Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Lay of the weed. (Pot Head Medical Update)

Lay of the weed. (Pot Head Medical Update)

Cannabis Users Hospitalised with Psychiatric Issues Up 74 Per Cent Since Scotland’s Quasi-Decriminalisation

The number of Scottish cannabis users being hospitalised with psychiatric issues has increased by 74 per cent since 2016, when the drug was semi-decriminalised by Police Scotland.

The rise follows senior officers in Scotland issuing guidance in January 2016 that so-called simple possession of cannabis could be handwaved away with what amounts to an informal warning, resulting in prosecutions more than halving from 1,809 in 2015/16 to 877 in 2019/20, according to figures reported by The Sunday Post.

Professor Jonathan Chick, medical director of the Castle Craig rehabilitation clinic in the Scottish Borders, was quoted by the Post as saying that the patients he deals with suffer from “dependence and psychosis.”

“Often, where there has been a second or third psychotic breakdown, there has been hospital or police involvement because of incidents of self-harm or harm to others. These patients have terrifying thoughts,” he explained.

“It is a paranoid psychosis where they can’t even go into the street without misinterpreting thoroughly innocuous cues as malevolent. It is a horrible experience… Sometimes the damage is permanent in which case the treatment for schizophrenia involves living and working in safer environments and medication – though there is no medication that doesn’t come without effects such as weight increase, mental slowing and involuntary movements,” he added, warning that “The eye has been taken off the ball with cannabis.”

“We’re still in the grip of this really worrying narrative that cannabis is about peace, love and opening your mind with no harm done,” lamented the chief executive of the Faces & Voices of Recovery charity, Annemarie Ward, adding that the “cannabis myth has to be challenged”.

Nevetheless, Sadiq Khan, the Labour mayor of Britain’s hyper-diverse multicultural capital of London — and home to a greater population than all of Scotland in a much smaller geographical area — is also reportedly moving towards a Scotland-style quasi-decriminalisation regime, seeking to have users offered counselling instead of arresting them.

The news comes as The Telegraph reports on research published in the peer-reviewed Journal of Clinical Psychology suggesting that adolescents who consume even small quantities of cannabis may be increasing their chances of developing schizophrenia sixfold.

“Both high- and low-frequency marijuana usage were associated with a significantly increased risk of schizophrenia,” researchers Shea-Lee Godin and Sherif Shehata were quoted as saying by the newspaper.

“The frequency of use among high- and low-frequency users is similar in both, demonstrating statistically significant increased risk in developing schizophrenia,” they warned.

In America, Harvard Medical School has also revealed recently that 78 per cent of psychosis patients aged between 16 and 35 that they studied had used cannabis.

McLean Hospital in Massachusetts, meanwhile, said that two-and-a-half times more people are being admitted for cannabis-related psychosis in parts areas where cannabis has been legalised.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Re: Lay of the weed. (Pot Head Medical Update)

Quote Originally Posted by halomutov View Post
    I can't believe that cannabis is actually that harmful to health because it turned out to be a great solution for my friends who used to cope with anxiety and panic attacks, and I was glad when it was legalized in Canada. I've been ordering cannabis on Buy AAA+ Weed Online in Vancouver | WeedDelivery for a while as well, and I can say that it helps me reduce stress and it improves my overall wellbeing. And in general, the Canadian government recognized the economic and medical potential of marijuana, so I'm pretty sure it's not as bad as you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by SamHanson View Post
    I never wanted to give up marijuana because I am not addicted to it to the point of insanity. I sometimes had to not smoke for several months and I felt wonderful. However, when I started growing marijuana myself, I became the owner of the best rest. I advise you to follow this link to understand how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greggom View Post
    I really want to try my hand at growing cannabis at home, because I'm tired of constantly looking for marijuana to buy, then waiting for delivery and only then smoking. In addition, it is easy to find information on how to grow cannabis correctly. Read more here if you're also interested in this topic. I think growing also helps me relax and de-stress after work.

You are all wasting your time on this site.
    Whatever

Banned User

Re: Lay of the weed. (Pot Head Medical Update)

Hello! If you want to buy good mushrooms then check out HOW TO ORDER MAGIC MUSHROOMS ONLINE - Shrooms Online because you can find a lot of quality products in this store! Now I often buy something for myself when I want to relax! This shop helped me! My parties always help me!