Page 40 of 100 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Re: $5.00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    No if you READ the article you
    Would have noticed there higher fees and restrictions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    .. I did. Great move! The oil industry is making record profits from Federal lands. They should pay more.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    .. I did. Great move! The oil industry is making record profits from Federal lands. They should pay more.
    Who is making profit? Not the US oil companies. "It appears that somehow the definition of emergency now includes making a profit at the expense of American consumers because sooner or later a real emergency will hit and then it will be too late." And much of that released Strategic Reserve release is not going to US consumers.
    Figures. Oil From Joe Biden’s Emergency SPR Release Is Heading to Europe- Not to US Consumers - Survival Magazine & News - Bushcraft Prepper Offgrid SHTF Blog & Conservative News

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Tesla Posts Upbeat Q1 Deliveries, On Track to Deliver 1M EVs in 2022

American electric vehicle (EV) manufacturer Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) reported record deliveries for the first quarter of 2022, highlighting a superb start to the year. Despite persistent global supply chain issues, inflationary pressures, and factory shutdowns, Tesla’s fanbase has ensured that the company’s performance is not dimmed by any external factors. I hope that in a couple months I will get Tesla at least via this company https://carplus.co.uk/calculator/ if I face any financial troubles.

Increasing gas prices and consumers’ enhanced awareness of their carbon print have propelled the EV industry, and Tesla remains one of the hot picks in the segment.
    Tesla shares gained almost 57% over the past year, albeit losing 9.6% year-to-date amid the ongoing geopolitical environment.

Tesla Q1 Deliveries in Detail

Tesla delivered a total of 310,048 EVs in Q1FY22, and manufactured over 305,000 vehicles. The deliveries came in line with analyst predictions of about 310,000. The figure was revised downwards by analysts in late March due to ongoing challenges. Earlier, analysts had predicted a more optimistic number of 315,000 deliveries.

... almost all new car buyers are considering buying an electric vehicle. They may not buy one but it is definitely in their thought process.
    On the other hand Tesla car prices are also skyrocketing unfortunately. I mean buying a Tesla now is not that lucrative as it was say even a year ago.

.00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by Simphony View Post
    On the other hand Tesla car prices are also skyrocketing unfortunately. I mean buying a Tesla now is not that lucrative as it was say even a year ago.

... Tesla recently increased prices by 5-10% depending on the model yet continue to sell out their inventory. A base level introductory Tesla costs approx $50,000.00.

If you drive less than 300 km everyday, I think the payoff is still there with gasoline and maintenance costs at record highs.

If you spent $25.00 a day to operate and maintain your gas powered vehicle that equals $9k a year in savings. Tesla's are not that large inside especially for backseat passengers. Say you were to buy a very fuel efficient car for $30,000.00 after three years you are at break even with several years ahead of you of significant annual savings.

Tesla's are definitely the trendy car in demand by the market. To some people price is not the only consideration.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

.00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    ... in my area diesel is at record high prices. Diesel prices around the world are at record prices.

I have a trucking company as a customer and I asked the Owner a few days ago what he thought about prices and specifically Fuel Surtaxes. He thinks this week the surtax will surpass the actual cost of diesel. The surtax applies to customers with long term fixed contracts. These customers pay the contractual base charge plus the surtax.

The price of diesel effects many industries such as farming which uses a lot of heavy machinery.

Unfortunately, electric powered tractor trailers for the trucking industry are still many years away for widespread availability.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 05-03-2022 at 02:22 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

In Europe we are paying 7 Euros per Gallon ( 2.1 per liter ) but electricity is still increasing in price . Here what is sold the most are hybrids and even so it does not compensate the cost of the car.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas