Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Good Christmas Present For Copier Techs?

Re: Good Christmas Present For Copier Techs?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I beg to differ, sir. I'm living proof that tequila can go wrong in ways that you'd never think of. And the police may or may not have been involved. lol

Hmmm, come to think of it I don't remember some wild events at the hands of tequila myself. I'm pretty sure there were no cops, but you never know.

I've matured since then and only enjoy it responsibly. Lol

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Hmmm, come to think of it I don't remember some wild events at the hands of tequila myself. I'm pretty sure there were no cops, but you never know.

I've matured since then and only enjoy it responsibly. Lol

mine was a recurring nightly event between the ages of 16 & 19, Jameson whisky- neat, black russians, topped off by a couple of pints, the night, not long after my 19th birthday, that they pulled me out of the sea, was when I decided it was no longer a good idea....but hey, boy did I have fun whilst it lasted....best of all too young to be affected by hangovers
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Long story short, any ideas for a couple of reasonably priced Christmas present for a couple of veteran copier techs that will help smooth things over with the team?
    a functional pen

Nah... it's probably hard to pick one item that will make everybody happy but some stuff like a good quality thermos-mug or a swiss multitool might something. Depending on the covid situation it's also possible to invite that folks to a restaurant, boley alley or xmas bbq for a little get-together.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I beg to differ, sir. I'm living proof that tequila can go wrong in ways that you'd never think of. And the police may or may not have been involved. lol
    I'm living proof too, although I have no memories of the night...NONE WHATSOEVER, unfortunately at the time, though, there was photographic evidence
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I'm living proof too, although I have no memories of the night...NONE WHATSOEVER, unfortunately at the time, though, there was photographic evidence

There's no photographic evidence of my night....however there's probably a log with the Police, Ambulance and Inshore Rescue...all the emergency services that attended that night That WAS my wake up call that I should no longer drink like that anymore, I haven't been drunk in about 40 years now.
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I don't drink anymore and haven't for years, but during my drinking years every once-in-a-while I would get tore up from the floor up. I would do and say stupid shit but wouldn't remember it the next day.

Inevitably, one of my friends would remind me of what I did. I finally had to tell my friends that there's a reason that tequila makes you forget the stupid shit that you did and that by him reminding me the next day that he's ruining my drunk and he owes me the price of the bottle of tequila that he completely ruined by reminding me.

PS - I can remember waking up the next morning with such a bad hangover that I would pray to God. I'd say, "dear Lord, if you'll help me make it thru this hangover just this one time, I'll make it thru the next one by my damn self." lol
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Prepaid gas gift card if the techs drive their own cars. Otherwise grocery or movie gift cards. A variety pack of all three is even better.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post

It didn't happen unless you've got pictures, we are going to need to see those. Please post them for tech review.

PS. we will be discrete.��

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    It didn't happen unless you've got pictures, we are going to need to see those. Please post them for tech review.

PS. we will be discrete.��
    Thankfully, as far as I know, those photos have long since been lost

It was a party at my house, I remember up to a certain point in the evening with complete clarity, the next thing I remember was waking up and hearing friends downstairs discussing the fun of the previous night (it involved someone drawing on me, and posting the photos on a forum that my friend ran, that forum is long gone before you ask about it ) I peered down and found a perfect drawing, I still can't remember it being done lol
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

There are some reasonably priced beer of the month club ideas.

beer of the month club - Google Search