Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Good Christmas Present For Copier Techs?

Beer or booze is normally a good gift idea.

The better idea is not giving them a reason to drink it!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Good Christmas Present For Copier Techs?

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    Thankfully, as far as I know, those photos have long since been lost

It was a party at my house, I remember up to a certain point in the evening with complete clarity, the next thing I remember was waking up and hearing friends downstairs discussing the fun of the previous night (it involved someone drawing on me, and posting the photos on a forum that my friend ran, that forum is long gone before you ask about it ) I peered down and found a perfect drawing, I still can't remember it being done lol

True story: One night me and a bunch of friends were partying at my house and one of our friends passed out on the couch. We took lipstick and makeup and did a number on his face. We then woke him up and said: "c'mon, we're going to the bar."

We all piled in the car and pulled up to the bar and walked in. It was packed. The bar went dead silent for about a second and then the entire bar fell out laughing.

One of my fondest memories. It still cracks me up thinking about it.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    There are some reasonably priced beer of the month club ideas.

beer of the month club - Google Search
    This is a great one, sadly our company owner already does this for everyone every year

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Here is a good suggestion for the men who like to wear ties. And it supports a good cause. Pin-Ups For Vets is an award-winning nonprofit organization that supports hospitalized Veterans and deployed Troops. Pin-Ups For Vets raises funds to improve Veterans’ healthcare, donates funds to VA hospitals for medical equipment and program expansion, improves quality of life for ill Veterans across the United States through personal bedside visits to deliver gifts, promotes volunteerism at Veterans Hospitals, supports homeless Veterans with clothing and calendar gifts delivered to shelters, boosts morale for military wives and female Veterans with makeovers and clothing, and boosts morale for deployed troops through delivery of care packages.

America The Beautiful---- Men'''s Tie - Pin-Ups For Vets Store

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Here is a good suggestion for the men who like to wear ties. And it supports a good cause. Pin-Ups For Vets is an award-winning nonprofit organization that supports hospitalized Veterans and deployed Troops. Pin-Ups For Vets raises funds to improve Veterans’ healthcare, donates funds to VA hospitals for medical equipment and program expansion, improves quality of life for ill Veterans across the United States through personal bedside visits to deliver gifts, promotes volunteerism at Veterans Hospitals, supports homeless Veterans with clothing and calendar gifts delivered to shelters, boosts morale for military wives and female Veterans with makeovers and clothing, and boosts morale for deployed troops through delivery of care packages.

America The Beautiful---- Men'''s Tie - Pin-Ups For Vets Store

They are a great group.
    I have several calendars from years past.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Too old to care 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    As a 50+ tech I would not be offended by a decent bottle of whisky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hade View Post
    That's a really good idea. One of them is definitely a whiskey drinker.
    Whilst it's a magnificent thought Hade, be aware that there is a very big difference between Whisky & Whiskey.. Whisky comes from Scotland, Whiskey comes from Ireland.. easily remembered by the one with an 'E' coming from the Country with an 'E' in it's name...

Other than that, some form of vouchers whilst not as 'personal'.. are more likely to be actually useful and actually used..

Just my 'two penneth' as a copier engineer...

Whatever you do, it will be appreciated thought I'm sure..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hade View Post
    Currently a new sales person for a small copier company with two older (50+) technicians.

They hate me because, sales and also being new to the industry I made several sales and will probably continue to make sales that give them a headache due to us being too short staffed to keep a proper inventory list.

Long story short, any ideas for a couple of reasonably priced Christmas present for a couple of veteran copier techs that will help smooth things over with the team?

Thanks!
    Maybe they should get you a gift for selling more machines and keeping them in a job.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThisPete View Post
    Whilst it's a magnificent thought Hade, be aware that there is a very big difference between Whisky & Whiskey.. Whisky comes from Scotland, Whiskey comes from Ireland.. easily remembered by the one with an 'E' coming from the Country with an 'E' in it's name...

Other than that, some form of vouchers whilst not as 'personal'.. are more likely to be actually useful and actually used..

Just my 'two penneth' as a copier engineer...

Whatever you do, it will be appreciated thought I'm sure..
    Close but no cigar.
    • Whisky (no e) refers to Scottish, Canadian, or Japanese grain spirits. (Note that Japanese does contain "E"
    • Whiskey (with an e) refers to grain spirits distilled in Ireland and the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Maybe they should get you a gift for selling more machines and keeping them in a job.
    Your world is obviously very different to mine.. our sales team has done a brilliant job of upgrading machines over the last two or so years, unfortunately we now have a fleet of much newer, much more reliable machines.. which therefore need less 'tech's...

Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Close but no cigar.
    • Whisky (no e) refers to Scottish, Canadian, or Japanese grain spirits. (Note that Japanese does contain "E"
    • Whiskey (with an e) refers to grain spirits distilled in Ireland and the United States.
    Are you trying to suggest that there are actually (proper) whisky/whiskeys that come anywhere else other than these fair isles!!!... #shockedbeyondbelief!!!...

;-)