thing you know the government will be wanting to tax us for growing our own tomatoes and carrots. That's what it is all about. People should be allowed to grow their own weed. You can't really trust the shady providers, and businesses are too expensive. Personally all I care about is keeping it out of hands of kids, just like alcohol. You need to take responsibility for using either, kids don't think it through. Many adults don't either. We have a wine maker in our area. Makes some great wine, not for profit though. Gives it away for charity, family, and friends. To bypass gov't interference, he donates the wine with bird feeders. After you drink the wine, you fill the bottle with bird seed. He is not donating wine (illegal without license) he is donating bird feeders. That way our youth sports, churches, non-profits, can get $50-$100 donation and he doesn't need to buy a liquor license. He isn't selling it, the govt won't let him donate it. Next thing you know the govt won't allow home baked or canned items at Fall church benefits. It's all about the tax revenue, nothing else.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    The next thing you know the government will be wanting to tax us for growing our own tomatoes and carrots. That's what it is all about. People should be allowed to grow their own weed. You can't really trust the shady providers, and businesses are too expensive. Personally all I care about is keeping it out of hands of kids, just like alcohol. You need to take responsibility for using either, kids don't think it through. Many adults don't either. We have a wine maker in our area. Makes some great wine, not for profit though. Gives it away for charity, family, and friends. To bypass gov't interference, he donates the wine with bird feeders. After you drink the wine, you fill the bottle with bird seed. He is not donating wine (illegal without license) he is donating bird feeders. That way our youth sports, churches, non-profits, can get $50-$100 donation and he doesn't need to buy a liquor license. He isn't selling it, the govt won't let him donate it. Next thing you know the govt won't allow home baked or canned items at Fall church benefits. It's all about the tax revenue, nothing else.
    We have a major drug crisis in America. It is called fentanyl. And it is showing up in everything the street pushers sell, including cannabis products. It is extremely deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    We have a major drug crisis in America. It is called fentanyl. And it is showing up in everything the street pushers sell, including cannabis products. It is extremely deadly.
    And super cheap... You can obtain a dose of it in ZA for about 75c US! Its destroyed entire communities that and crystal meth. Its devastating.
    Whatever