Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Apparenrtly Biden wants to start a war

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    But only one has a son who has been involved with investing in corporations in the Ukraine
    Clearly Putin doesn't feel he needs to use an intermediate agent.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Apparenrtly Biden wants to start a war

The title of this thread is both asinine and misspelled.

The pending conflict in the Ukraine is entirely created by Vladimir Putin and will proceed at a time of his choosing to gain maximum advantage either politically, economically or militarily.

President Biden has masterfully developed a broad spectrum of counter measures and punitive warnings to make any military invasion of the Ukraine very expensive for Russia.

President Biden declared yesterday that any invasion of the Ukraine would likely rapidly escalate into the largest armed conflict in Europe since WWII.

Thankfully the inexperienced ex President was never challenged by a large scale armed conflict during his failed four years in office. No time for learning on the job when many lives and much treasure are at risk.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

You also said that you were not reply to him again. The fact that you had to reply to my post means that it really does bother you. You on the other hand completely melt down every time anyone post anything conservative.

We know that you are a liar because you have already admitted to lying. That makes you an impeached witness. Therefore everything you say can be also considered as a lie.

Never hears of "grindr" before so I looked it up. Apparently you do like sex with other men. Since you knew about it, you must have used it in the past to look up someone to date.

Thanks for this Slimjim. But we really don't need any more proof of you impaired intelligence.

PS: I didn't admit to lying, I admitted I made a mistake. Something you and the other amigos are too cowardly to do.

PPS: Neither you nor the other amigos are equiped to make me "MELT DOWN". Just so you know, I view all of you as an amusing sideshow.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Thanks for this Slimjim. But we really don't need any more proof of you impaired intelligence.

PS: I didn't admit to lying, I admitted I made a mistake. Something you and the other amigos are too cowardly to do.

PPS: Neither you nor the other amigos are equiped to make me "MELT DOWN". Just so you know, I view all of you as an amusing sideshow.

You still lying. You admitted to me that you were lying when you said you'd have sex with a tranny.

I'm a fair man. Why don't you come clean and tell the truth and stop all this lying. What do you say?
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

By the way, how is it a mistake to admit that you'd have sex with another man? A mistake is running out of gas because you forget to fill up the tank. Taking a penis in your ass and/or mouth goes well beyond making a mistake. lol
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

What is SWIFT and why it might be the weapon Russia fears most

As Western governments threaten Russia with a package of unprecedented sanctions aimed at deterring President Vladimir Putin from ordering an invasion of Ukraine, there's one measure in particular that appears to strike fear at the heart of the Kremlin: cutting the country off from the global banking system.

US lawmakers have suggested in recent weeks that Russia could be removed from SWIFT, a high security network that connect thousands of financial institutions around the world.

Senior Russian lawmakers have responded by saying that shipments of oil, gas and metals to Europe would stop if that happened.

"If Russia is disconnected from SWIFT, then we will not receive [foreign] currency, but buyers, European countries in the first place, will not receive our goods — oil, gas, metals and other important components," Nikolai Zhuravlev, vice speaker of Russia's upper house of parliament, said Tuesday, according to state media outlet TASS.

What is SWIFT?

The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication was founded in 1973 to replace the telex and is now used by over 11,000 financial institutions to send secure messages and payment orders. With no globally accepted alternative, it is essential plumbing for global finance.

Removing Russia from SWIFT would make it nearly impossible for financial institutions to send money in or out of the country, delivering a sudden shock to Russian companies and their foreign customers -— especially buyers of oil and gas exports denominated in US dollars.

"The cutoff would terminate all international transactions, trigger currency volatility, and cause massive capital outflows," Maria Shagina, a visiting fellow at the Finnish Institute of International Affairs, wrote in a paper last year for Carnegie Moscow Center.

Excluding Russia from SWIFT would cause its economy to shrink by 5%, former finance minister Alexei Kudrin estimated in 2014.

SWIFT is based in Belgium and governed by a board consisting of 25 people, including Eddie Astanin, chairman of the management board at Russia's Central Counterparty Clearing Centre. SWIFT, which describes itself as a "neutral utility," is incorporated under Belgian law and must comply with EU regulations.

What happens if Russia is removed?

There is precedent for removing a country from SWIFT.

SWIFT unplugged Iranian banks in 2012 after they were sanctioned by the European Union over the country's nuclear program. Iran lost almost half of its oil export revenue and 30% of foreign trade following the disconnection, according to Shagina.

"SWIFT is a neutral global cooperative set up and operated for the collective benefit of its community," the organization said in a statement Wednesday. "Any decision to impose sanctions on countries or individual entities rests solely with the competent government bodies and applicable legislators," it added.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Then why are you wasting your timer trying to criticize conservative posts? Oh wait, it not us but what we post that get you all hot and bothered. If they were not bothering you, you would ignore them It is real easy. Just click on the user's name, select View Profile and on the profile page click Add to Ignore List. Oh and you have to stop checking the political threads to see if there has been anything posted you do not like. In other words just stop posting insults. Unless someone else replies with quote to one of your posts, I don't see what you post. Generally speaking I don't camp out on CTN like you and the other lib turds do. Normally I only come here when either I have an article to post or I get an email that someone who is not on my ignore list has posted to a thread that I have posted to previously.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    By the way, how is it a mistake to admit that you'd have sex with another man? A mistake is running out of gas because you forget to fill up the tank. Taking a penis in your ass and/or mouth goes well beyond making a mistake. lol

It really sounds like you are experienced. Is that why Slimjim and Phil "like" everything you post??
    I know, I said I wouldn't respond to you. But this was just such a stupid post I couldn't resist.

The mistake I was referring was mistakenly thinking Rittenhouse had carried a gun across state lines. You remember Rittenhouse, right? He is the guy you said is a white supremecist

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Then why are you wasting your timer trying to criticize conservative posts? Oh wait, it not us but what we post that get you all hot and bothered. If they were not bothering you, you would ignore them It is real easy. Just click on the user's name, select View Profile and on the profile page click Add to Ignore List. Oh and you have to stop checking the political threads to see if there has been anything posted you do not like. In other words just stop posting insults. Unless someone else replies with quote to one of your posts, I don't see what you post. Generally speaking I don't camp out on CTN like you and the other lib turds do. Normally I only come here when either I have an article to post or I get an email that someone who is not on my ignore list has posted to a thread that I have posted to previously.
    That's where you and differ Slimjim. I'm not afraid of information. I'll read what you post, check it out for myself and call you out when it turns out to be bullshit.